X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I tuned in as well from the hotel tonight. Wish I hadn’t lol…

All things considered, I like Seton Hill. They seem to be playing good basketball. They really gave Hurst fits on Saturday. I watched that game and they controlled much of it. I am
    not surprised by tonight’s result.
    Why aren't you surprised? Is it because your head coach won't play his best team? What an embarrasment. Joe just lost to Seton Hill in the KCAC. Yes. Let's celebrate the Griffins. They were great.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    How the F does your best rebounder never see the floor in a game that you're losing that stat?

How many times can KJ touch the ball and not hold onto it?

How many times can KJ dive on the floor and still be 8 feet away from the ball causing your team to get beat in transition?

I won't even talk about the foul situation at the end of the game. Christ, you didn't even foul to get to the dang bonus???
    Needed a rebounder.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-22-2024, 05:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    How the F does your best rebounder never see the floor in a game that you're losing that stat?

How many times can KJ touch the ball and not hold onto it?

How many times can KJ dive on the floor and still be 8 feet away from the ball causing your team to get beat in transition?

I won't even talk about the foul situation at the end of the game. Christ, you didn't even foul to get to the dang bonus???

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’m working out of town and will miss this one. I’ll have to watch the stream.
    I tuned in as well from the hotel tonight. Wish I hadn’t lol…

All things considered, I like Seton Hill. They seem to be playing good basketball. They really gave Hurst fits on Saturday. I watched that game and they controlled much of it. I am
    not surprised by tonight’s result.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ugly
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-22-2024, 05:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe lost to Seton Hill

At home
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-22-2024, 05:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Brooks ZERO MINUTES
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-22-2024, 05:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not pretty
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-22-2024, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Not sure what to expect tonight, crowd-wise. There are several local high school playoff games. They don't typically play on the same night so I suspect a light gate at the KCAC.

Seton Hill travels pretty good for the women's game but they all leave afterward.
    I’m working out of town and will miss this one. I’ll have to watch the stream.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not sure what to expect tonight, crowd-wise. There are several local high school playoff games. They don't typically play on the same night so I suspect a light gate at the KCAC.

Seton Hill travels pretty good for the women's game but they all leave afterward.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Seton Hill is an odd team. They're probably the West Chester-Shepherd of the Western Division, a team that can look very good on one night and not so much on another. Ship beat them early in the year, and it didn't seem like any fluke to me as I thought our personnel compared favorably with theirs. Yet their season has been considerably more successful than Ship's. Sometimes it's all about the matchups.
    They are a bit odd this year.

When they are on, they are a handful (reference two tough games against Cal and a 4-point loss to Gannon). They played IUP tough for about 35 minutes. Add to it they've blown both Mercyhurst games in the final 30 seconds.

That's the good part. Then, of course, they have some really strange losses. It seems they get up some nights and not others - typical of a young team.

Right when they started to get going this year they lost Gabe Gillespie. He's a real handful under the basket. He's been out since Dec. 30.

Their true freshman big, Kendrick Clancy, has star potential. He's a monster. Lombardi said as much last month. That's a really big, physical young man -- and he can run for his size. Ryan Meis (PG) is also a very good player.

You can't have a shooting dud against them. Like Mercyhurst, they are hard to come back against with that zone. You need a good start against them. They've gotten steadily better with each month. Their true freshman PG/SG is very good (and 6'5").

IUP can be very good one night and very so-so the next. Ethan and Garvin have been playing out of their minds (and it's no secret). Problem is nobody else has been. I'm curious how Seton Hill will address the duo. Porterfield crushed them in the first game.

These two could play again in Round 1 in a couple weeks.

Seton Hill dresses half the male student body. It's hilarious to see IUP having 8 dudes warming up and the Griffins come in two Coach buses.

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

During the stream I heard the announcers say Romero-Sanz was in the game while I was in the other room. I rushed in to see it only to quickly find out they were mistaking him for Sarp. Then they were talking about him weighing 240 lbs. and it was astonishing they couldn’t see that kid on the floor was nowhere near 200, let alone 240. They maybe still had tears in their eyes after the women’s game they cried about for an hour afterward.
    I believe when they wear the black unis, they don’t have one with Sarp’s #25 so he wears #20 which is Romero-Sanz’s number on the roster listing. Same thing happened during another game this season with the announcers saying Romero Sanz was playing. But yeah, it’s one thing to go off the info you have and use the wrong name if you weren’t given a heads up. But Sarp not being 6’8 240 lbs should be obvious to the naked eye lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

During the stream I heard the announcers say Romero-Sanz was in the game while I was in the other room. I rushed in to see it only to quickly find out they were mistaking him for Sarp. Then they were talking about him weighing 240 lbs. and it was astonishing they couldn’t see that kid on the floor was nowhere near 200, let alone 240. They maybe still had tears in their eyes after the women’s game they cried about for an hour afterward.
    They couldn't tell Sarp wasn't 6'8" and 240 lbs. That was hilarious.

I think they are still on the air tapping about that women's game.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Ethan and Garvin scored 56 of IUP's 75 points yesterday.

Stewart, Radford and Petteno got the rest. KJ did have 1 point.

Sarp and KJ, combined, scored (1) point in 54 minutes. These two are committing drastically more turnovers combined than scoring.

​​​​​​Somebody aside from EP and Garvin needs to get going. The two-man show works against the Edinboro types but remember Joe is 1-8 this year vs good teams.

Seton Hill will not be an easy game Wednesday night. For the second time this year they let a late lead slip away against Mercyhurst yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Ethan and Garvin scored 56 of IUP's 75 points yesterday.

Stewart, Radford and Petteno got the rest. KJ did have 1 point.

Sarp and KJ, combined, scored (1) point in 54 minutes. These two are committing drastically more turnovers combined than scoring.

​​​​​​Somebody aside from EP and Garvin needs to get going. The two-man show works against the Edinboro types but remember Joe is 1-8 this year vs good teams.

Seton Hill will not be an easy game Wednesday night. For the second time this year they let a late lead slip away against Mercyhurst yesterday.
    Seton Hill is an odd team. They're probably the West Chester-Shepherd of the Western Division, a team that can look very good on one night and not so much on another. Ship beat them early in the year, and it didn't seem like any fluke to me as I thought our personnel compared favorably with theirs. Yet their season has been considerably more successful than Ship's. Sometimes it's all about the matchups.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X