Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Something of note entering Wednesday is SH's promising sophomore forward (Gabe Gillespie) hasn't played since Dec. 30. Not sure what the deal is there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I do think it's time to take the diapers off Jaylen Stewart. He could easily be a 15+ PPG scorer. Let that boy eat. This season is what it is. Let Stewart and Garvin go nuts, Ethan clean up and Bryce get the rest. Joe's coaching in a fog. Petteno also needs to play more. Give him a chance.

The fun in the sun ended tonight. Big week looming. The trip to Greensburg won't be easy. Second Chance U comes here next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    He must really not like Brooks. For his sake, I hope he hits the portal to find a place that will give him an opportunity.
    Damir could have dominated that game today. They paid so much attention to Ethan that he could have went nuts.

Amazingly, Joe could still have a pretty good team.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-21-2024, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    He must really not like Brooks. For his sake, I hope he hits the portal to find a place that will give him an opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Brooks, Prtteno and Waldo should go on strike. Joe is embarrassing himself with this nepotism.

If he doesn't care about anything other than keeping friends happy it's time to retire.
    What about Lambert too? That kid looks great out there every time he’s on the floor. We could go on and on I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I'm sick and tired of watching 5 on 4 basketball. GET KJ OFF THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!
    Brooks, Prtteno and Waldo should go on strike. Joe is embarrassing himself with this nepotism.

If he doesn't care about anything other than keeping friends happy it's time to retire.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Petteno and Brooks play they win by 40

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Relatively easy win for IUP. Other than being slow out of the gate and falling down 7-0, they were in control once they grabbed the lead. What a strange season in the PSAC.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Garvin 30

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Beauty of the point spread. You don't have to agree. You just need to be on the right side of it when the dollars fly. Lol

My actual reasoning:

1) Petteno may miss again today. Joe beat the only team he could playing 5 on 4 -- and barely. While not a great offensive player, Petteno gives them a strong defender and a physical presence. He agitates other players.

2) Edinboro has strong bigs. Also, 7-footers (including this one) have given EP fits in the past. Edinboro has a huge edge at the SF position (no matter who Joe plays but especially against KJ).

3. Edinboro is deeper. Never thought I'd say that. Joe has been refusing to play Brooks and Lambert. That has left his bench incredibly short (and not that good). It didn't matter against UPJ because they are the same way and that was basically 6 on 6.

4. IUP has looked VERY unprepared in its past several games. They are facing a younger, hungry coach - and a team suddenly playing with confidence.

5. I don't judge Edinboro's overall record. They were a brand new team in November under a new coach and system. That takes time. They are drastically better since around mid-December. They also gave ESU and Gannon pretty good games. Admittedly, Garvin didn't play against ESU and it was Bryce's first game.

As always, I hope I'm wrong. I do agree IUP is due for a much better performance. Gambling is trends. I just think Edinboro is trending a little better at the moment. It's a tight spread regardless which team gets the 2.5. One possession game in my opinion.

And, just maybe IUP won't like being a home dog. They all read this crap lol.
    I didn’t know Petteno would be out again. That’s one less body for an already depleted group.

Those are a lot of good reasons to pick against IUP. I’m being a little less scientific and going with, “They’re due to play well.” There should be some students in the building today as well so the atmosphere should be a little better. The yokels should show up too. What in the hell else are you going to do on a 17 degree day in January?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

What is the reasoning behind Joe being a home dog? It seems to me that Edinboro is worse than IUP despite being competitive, and, the Hawks have won their last six games at the KCAC. The Scots are just 2-6 on the road but they did get a nice win at Hurst last time out.

I give IUP the slight edge in this one at -3.5. I’m also considering IUP’s schizophrenic play. They were awful the other night so I expect them to be way better today.
    Beauty of the point spread. You don't have to agree. You just need to be on the right side of it when the dollars fly. Lol

My actual reasoning:

1) Petteno may miss again today. Joe beat the only team he could playing 5 on 4 -- and barely. While not a great offensive player, Petteno gives them a strong defender and a physical presence. He agitates other players.

2) Edinboro has strong bigs. Also, 7-footers (including this one) have given EP fits in the past. Edinboro has a huge edge at the SF position (no matter who Joe plays but especially against KJ).

3. Edinboro is deeper. Never thought I'd say that. Joe has been refusing to play Brooks and Lambert. That has left his bench incredibly short (and not that good). It didn't matter against UPJ because they are the same way and that was basically 6 on 6.

4. IUP has looked VERY unprepared in its past several games. They are facing a younger, hungry coach - and a team suddenly playing with confidence.

5. I don't judge Edinboro's overall record. They were a brand new team in November under a new coach and system. That takes time. They are drastically better since around mid-December. They also gave ESU and Gannon pretty good games. Admittedly, Garvin didn't play against ESU and it was Bryce's first game.

As always, I hope I'm wrong. I do agree IUP is due for a much better performance. Gambling is trends. I just think Edinboro is trending a little better at the moment. It's a tight spread regardless which team gets the 2.5. One possession game in my opinion.

And, just maybe IUP won't like being a home dog. They all read this crap lol.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    It will be very cold in Indiana tomorrow (high 17) but no snow. So, it would appear they will play.

Both games should be pretty good.

I'd peg Carey at -5.5 and I have Joe as a +2.5 home dog.
    What is the reasoning behind Joe being a home dog? It seems to me that Edinboro is worse than IUP despite being competitive, and, the Hawks have won their last six games at the KCAC. The Scots are just 2-6 on the road but they did get a nice win at Hurst last time out.

I give IUP the slight edge in this one at -3.5. I’m also considering IUP’s schizophrenic play. They were awful the other night so I expect them to be way better today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It will be very cold in Indiana tomorrow (high 17) but no snow. So, it would appear they will play.

Both games should be pretty good.

I'd peg Carey at -5.5 and I have Joe as a +2.5 home dog.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I know in the post game, Joe claims UPJ did a great job taking Ethan out of the game. Well, it's pretty easy to take a player out of the game when you don't even try to get that player the ball around the rim.

KJ's stat line looks great on paper but let's be honest, most of that stat line was a fluke and doesn't portray how bad he was on defense.

I didn't think Stewart played 31 minutes. It sure didn't fee he was on the court that much.

Bryce will always be a liability on D but he sure can shoot when he gets open looks.

IUP is going to be in a lot of trouble with teams they usually smoke. Their D will get no better with Bryce, KJ and Ethan (playing heavy minutes) on the floor for extended periods.
    Rukavina said in the paper they doubled Ethan the whole game - hence literally not guarding KJ.

While Petteno has had his struggles, you couldn't flat out ignore him like they did last night.

I think IUP will blast them at the KCAC (assuming Petteno is back). Seems every time IUP goes to Johnstown they are always missing a key player (or several like last night). Their double-team worked and it was a great call by Ruk. It just won't be there next time.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X