X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not sure how the "player pass" works. I assume each player probably gets 2-4 tickets.
    Two

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not sure how the "player pass" works. I assume each player probably gets 2-4 tickets.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Quite a coincidence, huh?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Amazing how the policy kicks into effect the day they are suppose to play IUP knowing they were bringing a crowd.
    Quite a coincidence, huh?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Mercyhurst just announced that the only fans allowed will be required to be on the "player pass list" and that previously purchased tickets or season tickets can be refunded.

Wow. Here we go again.
    Amazing how the policy kicks into effect the day they are suppose to play IUP knowing they were bringing a crowd.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I did presale for my tickets because I heard that about Hurst 3 weeks ago. I'm ready to roll!
    Mercyhurst just announced that the only fans allowed will be required to be on the "player pass list" and that previously purchased tickets or season tickets can be refunded.

Wow. Here we go again.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The men's game against Slippery Rock, originally scheduled for tonight, has been moved to next Monday (1/17).

As of now, IUP's game Saturday against Gannon is still on for 3 p.m. IUP has asked Gannon, however, to move the women's game to Sunday.

Not an easy break for Tom after taking two weeks off.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

One thing to keep in mind ... I put on the the first couple minutes of the Clarion/Mercy game at lunch. The broadcaster said Mercyhurst is limiting attendance in order to combat Covid. They have the seating pushed in behind the benches. So, get there early. As you said that place is small to begin with now.

First time I noticed, too, Mercyhurst is starting (4) guards and only playing Cam Gross (6'5") underneath. That's quite a contrast to some of the gigantic Lakers' lineups of the past.
    I did presale for my tickets because I heard that about Hurst 3 weeks ago. I'm ready to roll!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'll say this, IUP should have a large crowd on Wednesday. With David, Armoni and Ethan on the squad it should fill quite a few seats!

One thing to keep in mind ... I put on the the first couple minutes of the Clarion/Mercy game at lunch. The broadcaster said Mercyhurst is limiting attendance in order to combat Covid. They have the seating pushed in behind the benches. So, get there early. As you said that place is small to begin with now.

First time I noticed, too, Mercyhurst is starting (4) guards and only playing Cam Gross (6'5") underneath. That's quite a contrast to some of the gigantic Lakers' lineups of the past.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'll say this, IUP should have a large crowd on Wednesday. With David, Armoni and Ethan on the squad it should fill quite a few seats!
    I remember that from the 19-20 season. IUP had some great crowds at GU, Mercy and Edinboro. In fact, the Boro game felt like a home game. Get loud in there Wednesday. They'll need you guys.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Mercyhurst does seem to be in a bit of a funk.

Last 3 games:

* Lost at home to East Stroudsburg, 85-72
    - Pretty rare for any team to score 85 on them, but the Warriors have had their number.

* Beat a severely depleted Gannon team, 68-63

* Struggled with 1-win Seton Hill before surviving, 82-76
    - Again, surprised to see the Griffins get 76 points on the board

The Lakers do play Clarion today at 1 p.m.

I heard the remodel is really tight.

Rest assured, they'll be ready for Joe's visit.

It's safe to say Joe is a work in progress. I'm not sure they've figured out how exactly they want to play yet. It's tough changing styles 8 games in to a season. I think their best bet is to slow down on offense and crank up the defense. I think Joe hit it on the head and they just thought the game Saturday was over at halftime. They took their foot off the gas and looked disinterested the first 12 minutes of the second half.
    Last edited by IUPalum; 01-10-2022, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP going to Hurst Wednesday is the biggest game to date. Neither team is playing their best basketball but who ever wins this one becomes the clear cut favorite for now. The Hurst new remodel is even tighter than the old. The court now goes north/south instead of east/west. No more stage and probably lost about 700 seats. Horrible remodel in my opinion. Waste of money for that dump. They could've made if a touch bigger and more modern but... YUCK!!! Only thing going is IUP just played in a tight sand box at LH so at least they started to adapt.
    Mercyhurst does seem to be in a bit of a funk.

Last 3 games:

* Lost at home to East Stroudsburg, 85-72
    - Pretty rare for any team to score 85 on them, but the Warriors have had their number.

* Beat a severely depleted Gannon team, 68-63

* Struggled with 1-win Seton Hill before surviving, 82-76
    - Again, surprised to see the Griffins get 76 points on the board

The Lakers do play Clarion today at 1 p.m.

I heard the remodel is really tight.

Rest assured, they'll be ready for Joe's visit.

It's safe to say Joe is a work in progress. I'm not sure they've figured out how exactly they want to play yet. It's tough changing styles 8 games in to a season. I think their best bet is to slow down on offense and crank up the defense. I think Joe hit it on the head and they just thought the game Saturday was over at halftime. They took their foot off the gas and looked disinterested the first 12 minutes of the second half.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    IUP going to Hurst Wednesday is the biggest game to date. Neither team is playing their best basketball but who ever wins this one becomes the clear cut favorite for now. The Hurst new remodel is even tighter than the old. The court now goes north/south instead of east/west. No more stage and probably lost about 700 seats. Horrible remodel in my opinion. Waste of money for that dump. They could've made if a touch bigger and more modern but... YUCK!!! Only thing going is IUP just played in a tight sand box at LH so at least they started to adapt.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    I heard all those comments after the game Saturday. Joe is exactly right, they didn't deserve to win. This team needs to stay hungry for 40 minutes of basketball no matter what the scoreboard says.

The transition game both directions hasn't been great since Shawndale went down. I'm more worried with the defensive transition, They have to get back defensively! They've given up easy looks or poor fouls at times. They can't afford to take to trash foul due to bad transition.

The other thing I'm worried about is the players trying to jump passes. If they don't get the steal they are hanging the others out to dry. They must pick their spots better. If everyone is back by all means try and jump, then defense can rotate but if the defense isn't back in transition then you have to sit.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Some comments from Joe on the not-too-hot performance at Lock Haven (from today's IG):

"Two years ago, I don't think anyone shot 50 percent (on us) all year," Lombardi said of LH's stats. "Lock Haven shot 50 and 40 percent on 3s. We didn't deserve to win today. We thought it was over at halftime and lost our edge, and counted on the defense, and we did not have much defensive presence today."

"Hopefully we learned from that," he said. "I've been trying to get this team more hungry and working on their toughness and competitiveness, and I'm hoping that stone cracks. If it doesn't, we won't win any championships this year."

Lock Haven torched IUP for a 63% clip from the field in the second half -- including 5-8 from deep. LH won the second half, 45-38.

Interesting comments. Anybody who watched the game knew that wasn't a good performance. By my count, IUP left 14-16 points on the floor due to not catching the ball cleanly, sloppy passing and unforced turnovers. I also came up with about 13-14 points IUP gave up on terrible defense -- over-shooting attempts to clog a passing lane, etc. IUP did a tremendous job in the first half of taking away the trey ball, but completely slacked on it in the second half.

As Joe said, they didn't deserve to win that game, but got a little lucky. I kept saying that was going to be the trap game. Lock Haven plays well in their building and has some talented players. IUP committed 14 turnovers -- numerous were self-inflicted.

They won't all be a work of art, but that probably wasn't a warm and fuzzy film review yesterday.

One item that has been maddening -- and it's somewhat understandable -- is IUP continues to turn the ball over in transition. When Shawndale was playing, they were going to run-n-gun for 40 minutes. They can't play that way anymore. It appears it's a very hard thing to stop doing. Game after game they are throwing away possessions on long passes in transition.

Rotation-wise, Polce played 26 minutes. Dillard got 16. KJ and Diop combined for 8. I'd really like to see KJ knock down a shot. His confidence seems to be lagging. Pinch-hitting isn't easy but a couple shots falling could go a long way. I'd still like to see Diop get more minutes. Hopefully Bryce Radford returns soon. While I don't think he'll play a huge role, there will be games and match-ups were they could use him.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X