X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    As much as I hope otherwise, I just can’t find a realistic path to a win for IUP tonight. I know it’s tournament basketball and upsets happen so there’s always a chance, but I don’t see it with this matchup. For IUP to win it’s going to have to be similar to the game in Indiana where they hung around long enough that they ended up with a chance to win in the final minute. That game never felt close to me but the scoreboard said otherwise deep into the second half. I will say it’s very difficult to beat a team three times but the talent discrepancy from players 1-7 is significant. If IUP does fall, there will be a new PSAC champion for the first time in a long time.
    Yeah this is a very tall task to win in that gym tonight. On paper IUP doesn't have enough. But, that's why they play.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-06-2024, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    As much as I hope otherwise, I just can’t find a realistic path to a win for IUP tonight. I know it’s tournament basketball and upsets happen so there’s always a chance, but I don’t see it with this matchup. For IUP to win it’s going to have to be similar to the game in Indiana where they hung around long enough that they ended up with a chance to win in the final minute. That game never felt close to me but the scoreboard said otherwise deep into the second half. I will say it’s very difficult to beat a team three times but the talent discrepancy from players 1-7 is significant. If IUP does fall, there will be a new PSAC champion for the first time in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It was. Mercyhurst (this year) is custom made for this version of IUP. Joe's team is still pretty tough in a half-court game.

Tomorrow, however, is a different animal. IUP has to survive the runs, and do everything possible to dictate the pace. Joe is at a major disadvantage with his short bench. So, they really need to be careful.

IUP just needs to relax. Nobody expects them to win up there. Teams playing with house money can be dangerous.
    Tourney ball a team is as good as their last game. Even though Hurst was down this year they are still Hurst and I UP should be commended for their victory.

As the saying goes, you got to be in it to win it. IUP will have a punchers chance vs Gannon. Couple of your guys get hot and a couple of Gannon's have poor games and who knows. They may just pull an upset!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Great game. Well played all.
    It was. Mercyhurst (this year) is custom made for this version of IUP. Joe's team is still pretty tough in a half-court game.

Tomorrow, however, is a different animal. IUP has to survive the runs, and do everything possible to dictate the pace. Joe is at a major disadvantage with his short bench. So, they really need to be careful.

IUP just needs to relax. Nobody expects them to win up there. Teams playing with house money can be dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    This scenario has happened to IUP in the past. Back in 2001 IUP was swept by Cal and then went down there and hammered the Vulcans in the conference tournament.

It's not impossible. IUP is playing with house money. All the pressure is on the home team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Last night was fun and a great final game for many at the KCAC ... but, the celebration is over. They have to really dial in for tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by PennYork View Post

You watched the game? There weren't any puppies for you to kick or cookies to steal from girl scouts?
    Coming from a fair weather fan!

Leave a comment:

• PennYork
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Best game of the year. Garvin could actually be a PG because others contributed. Offense looked good and defense wasn't bad even with the couple bad mismatches.
    You watched the game? There weren't any puppies for you to kick or cookies to steal from girl scouts?

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Best game of the year. Garvin could actually be a PG because others contributed. Offense looked good and defense wasn't bad even with the couple bad mismatches.
    I thought Stewart had his best game in a very long time. Petteno was solid. KJ also had maybe his best all-around game of his career. Bryce made some big shots and EP obviously stole the show.

They had Mercyhurst guessing the whole night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Great game for the guys tonight. I’m mostly happy for Ethan to leave the floor after playing a great game and with a win in his final game at the KCAC. Pretty good night for Radford too and even KJ had some moments in their last ever home game. This might have been the best all around team effort we’ve seen this year, or at least in the top three. Even if that’s as far as it goes, at least for one night it felt like what we’re used to in Indiana.
    For a night anyway it felt like old times. Smallish but very energetic crowd.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Great game for the guys tonight. I’m mostly happy for Ethan to leave the floor after playing a great game and with a win in his final game at the KCAC. Pretty good night for Radford too and even KJ had some moments in their last ever home game. This might have been the best all around team effort we’ve seen this year, or at least in the top three. Even if that’s as far as it goes, at least for one night it felt like what we’re used to in Indiana.
    Best game this year. It was nice to see.

They smothered Mercyhurst. Ethan caught fire in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Some interesting comments by Joe and Ethan in the Gazette today.

Regardless, hopefully they at least get some humans in the building tonight. I have a feeling there will be plenty of good seats available. Put it that way.

I know a lot of people who are not going tonight (regulars) but are instead going Wednesday for the (likely) IUP vs Cal game (ladies).
    I fall into this group, although I’m away for work until tomorrow night anyway so I couldn’t make the men’s game anyway.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X