X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Can't compare it to previous years but thanks to the PSAC app I've watched a ton of PSAC basketball this season and the refs have been terrible. Last night's Edinboro game they kept calling some dubious fouls including a ton of charges. Then when they came out of halftime and very few charging calls even though I didn't notice players adjusting their play.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No biggie ... just find the lost 36ppg on the bench somewhere. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I said it before that Glover being suspended isn't right!!! The PSAC refs especially that hack crew and Commish are a dang joke!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tell you what ... I finally found the first technical on Glover.

What a tragedy.

Compared to what else I've seen this year ... the Edinboro games ... the Slippery Rock stuff.

To throw out a double technical for that (Glover and SH) ... give me a freaking break. Watch it for yourself. It's on the video at approximately the 1:17 mark. The SH player starts walking toward Glover and Willem steps in between them. That was it.

That's simply a case of jabroni referees wanting to feel too important. These clowns want to be a part of the outcome. Those three idiots didn't call a thing all day and then turned in to Robocop in the final 7 minutes.

The second one ... that whole sequence isn't all visible on camera. Some of it is.

What an embarrassment to the league. No wonder nobody watches this stuff.

Don't get me wrong. You do the crime you do the time. Anthony Glover is doing the time for no crime.

IT IS AMAZING THEY CANNOT REVIEW THAT SEQUENCE. I had to watch it five times.

I'd rather see IUP just say F it and not play Wednesday out of protest.

Shame on the PSAC. One of your best and most-respected student-athletes -- on and off the court -- and you let him get screwed like that. There is no way in the world that was a Class A Technical Foul.

My last comment on the topic. Anthony is one of the best young men to come through this league in a long time. Total Travesty. The best part is the video exists. The PSAC doesn't control it so they can't hide it. Plain as day.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Flip a coin, either match up can cause trouble in different ways. As far as the Gazette saying Daunte's is out, don't necisarrily buy into that. All Tony heard is the word "broke." He could be taped up and used in a sparingly way. If all he can do is dribble and pass then that is better than Benton. He obviously thought he could play Saturday so why not Wednesday! (Wishful thinking)

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

If I were IUP, I would prefer to see Edinboro. They have very little after Liggins, Mason, and Coleman. That said, those three are a handful and can score in bunches, but a team like IUP that will really lack depth would prefer to stop three guys compared to a team like UPJ. Staunch will be no match for Diaz.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I don't know how he even took that last shot with a broken wrist. Adrenaline, I suppose. It would, however, lead you to believe it's not a severe break. If it was, he wouldn't have even been able to dribble. The Gazette said he was out. He was on and off the floor so much Saturday it's hard to pinpoint when it happened. That game was basically a WWE match. Blake is your new shooting guard.

If I had to pick the opponent I'd probably lean more toward UPJ. They rely on the trey a lot and there's always the chance you catch them on the rare off night -- much like SRU did two weeks ago. They also play a short rotation so there's at least the chance somebody could get in early foul trouble. But, IUP has 35 points and its two 'floor stretchers' out of its lineup. Not sure how they make that up.

Edinboro would just cause them far too many problems. If they were to play man you'd have Blake being forced to guard one of those big, fast guards. No chance. The only advantage to an Edinboro match-up is their defense is non-existent. Malik could really attack the rim against them.

Just to have that punchers chance they'll have to keep the game in the 50s or low 60s. Make it the Malik and Cobo show and the others chip in where they can.

I'm interested to see the offense. You aren't going to see the typical IUP performance jacking up 35-40 treys. That's the only card they hold right now ... little element of surprise. Cobo can take a game over. I think they're a heavy dog regardless of who they play but it will at least be interesting to watch it unfold. Jalen Vaughns is the big wild card. I wouldn't be surprise if Vaughns starts and Blake is the 6th man. Blake is very foul prone and they'll need to buy him some time.

Cobo, Willem, Malik and Hutton best carb load. They're probably going 38-40 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    What if Daunte plays??? Food for thought...
    We don't know how bad the break is, but the paper said it was his right hand, so I doubt he will play, if he does, he will be limited.

The morning radio guys were joking that Jack Benedict - the announcer - might play - I guess he was good in back in the day of the two handed set shot, and the underhanded free throw.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

What if Daunte plays??? Food for thought...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Lost in yesterday's debacle ... On a positive note the ladies are 25-2 and in a great position to host the PSAC Finals this weekend.

Tom gets the winner of Gannon at Seton Hill on Wednesday.

The other side of the bracket is much more difficult ... Edinboro, Cal and West Chester are on that side.

It's their show now.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't think it matters much who they play on Wednesday but whom would you rather play?
    I agree, It doesn't matter much. If they go slow zone, I think Liggetts hurts you more than Vescovi, Edinboro's back court isn't very good. so ? depends

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

That's the lineup. No other choice. Vaughns is 6th man. Benton will come in to give some quick breathers.

I also don't think he'd burn the redshirt but it has happened in the past. Pitt had to do it and the kid beat Miami. I'm sure it's at least being discussed today.

If they get another game after Wednesday (big if) ... I suppose Anthony goes to PG and Malik starts. Blake and Vaughns come off bench.

I don't think it matters much who they play on Wednesday but whom would you rather play?

Cobo and Malik will have to go nuts and the rest will have to chip in some. They can get some offense out of Vaughns. He can play. Joe has to play him now. Willem and Blake need to have their best games of the year. Hutton, too.

I agree about the pace. Slow it down and try to keep the game in the 50s. The only thing ... literally ... IUP has going for it Wednesday is a little element of surprise ... as I'm sure IUP doesn't even know the strategy yet. With Blake, Willem and Cobo playing together they will have a very big lineup out there. They'll have to play zone the whole game and see what happens.

If they can stay out of foul trouble they may be able to hang around for a bit. Malik should have been starting anyway in my opinion. It's his show now. My guess is you see a lot of Malik driving the lane as that's his strength. The offense will likely be him driving it and if can get to the rim take the shot or dump to Cobo/Willem. His driving should also get Blake some open looks from outside.

Gotta play the hand you're dealt.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Joe can pull a Pat Narduzzi and burn Armoni Foster's redshirt.

It happens in extreme situations. This certainly qualifies.
    I hope not. I suppose he could start Diaz, Danielak Willem, Malik and hutton and really slow it down. Old time BB. maybe get a once in a lifetime Defensive performance by Benton.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Joe can pull a Pat Narduzzi and burn Armoni Foster's redshirt.

It happens in extreme situations. This certainly qualifies.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

You can see it all starts on the loose ball tie-up. Hutton definitely shouldered the SH point guard. Then Blake got involved when the PG made a fist. The other SH player appeared to inadvertently run in to Glover and then Blondin got involved.

Glover's first technical is harder to see. That occurred about two minutes before the main circus broke out.

What a shame to see a season head to the finish like this ...

You get beat you get beat ... but this .....

They've been doing this crap all year, too. They have one real bad instigator that starts almost all of it.
    I don't think any fancy coaching will get them out of this one. Put in Vaughns and let them play street ball is probably the best bet. Still, how will you feel if you miss their biggest upset win in a long time.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X