Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Chuck ... if you really want to get deep ... the formula to beat IUP is pretty basic

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      This debacle today ... sent IUP from a 2-seed to a 5-seed.

Think about it ... Ship and Kutztown now pass them. WL will, too.

Today was a huge F-ing loss
      Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
      If fairmont/shippensburg win

1 fairmont
      2 shippensburg
      3 iup
      4 west Liberty
      5 kutztown
      6 wheeling Jesuit
      7 VU
      8 Bowie

Best draw for iup imo
      I think West Lib jumps IUP unless WJ has a miracle in them tonight

Comment

Sleva made a mockery of us today

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          This debacle today ... sent IUP from a 2-seed to a 5-seed.

Think about it ... Ship and Kutztown now pass them. WL will, too.

Today was a huge F-ing loss

If Shippensburg wins won't IUP and KU have the same record? At that rate IUP owns the head to head win, with IUP's only losses coming to Fairmont and Ship (2). I think a Ship win would keep IUP ahead of Kutztown in the rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
            If Shippensburg wins won't IUP and KU have the same record? At that rate IUP owns the head to head win, with IUP's only losses coming to Fairmont and Ship (2). I think a Ship win would keep IUP ahead of Kutztown in the rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If West Lib wins today, IUP is in the 4/5 matchup behind Fairmont, WLU and the PSAC champ. If fairmont and ship win then IUP's win over KU SHOULD keep them ahead of Kutztown and it will come down to IUP and West Lib for the 3 spot. The fact that West Lib has one shaky loss (Concord) and IUP has none could be a factor here. If Fairmont and KU win I think an IUP-WLU first round matchup is very likely.

It's championship Sunday and still a lot of potential shuffling at the top, including a one loss, #1 ranked team in the country who needs to win today or they may not host the regional. What an incredible top 5 the Atlantic region has this year.

Comment

Sleva made a mockery of us today
              IUP needed yesterday's game. It sucks they ended up losing but for the most part things came pretty easy over the last 2 and a half months. This regional is gonna be brutal regardless so I'm glad they faced at least one real dogfight heading into it.

Comment

That loss yesterday also cost IUP a lot of money. Unfortunately, there will only be about 80 people at that game today.

The IUP vs Cal final will also be in an empty venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                  If West Lib wins today, IUP is in the 4/5 matchup behind Fairmont, WLU and the PSAC champ. If fairmont and ship win then IUP's win over KU SHOULD keep them ahead of Kutztown and it will come down to IUP and West Lib for the 3 spot. The fact that West Lib has one shaky loss (Concord) and IUP has none could be a factor here. If Fairmont and KU win I think an IUP-WLU first round matchup is very likely.

It's championship Sunday and still a lot of potential shuffling at the top, including a one loss, #1 ranked team in the country who needs to win today or they may not host the regional. What an incredible top 5 the Atlantic region has this year.
                  I agree with that analysis. West Liberty loss to concord probably gives fairmont the one seed regardless of what happens today but you never know. Iup shippensburg 3.0 is a possible 4/5 so it's best to let yesterday go and look ahead.

Comment

That loss yesterday also cost IUP a lot of money. Unfortunately, there will only be about 80 people at that game today.

The IUP vs Cal final will also be in an empty venue.
                    Yeah an all east final in a West venue and an all West final in an east venue can't be what the PSAC was hoping for. If I still lived in Indiana I'd probably go over to the KCAC and check it out. Should be a heck of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                      Yeah an all east final in a West venue and an all West final in an east venue can't be what the PSAC was hoping for. If I still lived in Indiana I'd probably go over to the KCAC and check it out. Should be a heck of a game.
                      All of which argues for the finals venue being chosen on a basis of merit and not alternating EAST to WEST and back. I'd suggest that the best team in the division which won the crossover play should gets the rights, but if someone else has a better idea, I'm open. IUP/CALU at the ANGELO DOME (or better HAMER) would be a much better draw. Likely won't come to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        All of which argues for the finals venue being chosen on a basis of merit and not alternating EAST to WEST and back. I'd suggest that the best team in the division which won the crossover play should gets the rights, but if someone else has a better idea, I'm open. IUP/CALU at the ANGELO DOME (or better HAMER) would be a much better draw. Likely won't come to pass.
                        I would eliminate seeds 5 and 6. Take the top 4 east and top 4 west to play in a 8 team tournament. Both men and women playing at the same neutral location.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                          I would eliminate seeds 5 and 6. Take the top 4 east and top 4 west to play in a 8 team tournament. Both men and women playing at the same neutral location.
                          Why neutral ? At least at a team site you have a chance of 1 or 2 schools fans showing up

Comment

It's tough. Look at the MEC games in Charleston drawing terrible. This year it just worked out poorly with two west teams playing in the east and two east teams playing in the West.

It cost the conference a lot of revenue today.

The Bryce Jordan Center at PSU would be the neutral site but why play with a 5% capacity crowd.

Comment

The neutral site will never happen. I would still like to see 5 and 6 seeds eliminated.

Comment

It's tough. Look at the MEC games in Charleston drawing terrible. This year it just worked out poorly with two west teams playing in the east and two east teams playing in the West.

It cost the conference a lot of revenue today.

The Bryce Jordan Center at PSU would be the neutral site but why play with a 5% capacity crowd.
                                The reality is that this could easily be solved. The conference (and maybe the schools) don't want to add one more trip into the week. That's the issue. If you had the top 6 make it in each division, it's simple. Your first round is on a Saturday where you play the 3-6/4-5 games. Come back on Tuesday with the 1s playing the lowest remaining seed and then the 2s play the other winner. Thursday or Friday would be your semifinals. Saturday or Sunday would be your championship. The top seed hosts every game. Alternate hosting rights between the east and the west every year. That's a simple solution. If you aren't a 1 or 2 seed you have to play that same number of games, but you only have one less road trip if you make it to Sunday under the current format. What I just proposed gives you the same number of games, the same length for a Championship Week, but just spreads it out to allow one more road trip.

That's what most of the very small mid-major D1 conferences do.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X