• Dirtybird
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

You sound like Boat.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Interesting comments by Morris. In particular, he mentioned they (IUP) want to play with more guards.

That certainly sheds some light on the Shawndale Jones signing.

I wouldn't rule out the starting lineup of:

Malik Miller (6'4")
    Shawndale Jones (6'4")
    Armoni Foster (6'3")
    David Morris (6'2")
    Chucky Humphries (6'6")

Then the big boys come in off the bench along with the other guards. That would be Joe's most-athletic, fastest starting five ever. Those are all big guards, too. It's not like a bunch of 5'11" guys. Shawndale is a BIG, physical dude for a guard.

There would be nights in the West you could argue you'll need more muscle and size on the floor but at the same time there's no way a slow team like SRU is keeping up with them for 40 minutes. At the pace they could push they'd have Till types in the locker room by the second media timeout.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

https://www.erienewsnow.com/clip/148...er_ErieNewsNow

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

Incoming recruit Ethan Porterfield, of Sharon High, was named to the Class 3A all-state second team today. He was on the Class 4A second team last year as a junior and scored more than 1,500 career points.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    So judging how the last several seasons the end of the bench seems to always change year to year (except for Tony Rocco...I miss Tony Time), I don't think it would be a stretch to think any of Shawn Ulrich, Dom Keyes, Alan Glover Jr. and/or Anthony White won't be back on the team next year. And there always seems to be a late signee no one knows about until right before the semester starts. With Shawndale Jones in, does that make KJ Rhodes or Bryce Radford candidates for a redshirt to come in when Malik graduates?

Ulrich is confirmed coming back. I'd heavily lean on White returning, too. He's pretty bought in to the program and has actually become a part of it (somewhat rare for a walk-on). The luxury White provides is he wouldn't be a walk-on at most other schools in the league. He could have a small, regular role this year as a defensive pest. Glover Jr. ... who knows. Physically, he's a monster, and I know Joe was fairly high on him. He's that odd D2 size in that he's only 6'4" but a solid 235 lbs. I'm sure Tort would love to have him. Keyes has essentially gone off the grid so who knows. I sure hope he comes back. But, we'll know real soon. If another post player turns up signed, that means Keyes is out.

I'd say it's extremely likely either Radford or Rhodes gets a redshirt this season. It will really come down to what starting lineup Joe is going to run. As of right now he certainly has enough to run a second five, although we know that won't happen in his system.

The obvious fear of redshirting freshmen is they don't stick around. The bigger challenge may be where Rhodes and Radford fit in the coming years. Malik has one more year left but the other 'Big 3' guards will be here the next three seasons. Great problem to have, however.

They've certainly achieved some buzz with this incoming class.

As a whole, they will be a totally different team next season. Not saying better or worse but they will be tremendously faster and more athletic. The guard foursome, if they can play nice, is incredibly strong (and big).

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

So judging how the last several seasons the end of the bench seems to always change year to year (except for Tony Rocco...I miss Tony Time), I don't think it would be a stretch to think any of Shawn Ulrich, Dom Keyes, Alan Glover Jr. and/or Anthony White won't be back on the team next year. And there always seems to be a late signee no one knows about until right before the semester starts. With Shawndale Jones in, does that make KJ Rhodes or Bryce Radford candidates for a redshirt to come in when Malik graduates?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    I thought the same thing - full on west lib style.
    You may think that based on the roster ... then Opening Night will come and Joe will play 7 guys.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    This was the exact class Joe needed after the way last season ended. I know a PSAC title and 30-3 record ... but there's no denying the ending felt empty.

You got four alpha guards here. Here's to hoping they can all play nice come November.

Maybe Joe starts all four plus Chucky. Bring the bigs off the bench. That would be interesting. Mega speed and size at guard.

Malik has one year left. The other three (Armoni, Shawndale and Morris) all have three years.
    I thought the same thing - full on west lib style.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUPAlum said my street cred went up ... I told about this a week ago. Lol.

Now he can trade me that Reds pitcher.
    Your street cred did improve but so did mine for calling the Morris thing back in January! Give me a better offer for Castillo... hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Side note: Bravado had five graduate today.

Rumors circulating Bearer may be back next year as a grad student.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUPAlum said my street cred went up ... I told about this a week ago. Lol.

Now he can trade me that Reds pitcher.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Interesting dynamic. Like I said, they couldn't pass him up. The two incoming freshmen guards are very hyped as well. The Radford kid was first team all WV this past season. Rhodes played a post-grad year at IMG Academy.

But .. that's for Joe to figure out. Not us.

Lot of mouths to feed.

Leave a comment:

• Dirtybird
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

This was the exact class Joe needed after the way last season ended. I know a PSAC title and 30-3 record ... but there's no denying the ending felt empty.

You got four alpha guards here. Here's to hoping they can all play nice come November.

Maybe Joe starts all four plus Chucky. Bring the bigs off the bench. That would be interesting. Mega speed and size at guard.

Malik has one year left. The other three (Armoni, Shawndale and Morris) all have three years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Updated roster:

Guard

Malik Miller
    Armoni Foster
    David Morris Jr.
    Shawndale Jones
    Bryce Radford
    K.J. Rhodes
    Anthony White (Walk-On)

Chucky Humphries
    Shawn Ulrich
    Ethan Porterfield
    Dom Keyes (?)
    Alan Glover Jr. (Walk-On)

Not counting Keyes they are at 9 full rides. White has earned at least a partial in my opinion.

I'd say that's it minus another walk-on or two at the end of the bench. If no Keyes then there will be one more scholarship big added.

That's a loaded class coming to the KCAC.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X