• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    The next thing you'll be telling me is that Calapari has a PSAC connection. Geez!

Orlando Antigua is a name from the past. Played for Pitt way back in the day.

Goodness, can't believe he's 45 already.

-
    -
    Calapari does have a PSAC connection. He played at Clarion in 1981 and 1982.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    All Jamie did is win ... jus sayin'
    Agreed!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

All Jamie did is win ... jus sayin'

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    You can't forget Jamie Dixon then!
    Some of us went through a 12-step program to forget about him.

I'm sure Bravado at his age and years in the profession and networking knows quite a few big names.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    It’s not a Kentucky connection, it’s a John Calipari connection. Joe and John Calipari are really good friends.

Joe actually is friends with some big, big names in the coaching profession. He’s pretty tight with Calipari, Jay Wright, and Orlando Antigua. I’m sure there’s others, but those are 3 guys I know for sure he’s close with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The next thing you'll be telling me is that Calapari has a PSAC connection. Geez!

Orlando Antigua is a name from the past. Played for Pitt way back in the day.

Goodness, can't believe he's 45 already.

-
    -

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

It’s not a Kentucky connection, it’s a John Calipari connection. Joe and John Calipari are really good friends.

Joe actually is friends with some big, big names in the coaching profession. He’s pretty tight with Calipari, Jay Wright, and Orlando Antigua. I’m sure there’s others, but those are 3 guys I know for sure he’s close with.

You can't forget Jamie Dixon then!

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    I've spent a lot of time in both Louisville and Lexington. Both are awesome places.

Note: I said 'places' and not 'small towns' .... lol.

Right. I caught that. Lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I’m actually considering making the trip. Lexington is less than a 3 hour drive from Columbus.

I've spent a lot of time in both Louisville and Lexington. Both are awesome places.

Note: I said 'places' and not 'small towns' .... lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I believe that Bravado does have a bit of a Kentucky connection as his older son Dom worked in the Wildcat program several years back IIRC.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Anybody know what kind of money IUP is getting for this Kentucky game?

I heard two years ago they got $35,000 from Syracuse and $15,000 from Villanova.

Anybody considering going to Rupp Arena?

I’m actually considering making the trip. Lexington is less than a 3 hour drive from Columbus.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    When was the last time IUP played a D3/NAIA/PSU satellite campus? Because I was actually stunned to see Westminster (Pa.) on the schedule.

Speaking of money games, the IUP women's will play a preseason exhibition at Ohio State.
    Wonder if Urban Meyer will keep quiet about this, too, if the IUP gals get beat out there?

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I said that last year that they needed to play a true scrimmage like previous years or that Canadian tour they did. You've got to get some sort of game action in before a real game.
    They went in to the Findlay game cold as ice last year. No exhibition and Findlay played three. Obviously it showed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I think 2011 was the last time.

They scheduled Le Moyne, Fairmont, Bowie and Virginia State. So, yes, the D3 was a bit odd.
    Those four games are a gauntlet, the lay up game was a necessity.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Take the lump and the money.

It will sure make Concord and VSU seem slower the next weekend.

I felt not playing one of these last year hurt them.
    I said that last year that they needed to play a true scrimmage like previous years or that Canadian tour they did. You've got to get some sort of game action in before a real game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I think 2011 was the last time.

They scheduled Le Moyne, Fairmont, Bowie and Virginia State. So, yes, the D3 was a bit odd.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X