• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Big signing today.

Ian Herring signed with IUP.

He's a 6'6" slick shooting guard from The Kiski School. Good deep shot and gets to the rim. Also a strong defender.

IUP beat out Cal (among others) for him.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-12-2024, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Boy...To read you guys posts you'd think Tomiwa was relegated to the deep bench playing little more than mop-up duty! He's not. He averaged 18 1/2 minutes per game and got the starting nod in eight games including the last two of the season. The starting five has two players graduating so I'd say he has a better than even chance at starting for them next season should he chose to stay.
    Hard to say. That program lives and dies with transfers. The next batch is already in the works. He did get some starts due to injuries.

From what I've been told, it's not just a minutes thing with Tomiwa. He apparently just doesn't really like it there.

Like I said, if he doesn't graduate this semester, this discussion doesn't matter regardless. He's obviously already used his free transfer so he can only come back as a graduate student.

If I was betting, I'd say there's a 50/50 shot he'll be back in Indiana.

His return would be fantastic but this could be the carrot dangling in front of the rabbit.

There are some others with probably much higher probability. One, if true, will shock everybody -- in a McCoy joining the Hatfields kind of way.

I suspect Joe is wrapping his season-ending player sit-downs, and some will be told it's time to move along. We should see a couple names hit the portal this week. He has a good bit of salary cap space available to shop with this off-season so it should be exciting.

For the love of God, however, please only sign guys who have already redshirted. Joe would get a starter from Duke and somehow justify slapping a redshirt on him.

He took his beatings this year. I think they will bounce back pretty big.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tomiwa played just 16 minutes. That's not going to fly with him.

It's time to come home and be a star again.
    Boy...To read you guys posts you'd think Tomiwa was relegated to the deep bench playing little more than mop-up duty! He's not. He averaged 18 1/2 minutes per game and got the starting nod in eight games including the last two of the season. The starting five has two players graduating so I'd say he has a better than even chance at starting for them next season should he chose to stay.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Just 16 minutes and zero points. He has to see that he’s not really figuring into their plans as anything more than a 6th or 7th man and serving that role for a team in the CAA isn’t the same as doing it for someone in a Power 5. There are SO many kids riding pine in D1 that would be very good DII players.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Towson lost. Season over. Come home Tomiwa!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Saraj Ali (formerly of Mansfield) is probably worth checking out.

He was PSAC Freshman of the Year in '22-'23 and was 2nd Team All-East this season.

He's a 6'5" small forward. Very athletic. Fast. Runs the floor well and has good hands. Tough rebounder and defender.

Not an outsider shooter (just 5 of 15 this year) but provides an instant upgrade at IUP's most troublesome position. He's very strong around the basket and requires attention from the other team. Proven scorer in the PSAC.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    Towson lost. Season over. Come home Tomiwa!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

I think at one point in time the Tomiwa rumor had some legs.

As you said, he's playing much more the past several weeks so who knows.

He was quite the celebrity on the IUP campus and I think he really enjoyed that aspect. If he does come back he'll be the BMOC and play 38 mpg.

The other one you mention just may happen.

Both would be fantastic. However getting one would be just fine, too.

There are some crazy rumors floating (one in particular that I've now heard from three different, unrelated people). It would be a blockbuster.

As always, this is the fun part. It's all gossip at the end of the day. Some will turn out to be true. Some won't.
    I’m certainly rooting for the blockbuster, the twin towers, or anything in between that improves the roster. It’s killing me not to have to arrange my work schedule around the regional, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Not that I’ve heard yet but others here have a better handle on that.

On the potential incoming players front, I know there are hints or hope that Tomiwa may return to IUP but I’m not so sure. His minutes and productivity have increased at Towson so he’s settling in, and now they’re one win away from playing in the NCAA Tournament. If they beat Charleston tonight, they get the automatic bid. I think the odds are better that he might consider leaving if Towson loses tonight. They’ve already beaten Charleston once so it’s possible.

The other big name being floated is a more likely candidate from a basketball perspective as he’s not getting many minutes and hasn’t been terribly productive at his new D1 home. Of course there’s more to it than just what’s happening on the court. How much does a kid like being at the school? What’s the graduation situation look like? In Tomiwa’s situation at least he’d have a couple years worth of credits at IUP to come back to, assuming he cares about that. The other kid would risk being in no man’s land academically with a few credits from two prior schools.
    I think at one point in time the Tomiwa rumor had some legs.

As you said, he's playing much more the past several weeks so who knows.

He was quite the celebrity on the IUP campus and I think he really enjoyed that aspect. If he does come back he'll be the BMOC and play 38 mpg.

The other one you mention just may happen.

Both would be fantastic. However getting one would be just fine, too.

There are some crazy rumors floating (one in particular that I've now heard from three different, unrelated people). It would be a blockbuster.

As always, this is the fun part. It's all gossip at the end of the day. Some will turn out to be true. Some won't.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    Tonight is not the final of the CAA tournament, only the semifinal. They would have to win tonight and tmrw night to get the automatic bid. Charleston has won 11 or 12 in a row with Bryce Butler (West Liberty transfer) coming off the bench. Good luck with that Towson.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

On the potential incoming players front, I know there are hints or hope that Tomiwa may return to IUP but I’m not so sure. His minutes and productivity have increased at Towson so he’s settling in, and now they’re one win away from playing in the NCAA Tournament. If they beat Charleston tonight, they get the automatic bid. I think the odds are better that he might consider leaving if Towson loses tonight. They’ve already beaten Charleston once so it’s possible.

The other big name being floated is a more likely candidate from a basketball perspective as he’s not getting many minutes and hasn’t been terribly productive at his new D1 home. Of course there’s more to it than just what’s happening on the court. How much does a kid like being at the school? What’s the graduation situation look like? In Tomiwa’s situation at least he’d have a couple years worth of credits at IUP to come back to, assuming he cares about that. The other kid would risk being in no man’s land academically with a few credits from two prior schools.
    If Tomiwa doesn't graduate this year it's all a moot point. He can only come back as a grad transfer.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Anybody hitting the portal????

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Hopefully a couple. Need some addition by subtraction.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    The last time Gannon hosted Championship Sunday, the Knights hit a DEEP walk-off three-pointer to defeat IUP. That was an awful ride back to Indiana.

A week later, Gannon was upset by Slippery Rock (a team they had blasted three times). IUP went on to win the Regional and eventually lose in the National Final.

Talk about a deep West that year.
    LIT AF won.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X