X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Originally posted by PennYork View Post
    A hand full of shots seemed to toilet bowl spin out of the rim for the hawks yesterday. They need some size next year, Gabriel Sanz isn't it. That kid isn't going to help, saw him up close and it likes like a stiff breeze could blow him over. Obviously Radford can shoot a long ball and I like the kid but dang he was way outmatched and it showed badly. He shouldn't have played many minutes yesterday.
    Are you sure you were looking at the right player? He is 6'9 and 230lbs. Time will tell if he can help or not I guess

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    A hand full of shots seemed to toilet bowl spin out of the rim for the hawks yesterday. They need some size next year, Gabriel Sanz isn't it. That kid isn't going to help, saw him up close and it likes like a stiff breeze could blow him over. Obviously Radford can shoot a long ball and I like the kid but dang he was way outmatched and it showed badly. He shouldn't have played many minutes yesterday.
    I agree with you on Bryce ... but ... who else is going to play? Sarp has looked like a chicken with three heads the past month. Stewart is in Joe's doghouse. Lambert is wondering around Siberia. That's it. What remains of the active roster is so limited.

This team lacks nearly everything aside from the starting PG and PF. Bryce has to play heavy minutes. There's nobody else.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    "Bryce caught the league off guard when he first came back. He's always been a huge liability on defense. At best, he's about 5'11", and bigger offensive players routinely either shoot right over him or blow right by."

This comment perfectly describes the situation with Ship's guards this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Bryce caught the league off guard when he first came back. He's always been a huge liability on defense. At best, he's about 5'11", and bigger offensive players routinely either shoot right over him or blow right by.

His numbers the first time through the West vs the second time through are astoundingly different.

Evidence? IUP went an abysmal 2-6 in the second loop, and his scoring average went way down.

Word is about half the Clarion roster is going in to the portal tomorrow. So, a roster of kids on their way out came to the KCAC and won.

Now, this season has been so F-ed up for IUP it actually wouldn't shock me if they win tomorrow. They are due. It also wouldn't surprise me if they lose by double digits.

Leave a comment:

• PennYork
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Hurst then Gannon I mean !!
    Mercyhurst blew out Slippery Rock today. IUP's lost four straight, including to (cough cough) freaking Clarion today.

They better worry about Monday before making travel plans.

Joe's without question a home dog Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Hurst then Gannon I mean !!

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    On the up side Josh played one of the best games he has had so far. Damir got some decent minutes and played well. On the downside Ethan didn't have a great game but can't complain given he is one of the best players IUP has ever had. Bryce and Jaylen just did not click into motion. Just wish Joe had selected this positioning and rotation earlier in the season with Josh as three and Damir and KJ sharing the 4. Too late for them to cemete unfortunately. Always knew this season would be tough. Hurst then Cal next.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Obviously emotions are running high but the reality is this team is what it is. It was an entertaining game and I liked how they clawed back into it in the final couple minutes, but getting lazy midway through the second half is what put them in that position. Garvin sort of went into Shawndale mode there trying to do too much on multiple possessions down the stretch. I agree with the earlier comment about not using timeouts. There were a couple key moments there where a reset could have helped. Anyway, as stated above, the best thing is for this season to end and I recognize I’m digging deep for a silver lining.

On a positive note, I thought that was the best officiating crew I’ve seen in a while. I thought they did a great job and there wasn’t much to argue about really. Why don’t we see that crew more often?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They are a team for 48 more hours.

Then blow this roster up. He has to cut some dead weight.
    A lot of dead weight!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Yes Joe, you are what you are... YOU SUCK!!!

Yep, the story of the night is we are a TEAM. What????
    They are a team for 48 more hours.

Then blow this roster up. He has to cut some dead weight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Yes Joe, you are what you are... YOU SUCK!!!

Yep, the story of the night is we are a TEAM. What????

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    What the hell was that trash???
    Rat race with less then a minute in the game. Can't take those time outs home Joe. Get a couple good offensive boards around the 35 second mark and then promptly chucking the ball right back up like they they were shooting a buzzer beater. Absolutely insane!

Lets check Sarp in the last 2 minutes after sitting for 38.

Out rebounded
    Worst IUP team since the late 80s.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    What the hell was that trash???
    Rat race with less then a minute in the game. Can't take those time outs home Joe. Get a couple good offensive boards around the 35 second mark and then promptly chucking the ball right back up like they they were shooting a buzzer beater. Absolutely insane!

Lets check Sarp in the last 2 minutes after sitting for 38.

Out rebounded

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Same here. I don’t think I can make the playoff game so this might be my last chance. He’s had quite the ride here and it has been fun to watch.
    You're not going to miss anything.

Forty more minutes and this disaster is finally over.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X