• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    How do the same 7 IUP fans who know everything about football, also know everything about basketball? That must be some PE department IUP has?

If you were at the game, you'd have noticed that the gentlemen in striped shirts are a bit intimidated by the used car salesman by day, mafia hitman by night, that rooms the IUP sideline. Despite his boyish looks, he his a great coach, but that team isn't very good at all. I've never seen a game in my life, were the bigs were allowed to play through the backs of the opposing players? Is that because of Joe? Or they don't want to swim with the fishes?

As for Staunch, he did score over 2,000 points in High School. A great win for the Indiana Bears on the road, yet they are still the victims? Win, lose or draw, at least you guys know that the rest of the world has it out for you?
    Oh a tough guy shows up... I was at the game. Do you know sports at all??? IUP was in foul trouble all day, the refs were intimidated by Joe??? You can't be serious. Whats an HPE (Not PE) department have to do with anything? You don't even know what the department is. It's Health and Physical Education which has nothing to do with knowing sports.

Nevermind... talking to this clown is a waste of time!

Leave a comment:

• VoiceOfReason
    replied

The 2 starting big kids played 78 minutes committing a combined 3 fouls, so you can kind of read a box score.....

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP was called for 22 personal fouls. Edinboro was called for 17. Sounds like they were petrified of Joe.

Leave a comment:

• VoiceOfReason
    replied

How do the same 7 IUP fans who know everything about football, also know everything about basketball? That must be some PE department IUP has?

If you were at the game, you'd have noticed that the gentlemen in striped shirts are a bit intimidated by the used car salesman by day, mafia hitman by night, that rooms the IUP sideline. Despite his boyish looks, he his a great coach, but that team isn't very good at all. I've never seen a game in my life, were the bigs were allowed to play through the backs of the opposing players? Is that because of Joe? Or they don't want to swim with the fishes?

As for Staunch, he did score over 2,000 points in High School. A great win for the Indiana Bears on the road, yet they are still the victims? Win, lose or draw, at least you guys know that the rest of the world has it out for you?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

He went in the IUP huddle twice like a tough guy prior to the Dante situation.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Sure but in this case he appeared to be the instigator. I went back and they said the same thing on the broadcast. He mouthed off to Staunch and must have said something to push Staunch over the edge. I don't recall Staunch being a hot head on the football field so I don't think it would have escalated much.

Also, another bit of evidence against Staunch being a hired goon is that he has just 18 fouls in 12 games. Goons accumulate fouls like their type rack up penalty minutes in hockey. Staunch is a good reserve who plays physically.
    Come on, you're going to believe what those two guys broadcasting were saying??? They couldn't get players names right, don't know what a baseline is and repeatedly made other mistakes. Seriously, those guys were homers and couldn't hear a darn thing that was being said on that court!!!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Sure but in this case he appeared to be the instigator. I went back and they said the same thing on the broadcast. He mouthed off to Staunch and must have said something to push Staunch over the edge. I don't recall Staunch being a hot head on the football field so I don't think it would have escalated much.

Also, another bit of evidence against Staunch being a hired goon is that he has just 18 fouls in 12 games. Goons accumulate fouls like their type rack up penalty minutes in hockey. Staunch is a good reserve who plays physically.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

On to Cal this Wednesday night. Not sure what to expect. Cal got swept at Seton Hill yesterday.

The Cal women have been battling some injuries. The men ... I expect another close game ... at least for the first 30 minutes. This IUP team seems to love the drama.

They should get to finally catch their breath after Cal with Clarion at home this Saturday night.

Rock, ESU and Boro in one week is an awfully difficult 6 days.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    First, Dante isn't 5'9. He's listed at 6'0 and that's not being generous. He's always been listed at 6'0.

Second, Staunch isn't a goon without any basketball skill. He scored over 2,000 points in high school. Sure he plays physically but how is that different from a similarly sized former Boro player Darren Tielsch? If he were 6'5 200 his style of play would be a compliment.

Dante is a trash talker. He's a bit cocky. He's also very good. Doesn't matter his size you're going to piss off players of all sizes with his mouth and attitude.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied

First, Dante isn't 5'9. He's listed at 6'0 and that's not being generous. He's always been listed at 6'0.

Second, Staunch isn't a goon without any basketball skill. He scored over 2,000 points in high school. Sure he plays physically but how is that different from a similarly sized former Boro player Dustin Tielsch? If he were 6'5 200 his style of play would be a compliment.

Dante is a trash talker. He's a bit cocky. He's also very good. Doesn't matter his size you're going to piss off players of all sizes with his mouth and attitude.
    Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 01-13-2018, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I know.

But ... one game at a time.

And, the IUP teams whom lead to that 'big game debacle' rep ... would have lost today.

Edinboro is real good. We may see them 2-3 more times.

But .. getting one in their building is huge.

On to the Viet Mon.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Enough about Bravado Joe ... how about Tom?

Huge road win today. Tom is 15-0.

With the obvious Boro loss and the Cal loss ... Tom opens up a two-game lead.

Up next: the AngeloDome on Wednesday.
    Okay, that was part one with a nice win today. But now Irish Tom and his charges have to beat an angry Cal team on Wed. nite to avoid "the same old story" file.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Enough about Bravado Joe ... how about Tom?

Huge road win today. Tom is 15-0.

With the obvious Boro loss and the Cal loss ... Tom opens up a two-game lead.

Up next: the AngeloDome on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Second, Staunch isn't a goon without any basketball skill. He scored over 2,000 points in high school. Sure he plays physically but how is that different from a similarly sized former Boro player Dustin Tielsch? If he were 6'5 200 his style of play would be a compliment.

I walked right by Dante last summer in the MFH. I was shocked at how small he was. I'm about 6-1 and I don't think he was six. He is very thin and small-framed. Not sure how tall he is. Taller than 5-9. Maybe 5-10/5-11?? Not a large guy. But his father is a pretty big dude.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'll give Dante one thing.

And, it's a big thing.

He's got ice in the veins. Horrible game today ... and hits the walk-off.

I always say .. you have to beat Joe for a full 40 minutes. They don't stop coming. For all this teams shortcomings ... they don't stop.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-13-2018, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X