X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Men and women now 58-5 ... best combo of any school in NCAA ... any division.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    You guys are probably all sitting beside each other uptown and don't realize it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Message boards are quiet tonight. Surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You guys are probably all sitting beside each other uptown and don't realize it.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Message boards are quiet tonight. Surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Gary M. roaming the IUP bench .... yikes.

#puke

Lol

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Great article in the Gazette today. It finally tells the story of how they found Cobo.
    One correction to make to the article is that Bravado took over the IUP MBB program in 2006-07 and not 2005-06. But I agree that it was a great article.

So Cobo never even knew what snow and cold was before he came to IUP? Well, lucky bloody him!

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I am a middle school teacher and I use all the excuses, etc. hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Great article in the Gazette today. It finally tells the story of how they found Cobo.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Molly Carr won the GOAT vote on WCCS.
    Get real! Granted that Carr was before my time following the program. She was a part of that '99 team that went to the Elite Eight. She's a local-type person that I used to see at games all the time. None of these other IUP WBB players past or present would even be in the same category as Z. Not even close!

WCCS is a lame azz station anyhow. LOL.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Just a few blasts from the past on the women's side---

Happy Mount Olive Day! It was eleven years ago that the IUP women squandered the number one seed in the final East Region Tourney and lost to eighth-seeded Mount Olive. It is still hard to believe that it happened. It also marked coach Cindy Martin's swan song at IUP.

It was ten years ago this evening that the unquestioned greatest IUP women's player EVER, Jahzinga Tracey, played her final game for the Lady Crimson Hawks. IUP lost to Gannon in OT in the second round of the Atlantic Region.

-
    Molly Carr won the GOAT vote on WCCS.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Just a few blasts from the past on the women's side---

Happy Mount Olive Day! It was eleven years ago that the IUP women squandered the number one seed in the final East Region Tourney and lost to eighth-seeded Mount Olive. It is still hard to believe that it happened. It also marked coach Cindy Martin's swan song at IUP.

It was ten years ago this evening that the unquestioned greatest IUP women's player EVER, Jahzinga Tracey, played her final game for the Lady Crimson Hawks. IUP lost to Gannon in OT in the second round of the Atlantic Region.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Gary Edwards is a better version of Kevin Reynolds! hahahaha
    No doubt, but he was (is) a good coach -- and a good person.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    For any fans lurking out there and on the bubble of whether to go or not to the IUP men's region tourney this weekend----I would highly encourage you to go. There is nothing quite like the experience of attending a region. And these things do not come around all that often.

I recall the IUP teams hosting three of them in the past decade and a half or so.

2002- Unforgetable experience as Gary Edwards and Dennis Mims led IUP to the region title and advanced to the Elite Eight in Evanston, Indiana where they would make the Final Four. Who will ever forget Aaron Faulkner leaping atop the scores table in celebration?

2008- The IUP women hosted the tourney and unfortunately lost in the opening round in the infamous Mount Olive affair.

2010- Joe Lombardi and company beat West Liberty to cut down the nets. The Field House was absolutely electric that night.

These things are really unique and you should not miss the chance to get out to experience one if you enjoy the sport of basketball. No matter what happens you will remember this stuff the rest of your life.

-
    Agree - watching your team play in the NCAAs at home is a privilege that you should take advantage of.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X