X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by PennYork View Post
    Limit the fouls and turnovers (especially on the inbound passes) Hawks can win on Wednesday. It was physical game last meeting and will be again.
    IUP really had to muck up and ugly the first game. They'll have to do that again to have a shot. If the game goes track meet Joe will get smoked.

Cal is just vastly deeper and its starting five causes IUP far too many matchup problems.

The Vulcans have a gigantic mismatch with Bryson Lucas (perhaps the best SF in the West) against KJ. Jermaine Hall is also difficult for Ethan to cover as he plays almost like a jacked up, 6'4" guard rather than a post player. Then, of course, you also have Palek coming in off the bench at 6'8" or so (who can be an elite trey shooter and flopper).

Bryce needs a Bryce night. McClurg shut him down in the first game.

As you said, it will be a physical game. Nobody on the IUP roster is better geared for that than Damir Brooks, and then probably Petteno. I'll stop right there as it's likely just wishful thinking.

Brooks should not only start this game but play as many minutes as he can until he fouls out. KJ's size and skill set just doesn't fit against Cal.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Limit the fouls and turnovers (especially on the inbound passes) Hawks can win on Wednesday. It was physical game last meeting and will be again.
    Petteno didn't dress the first Cal game. Damir never entered the game.

That particular game I think IUP wins had Damir played.

That said, that was then. IUP is going downhill quick.

I suspect they do bounce back Wednesday (providing EP isn't sick) but the end result likely won't be good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    You can say that about any game!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    This year's foosball and basketball seasons are what happens when you hire an AD who went to Slimey Pebble and not an IUP person.
    lol

Leave a comment:

• PennYork
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    2 x 60-47 !!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post

I think you've alluded to Tomiwa coming back previously. Regardless of whether he does or not with 2 new post players, where does that leave Damir, Waldo, Calum and Gabriel?

Well, you need four bigs (ideally) in the rotation.

Damir and Waldo will be long gone (portal) in the opinion of most. If Joe wanted either long-term he wouldn't have benched them all year. Calum is a walk-on. He may stick around and be a deep bench guy. Romero-Sanz ... I could see him staying but it wouldn't shock me if he leaves.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, Joe's an ego maniac (and his ego has taken a beating this year) so if he does return I can promise it's not going to be with a cast of high school kids. I also agree I don't think he'll go out with this mess as his last dance.

I suspect Garvin, Dallis, Denzel, Stewart and Sarp all return. That's a pretty solid guard group. He'll add a transfer shooter.

The rest of the roster will likely leave. Maybe Romero-Sanz will stay.

He's really only 'replacing' one post player next year (EP). The SF position really didn't exist this year so he'll just be shopping for an actual SF. Let's just pray he doesn't want the 5'9" Jordan Lambert to convert to forward. Lol.

There are some exciting rumors out there about two post players, but, that's all they are at this point. If true, however, things change real quick (and Joe's back in a hurry).
    I think you've alluded to Tomiwa coming back previously. Regardless of whether he does or not with 2 new post players, where does that leave Damir, Waldo, Calum and Gabriel?

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Amazing how the fair weather fans are now here to bash Joe.
    Think most of the points raised here are pretty valid. There is no doubting Joe's credentials and he is one of the best D2 coaches in the country no question. Better than anyone on here for sure! This season however he hasn't appeared to the fans to have developed players and there is more than a whiff of nepotism. Everyone knew this would be difficult with half the team being new to the roster. Some players haven't turned out as expected but that's where the coach earns his money to coach and develop. Win or lose the buck stops with him, that's the deal. I doubt he will retire and certainly hope he doesn't. I feel there are exciting times ahead......

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    This year's foosball and basketball seasons are what happens when you hire an AD who went to Slimey Pebble and not an IUP person.
    Awful year for the two sports. It was overdue but to have both tank in the same season was pretty rough.

Make no mistake, 'tank' is the correct word. Both had the talent to be much better.

This was far and away Lombardi's worst coaching year and Tort had quite the banner year himself.

Luckily, this year is almost over.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You say it’ll be an entertaining off season, I beg to differ! You know the only way we’ll find something out is if it is leaked on social media. Joe keeps things on lock and key.
    Well, Joe's an ego maniac (and his ego has taken a beating this year) so if he does return I can promise it's not going to be with a cast of high school kids. I also agree I don't think he'll go out with this mess as his last dance.

I suspect Garvin, Dallis, Denzel, Stewart and Sarp all return. That's a pretty solid guard group. He'll add a transfer shooter.

The rest of the roster will likely leave. Maybe Romero-Sanz will stay.

He's really only 'replacing' one post player next year (EP). The SF position really didn't exist this year so he'll just be shopping for an actual SF. Let's just pray he doesn't want the 5'9" Jordan Lambert to convert to forward. Lol.

There are some exciting rumors out there about two post players, but, that's all they are at this point. If true, however, things change real quick (and Joe's back in a hurry).

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    The best thing that can happen is for the 23-24 season to end. From there the “Joe watch” will be on regarding a potential retirement. I have to say though, I think that’s highly unlikely because who would want to go out that way after all the years of success? I sure wouldn’t. I suspect they’ll make some significant roster changes (or be forced into them) and take a run at it again next year. They have some good guards to build around if they stay and in Dallis’s case, returns healthy. Obviously it’s going to be a complete rebuild under the basket.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that anyone stays on the roster though. I could make a case for just about any of them to enter the portal. I would be shocked if Brooks, Waldo, Lambert, or MacNamera return. It also wouldn’t surprise me if at least one of the two (maybe both) guards that were hurt leaves considering how many guards this team has. For entertainment’s sake, it’s going to be one of the most interesting off seasons we’ve had here in a long time. The results of this season should have felt like a cold glass of water in the face.
    You say it’ll be an entertaining off season, I beg to differ! You know the only way we’ll find something out is if it is leaked on social media. Joe keeps things on lock and key.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    The best thing that can happen is for the 23-24 season to end. From there the “Joe watch” will be on regarding a potential retirement. I have to say though, I think that’s highly unlikely because who would want to go out that way after all the years of success? I sure wouldn’t. I suspect they’ll make some significant roster changes (or be forced into them) and take a run at it again next year. They have some good guards to build around if they stay and in Dallis’s case, returns healthy. Obviously it’s going to be a complete rebuild under the basket.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that anyone stays on the roster though. I could make a case for just about any of them to enter the portal. I would be shocked if Brooks, Waldo, Lambert, or MacNamera return. It also wouldn’t surprise me if at least one of the two (maybe both) guards that were hurt leaves considering how many guards this team has. For entertainment’s sake, it’s going to be one of the most interesting off seasons we’ve had here in a long time. The results of this season should have felt like a cold glass of water in the face.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Amazing how the fair weather fans are now here to bash Joe.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X