X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    1) I won't comment on GQ and his mini me.
    2) Only explanation for KJ playing so much is that Joe wanted to lose that game to get his troops refocused. That is the only explanation. Every Hurst run involved KJ on the floor. Losing to Hurst today doesn't hurt the team in any way.
    3) They have to get Ethan healthier than he is. He's only like 60% of himself.
    4) I've been saying for weeks that they need to start shooting better. It was worse today. Can't remember the last Joe team to be below 30%
    5) The team let their frustrations show late in the game. Have to stay focused.
    No. No. No.

Joe only played Police 2 minutes and Brooks 4 minutes so he could have them fresh for Clarion this Saturday.

Six combined minutes for two of the best athletes on the team.

So, either they are in the dog house, or Joe really was saving them for Clarion. They both should be highly upset.

There is not another possible explanation. None.

Gary smashed him tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    1) I won't comment on GQ and his mini me.
    2) Only explanation for KJ playing so much is that Joe wanted to lose that game to get his troops refocused. That is the only explanation. Every Hurst run involved KJ on the floor. Losing to Hurst today doesn't hurt the team in any way.
    3) They have to get Ethan healthier than he is. He's only like 60% of himself.
    4) I've been saying for weeks that they need to start shooting better. It was worse today. Can't remember the last Joe team to be below 30%
    5) The team let their frustrations show late in the game. Have to stay focused.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Tomiwa goes to the line with a chance to tie it, misses both. Hurst hits a 3. KJ misses the layup, Hurst converts off an offensive rebound. Dagger sequence. In that, gym against that team a seven point deficit with that much time left is pretty much ballgame.

Disappointing, but we all figured they’d probably lose one and this was the likely spot.
    I remember thinking even before that sequence unfolded how important those two free throws were.

I struggle to say I “wanted” them to lose, but I’m always in favor of a humbling experience. When the loss came, I didn’t want it to be a heartbreaker. They were not the better team tonight. Losing gives them a good excuse to “go back to the lab,” refocus, and lock in for a stretch run. Losing the way they did shows them they actually can lose and are imperfect much like everyone else. That’s a good thing for them to know and understand.

Now they can play to win with their goals in front of them, rather than worrying about simply not losing.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    **** Mercyhurst.
    Good program with a good coach. Nothing ever fluky about them. Deserving winners tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

That was a huge missed layup. Still had 8 to play at the time, but that’s a massive miss.
    Tomiwa goes to the line with a chance to tie it, misses both. Hurst hits a 3. KJ misses the layup, Hurst converts off an offensive rebound. Dagger sequence. In that, gym against that team a seven point deficit with that much time left is pretty much ballgame.

Disappointing, but we all figured they’d probably lose one and this was the likely spot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    **** Mercyhurst.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Why KJ instead of Polce? Or even Stewart?

They couldn’t get going the entire night. Think playing Saturday versus Mercyhurst having a bye made a difference. But credit to them, Ajayi and Planutis were great.
    Agreed. Mercyhurst looked pretty fresh. You could tell IUP was at the end of a tough stretch. Still have another tough game on Wednesday.

They just couldn’t get going in any capacity. But that said, if they were to lose, I would rather it be like that. Wash it off and move on. There was no doubt who the deserving winner was tonight. Good opportunity for them to refocus now that they actually do have a loss on their schedule.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Not even getting in to Joe's rotations tonight

Great game by Mercyhurst. They earned it.
    Why KJ instead of Polce? Or even Stewart?

They couldn’t get going the entire night. Think playing Saturday versus Mercyhurst having a bye made a difference. But credit to them, Ajayi and Planutis were great.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not even getting in to Joe's rotations tonight

Great game by Mercyhurst. They earned it.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    I can't take KJ playing in this game

Why

Why

Why
    That was a huge missed layup. Still had 8 to play at the time, but that’s a massive miss.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I can't take KJ playing in this game

Why

Why

Why

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP down two at half but won't be shooting in to the student section in the second ... Should be OK

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    In case you missed it ...

Brooks turned in his freshman card today. He was front and center in the 33 tussle.

As John Kreese says ... No Mercy

He's arrived

Work in progress, sure, but, he's arrived.

I can't even imagine him in two years as a junior.
    You may not have to.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    In case you missed it ...

Brooks turned in his freshman card today. He was front and center in the 33 tussle.

As John Kreese says ... No Mercy

He's arrived

Work in progress, sure, but, he's arrived.

I can't even imagine him in two years as a junior.
    Oh yes, he made that lay up in Kent’s face and Kent lost it!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

My wife actually made the comparison to the Mercyhurst kid. I can't remember his name. He hit the corner trey to beat IUP 4 years ago. He literally never moved from his spot and Dante left him wide open.
    YMCA boy!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X