• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Warrior Voice probably had his trolling posts already typed out before the game was over too.

Pity.

The ladies are a buzzsaw it seems. Hope they keep that up. I saw the news report on WTAE online. Seee...who said the Yinzerburgh media was all anti IUP.
    Wrong again...You should have logged on for the live call...

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Were Malik’s TOs tonight forced or unforced? He travels way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd say almost 50/50...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Big sigh of relief getting through this 2-1. They need to play some lighter teams. They’re ready for that.

Big road win for that old SOS.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Big sigh of relief getting through this 2-1. They need to play some lighter teams. They’re ready for that.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    24 TO and 69% FT

Malik cannot have 9 TOs. It just cannot happen.

Granted, 14 TOs came in the first 20 minutes and then the other 10 in the next 25 minutes so they did calm down some.

Yes. That was a brutal 3-game road trip.

Bring on the Boro.

Were Malik’s TOs tonight forced or unforced? He travels way too much.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Yeah, too many. I’m more concerned about the FT percentage. You have to at least be 75% or higher down the stretch, especially since the ball should be in the hands of the best shooters.

I was only able to watch overtime tonight, but the FT issue is concerning. It’s not like it was Willem at the line missing them.. Armoni, Cobo, Dante.. guys who are shooters. Not being overly critical, but they need to knock them down.

Missing the front end of a 1 and 1 essentially cost IUP beating West Liberty in regulation of that 3OT loss in the NCAA tournament on that same floor a few years ago. They were up 3 with 30 seconds to go. Marcel missed the front end and 5 seconds later Shawn Dyer drilled a 3 pointer to tie the game. What seemed like an hour later, West Liberty prevailed in 3OT.

Gotta hit your free throws.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Iup basketball

It was a gutsy win. That’s a really difficult place to play, and a 19 game home winning streak proves that.

Toward the end of regulation I was about to come on here and say this IUP team’s biggest weakness is toughness, but I’m glad I didn’t. Everything is in front of this team now. Still a lot to work on, but this was a huge win.

I think they’ve axed that reputation of being “soft.” We talked at length about it last year. I think there’s more depth this year and more quality depth at that. Practices are probably more competitive and these guys are pushing each other.

I think last year’s team was soft. I think the last few have been. This one keeps coming. They’re a tough team to beat. You have to beat Joe for all 40 minutes, even if you control most of the night. Mercyhurst found that out the hard way. So did East Stroud tonight. SRU almost did. This is a good team. There’s some things to work on, but the makings are there.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    24 TO and 69% FT

Granted, 14 TOs came in the first 20 minutes and then the other 10 in the next 25 minutes so they did calm down some.
    Yeah, too many. I’m more concerned about the FT percentage. You have to at least be 75% or higher down the stretch, especially since the ball should be in the hands of the best shooters.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I think you expect a few more turnovers against a team like ESU, but it’s still too many. This was a really tough road trip to emerge 2-1 from though.

24 TO and 69% FT

Yes. That was a brutal 3-game road trip.

Bring on the Boro.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    With as many turnovers and missed free-throws as IUP had.... The fact they won actually baffles me... I hope Joe can wave his magic wand and fix all the turnovers- it’s just crazy at this point!
    I think you expect a few more turnovers against a team like ESU, but it’s still too many. This was a really tough road trip to emerge 2-1 from though.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied

With as many turnovers and missed free-throws as IUP had.... The fact they won actually baffles me... I hope Joe can wave his magic wand and fix all the turnovers- it’s just crazy at this point!

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    I literally have no idea how they won.

Some many great things. So many awful things.

My oh my.
    It was a gutsy win. That’s a really difficult place to play, and a 19 game home winning streak proves that.

Toward the end of regulation I was about to come on here and say this IUP team’s biggest weakness is toughness, but I’m glad I didn’t. Everything is in front of this team now. Still a lot to work on, but this was a huge win.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Iup basketball

IUP 98
    ESU 97

Final (OT)

Warrior Voice probably had his trolling posts already typed out before the game was over too.

Pity.

The ladies are a buzzsaw it seems. Hope they keep that up. I saw the news report on WTAE online. Seee...who said the Yinzerburgh media was all anti IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

ESU is a tough bunch. Respect earned.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I literally have no idea how they won.

So many great things. So many awful things.

My oh my.

Dante 33 points
    Cobo 28

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X