X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

The Heritage Conference Championship is tonight at the KCAC. The boys' game is Saltsburg vs. Ligonier Valley.

Just a (strong) guess, but Bravado Joe may have an interest (or two) in this game.

I'd also be willing to bet this game has a bigger gate than any IUP game so far this season (2,350).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Edinboro played a fantastic game in Indiana last month. A lot of close games are just when IUP is off but that was genuinely a tight, very good game. But, I'd agree. If Anderson isn't back it could be a run-away tomorrow. I have no idea on his status but noticed he hasn't played the past several games. He's a nice player. That's a big-time loss for them. Without him taking some pressure of Mason they get a lot easier to defend. It's a shame. They had a nice roster at the beginning of the year ... just got blasted with the injury bug. Mason's a pretty special player. They have decent bigs, too. But, with that small of a rotation any foul trouble spells doom.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    All IUP focus on Edinboro ... only game that matters right now.

LOL ... let's not jinx anything (and remember the end of last season).

We just saw two MEC power teams lose to teams well below .500 last night.
    After seeing edinboro lose to seton hill I give iup a zero percent chance of losing. Mason would have to score 75. To many injuries. Tough year for edinboro men.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

All IUP focus on Edinboro ... only game that matters right now.

LOL ... let's not jinx anything (and remember the end of last season).

We just saw two MEC power teams lose to teams well below .500 last night.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Does anybody want to give a shot at what they think the Region rankings look like right now? Lots happened in the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fairmont
    Iup
    West Liberty
    Shippensburg
    Kutztown
    Wheeling Jesuit
    ESU
    Virginia state

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Does anybody want to give a shot at what they think the Region rankings look like right now? Lots happened in the last week.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The game tonight at UPJ does have a video feed. The IUP site isn't showing it yet but you could get to it from UPJ's site.

The first meeting was a thriller. UPJ is a tough matchup for IUP. They run some things at Joe that others in the West do not. AJ Leahy made some (beyond) NBA range treys in the last meeting to really keep them in it. PG Dale Clancy also hit some real daggers.

For as close as the schools are (40 minutes) you'd think this would have more of a rivalry feel to it but it really doesn't.

The way Joe's team can have a tendency to give up the three ball is an alarm in this game although defensively this team is miles ahead of where it was in early January.

I'd actually expect kind of a pro-IUP crowd up there tonight. UPJ draws awful and IUP will travel decent for this one.

UPJ is 14-6. Two of its losses came to Gannon in very dramatic fashion.

When you look at the remaining schedule, this is the last true roadblock. Win tonight and I think Joe runs the West table undefeated.

But, one step at a time. This is a big one tonight.
    I think the fact that UPJ is a relatively new member of the PSAC after years as an independent and as a member of the old WVIAC has a lot to do with that.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP 84
    UPJ 63

Final

IUP 16-36 on treys and destroyed UPJ on boards ... 13th straight win.

IUP officially won the West Division tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

43-28 IUP at half.

As I always, always say ... being a D2 fan is so difficult. My video is down still.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Nobody say anything about Gannon's stream ever again. Yikes. Has it come back on for anybody yet?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

New award ... UPJ worst feed of all time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Anybody heading up to Johnstown tonight be careful. That area is going to get some real nasty weather starting around 8-10pm. That is a real rough stretch of mountain highway when that stuff hits.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Just an aside... I love how when we all speak about IUP basketball on here we refer to the team, program, and players simply as "Joe." I love it. Lol

Bravado, baby. Bravado. Hope the flock makes the trip.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The game tonight at UPJ does have a video feed. The IUP site isn't showing it yet but you could get to it from UPJ's site.

The first meeting was a thriller. UPJ is a tough matchup for IUP. They run some things at Joe that others in the West do not. AJ Leahy made some (beyond) NBA range treys in the last meeting to really keep them in it. PG Dale Clancy also hit some real daggers.

For as close as the schools are (40 minutes) you'd think this would have more of a rivalry feel to it but it really doesn't.

The way Joe's team can have a tendency to give up the three ball is an alarm in this game although defensively this team is miles ahead of where it was in early January.

I'd actually expect kind of a pro-IUP crowd up there tonight. UPJ draws awful and IUP will travel decent for this one.

UPJ is 14-6. Two of its losses came to Gannon in very dramatic fashion.

When you look at the remaining schedule, this is the last true roadblock. Win tonight and I think Joe runs the West table undefeated.

But, one step at a time. This is a big one tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The win Saturday night gave IUP a season sweep over its three biggest West rivals -- Slippery Rock, Gannon and Mercyhurst. The last time this happened was during the 2009-10 season.

The men's game against Slippery Rock had an announced attendance of 2,369 but seemed much larger. It seems IUP pumped a lot of tickets out around town as a promotion. It worked. The place was buzzing, the bar was packed and the concessions had long lines. That's still about 1,500 less than Gannon drew three years ago (the infamous Silent Night) but it's by far this year's biggest gate. They did something similar for the Fairmont game over break and got about 1,500 (which is pretty good for Dec. 18 all things considered). I still think the games are drastically over-priced which is a big factor in the (steadily) declining numbers the past three years.

Tomorrow night is going to be a tough road trip.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X