replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hook, line and sinker!
    Irony is like that sometimes!

Leave a comment:

• gman16506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It is my understanding several of his charges were dropped from his incident while at Gannon two years ago.

I trust Joe vetted the situation very thoroughly. He won't take any bad apples.
    Agreed! I am sure Coach vetted both assistant coach and player to the highest level possible. Wish Pickens only the best as he continues his academic and athletic career.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

If Shawndale Jones hadn’t gotten injured early on in ‘21-22, IUP was heading toward a very un-Joelike season. I do believe he struggles with the idea of giving players the WL type of freedom to play/shoot, but if he has the horses he’ll turn them loose. I also think he completely trusted Armoni Foster to run the show in a way Joe rarely trusts a player.
    That was going to be the 'run and gun' season right up until Shawndale went down in the West Chester (4th) game.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Joe is mentally unable to coach and play the West Liberty Style. He loves his stars too much and is fundamentally averse to playing more than 7 players in any one game! He's a traditional coach who plays in the traditional way. Many years, that's enough to be pretty good but some years, not so much. His big "change" was adding a couple of 3 point shooters to his rosters.
    If Shawndale Jones hadn’t gotten injured early on in ‘21-22, IUP was heading toward a very un-Joelike season. I do believe he struggles with the idea of giving players the WL type of freedom to play/shoot, but if he has the horses he’ll turn them loose. I also think he completely trusted Armoni Foster to run the show in a way Joe rarely trusts a player.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

??????????

Do not post that much as anyone can see by the numerical count under my profile name. I started to post to respond to some of the potentially hurtful rumors being spread about individuals including a current IUP assistant coach and a former Gannon player who is now on the IUP roster. Guess it's called irony!!!
    Hook, line and sinker!

Leave a comment:

• gman16506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Aren't you one of the posters that disappeared when Gannon sucked but no returned after their turn around?
    ??????????

Do not post that much as anyone can see by the numerical count under my profile name. I started to post to respond to some of the potentially hurtful rumors being spread about individuals including a current IUP assistant coach and a former Gannon player who is now on the IUP roster. Guess it's called irony!!!
    Last edited by gman16506; 05-31-2024, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Isn't this the player that some IUP posters said was a really bad apple and may be facing criminal charges in Erie?? Asking for a friend!
    Aren't you one of the posters that disappeared when Gannon sucked but no returned after their turn around?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Isn't this the player that some IUP posters said was a really bad apple and may be facing criminal charges in Erie?? Asking for a friend!

It is my understanding several of his charges were dropped from his incident while at Gannon two years ago.

I trust Joe vetted the situation very thoroughly. He won't take any bad apples.

Leave a comment:

• gman16506
    replied
    Former Gannon guard (and most recently of the JUCO ranks) Alfonso Pickens Jr. has signed with IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Guard

Garvin Clarke
    Dallis Dillard
    Denzel Kabasele
    Ian Herring (incoming freshman)
    Christian Moore (incoming transfer / two years' eligibility)
    Alfonso Pickens (incoming transfer / two years' eligibility)
    Sarp Furtun
    Anthony Watson

Forward

Damir Brooks
    Luke Triggs (incoming transfer / two years' eligibility)
    Callum MacNamara (walk-on)
    Tyler Grove (incoming freshman)

So, for those counting at home, that's (12) players. My guess all along is Herring is going to play immediately, and, likely, at the SF position.

The two latest additions, Moore and Pickens, are both extremely fast players. Their speed actually jumps off the screen. Add in Garvin, and Joe is going to have some very quick lineups.

I feel a lot better after adding these two guys. BUT ... I still think he needs another big (not a 'project' big but a ready-to-roll this year big). Triggs and Damir will be fine so long as they can stay on the court. We all through Grove would redshirt this year but I'm not so sure.

How will this team be? Who knows. But, I think things are looking much brighter. IF Dallis and Denzel return fully healthy, this roster is really set up nicely with big, fast guards. We'll see. I'm not warm and fuzzy about the post positions/depth.

Money-wise, Joe has to be about tapped out. I'd imagine he'll add a walk-on or two, but unless he can find a grad student (with non-scholarship money) ... this may be the roster.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It’s just business I suppose. If I was recruiting I would do the same thing. If you have two kids you like equally and one is ready to sign while the other still wants to date other people, I sign the kid that wants to be here more. It can be a dangerous game for players and coaches and you can end up out in the cold if you’re not careful.
    Julio (said player) had (8) pending offers. I guess he's waiting for Duke to call.

Better pick one soon. Only so many spots.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Well, I do think many coaches use it as a bluff. But it isn't always a bluff.
    It’s just business I suppose. If I was recruiting I would do the same thing. If you have two kids you like equally and one is ready to sign while the other still wants to date other people, I sign the kid that wants to be here more. It can be a dangerous game for players and coaches and you can end up out in the cold if you’re not careful.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If you snooze,you lose as the old saying goes.
    Well, I do think many coaches use it as a bluff. But it isn't always a bluff.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Update: Montes took down his IUP offer. So, obviously when Pickens and Moore signed, his offer was yanked.
    If you snooze,you lose as the old saying goes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Are you surprised they're going for so many guards? I thought that's where they had most of their holdover strength.
    As always, there's more to the story than we know.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X