Clear All

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    ITs available on the westmoreland network, looks like bull****, though you can't see exactly what happened - at most they bumped chests and talked crap - Seton Hill was equally at fault, and no one ejected on their side as far as I can tell. Flickanger had no idea what happened. If I were Joe I'd appeal - not that it would work. Its at about 1:21:30 https://www.meridix.com/event/132017

You can see it all starts on the loose ball tie-up. Hutton definitely shouldered the SH point guard. Then Blake got involved when the PG made a fist. The other SH player appeared to inadvertently run in to Glover and then Blondin got involved.

Glover's first technical is harder to see. That occurred about two minutes before the main circus broke out.

What a shame to see a season head to the finish like this ...

You get beat you get beat ... but this .....

They've been doing this crap all year, too. They have one real bad instigator that starts almost all of it.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-25-2018, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I don't know exactly when it happened. They didn't know it was broken until they returned to Indiana and he had x-rays.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'm not sure. I assume it's his 'left' as he took the shot with 5 seconds left yesterday. Unless it happened after the shot. I don't know.

The game is not available on the PSAC On Demand -- the only one not available, by the way. Any game with an issue the league won't put up there. Apparently they like to pretend nothing happened.

But, you're correct. They'll get hammered Wednesday night. I'm not even buying tickets. This nonsense finally caught up to them and Anthony is going to sit.

I wouldn't go assuming anything about a postseason invitation at this point.
    ITs available on the westmoreland network, looks like bull****, though you can't see exactly what happened - at most they bumped chests and talked crap - Seton Hill was equally at fault, and no one ejected on their side as far as I can tell. Flickanger had no idea what happened. If I were Joe I'd appeal - not that it would work. Its at about 1:21:30 https://www.meridix.com/event/132017

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    How did Dante break his wrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Offsetting technicals on Glover and a SH player around 7 minutes left.

About two minutes later offsetting technicals on Blake and a SH player. Ten seconds later offsetting technicals on Blondin and Glover.

Nothing physical. All verbal. Anthony got ejected for getting a second Class A technical. By rule, since it happened in the second half, he's out the next game.

Dante broke his wrist.

That's the nutshell version.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
    I think seton hill got into a brawl with west chester earlier in the season. Not a lot of winners over at that basketball program. The coach should have been gone long time ago. IUP season is done if Dante is hurt.

They did get in the melee with West Chester. That said, I'm not a total homer. IUP had this coming. This was like what, the 6th or 7th incident this team has had this year. Now they they're going to pay the price and get shellacked in their own building on Wednesday night.

It sure changes the outlook of tomorrow night's UPJ/Edinboro game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'm not sure. I assume it's his 'left' as he took the shot with 5 seconds left yesterday. Unless it happened after the shot. I don't know.

The game is not available on the PSAC On Demand -- the only one not available, by the way. Any game with an issue the league won't put up there. Apparently they like to pretend nothing happened.

But, you're correct. They'll get hammered Wednesday night. I'm not even buying tickets. This nonsense finally caught up to them and Anthony is going to sit.

I wouldn't go assuming anything about a postseason invitation at this point.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think seton hill got into a brawl with west chester earlier in the season. Not a lot of winners over at that basketball program. The coach should have been gone long time ago. IUP season is done if Dante is hurt.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Dante Lombardi ... broken wrist.
    Left or Right ? With no Glover or Lombardi for the next game, you can forget about the tournament. Will Lombardi be ready for regionals ?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

So .... Wednesday night ... No Dante Lombardi and no Anthony Glover.

Starting 5: Cobo, Willem, Blake, Hutton, Malik. I assume Malik is the PG.

Bench: Jaylen Vaugns and the walk-ons.

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Dante Lombardi ... broken wrist.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It's being referred to as a 'fight' by many. Never saw a fight when nobody touched anybody. Literally.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Rumor has it that Glover will be suspended one game. If that happens, it's an absolute shame and an injustice! Glover did nothing wrong and there is video proof!
    even the pro Seton Hill announcers couldn't figure out what was going on. When do you sit a guy for a game for words, what could possible warrant that ?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X