Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub
    replied
    Heck of an effort. Great send-off game for Porterfield. Left it all out there.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    They just need to find a way to make it a final possession game and try to steal a win..
    Got your wish. HUGE shot by Porterfield.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Heck of an effort no matter how it ends up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Love of God put Brooks in. Joe's boy is being murdered.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Petteno huge trey ... Get him going.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It hasn’t been pretty but in reality, IUP is not in a bad position to start the second half. They just need to find a way to make it a final possession game and try to steal a win. The could have been blown out of the building but somehow they’re back in it.
    Consider they are playing 4 on 10
    IUP only has a couple guys who can score.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    It hasn’t been pretty but in reality, IUP is not in a bad position to start the second half. They just need to find a way to make it a final possession game and try to steal a win. The could have been blown out of the building but somehow they’re back in it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sarp and KJ are getting destroyed. This isn't their type of game. Joe needs to get a little creative with whom he is playing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Feels like a minor miracle only being down 7.
    Looked like it was gonna get ugly. Joe is probably pleased with 7 at the break.

GU has some foul issues.

I'd sure love to have two more guards.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Feels like a minor miracle only being down 7.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Not a good start
    Joe has the worst press break in the history of basketball. They are so slow getting the ball in.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    Not a good start

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    As much as I hope otherwise, I just can’t find a realistic path to a win for IUP tonight. I know it’s tournament basketball and upsets happen so there’s always a chance, but I don’t see it with this matchup. For IUP to win it’s going to have to be similar to the game in Indiana where they hung around long enough that they ended up with a chance to win in the final minute. That game never felt close to me but the scoreboard said otherwise deep into the second half. I will say it’s very difficult to beat a team three times but the talent discrepancy from players 1-7 is significant. If IUP does fall, there will be a new PSAC champion for the first time in a long time.
    Yeah this is a very tall task to win in that gym tonight. On paper IUP doesn't have enough. But, that's why they play.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-06-2024, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    As much as I hope otherwise, I just can’t find a realistic path to a win for IUP tonight. I know it’s tournament basketball and upsets happen so there’s always a chance, but I don’t see it with this matchup. For IUP to win it’s going to have to be similar to the game in Indiana where they hung around long enough that they ended up with a chance to win in the final minute. That game never felt close to me but the scoreboard said otherwise deep into the second half. I will say it’s very difficult to beat a team three times but the talent discrepancy from players 1-7 is significant. If IUP does fall, there will be a new PSAC champion for the first time in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It was. Mercyhurst (this year) is custom made for this version of IUP. Joe's team is still pretty tough in a half-court game.

Tomorrow, however, is a different animal. IUP has to survive the runs, and do everything possible to dictate the pace. Joe is at a major disadvantage with his short bench. So, they really need to be careful.

IUP just needs to relax. Nobody expects them to win up there. Teams playing with house money can be dangerous.
    Tourney ball a team is as good as their last game. Even though Hurst was down this year they are still Hurst and I UP should be commended for their victory.

As the saying goes, you got to be in it to win it. IUP will have a punchers chance vs Gannon. Couple of your guys get hot and a couple of Gannon's have poor games and who knows. They may just pull an upset!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X