X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Clearly the PSAC...chose...POORly in canceling this basketball season. With all the financial turmoil among the PASSHE members, I wonder if that was really the driving issue and not fear of Covid???
    For many schools it probably was. It wasn't here but no doubt all those that voted 'no' ... it could have played a factor.

Covid is an interesting topic on here. Half the board thought we'd all be dead by now.

It was a terrible decision. But, the CIAA canceled, too.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Clearly the PSAC...chose...POORly in canceling this basketball season. With all the financial turmoil among the PASSHE members, I wonder if that was really the driving issue and not fear of Covid???

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Mercyhurst beat Clarion by too many to count.

The Golden Eagles did not look good. The big fella from last year wasn't playing or on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Gannon and SRU have offered Tasos Cook ... guard from Ohio. He's getting heavy buss on the D2 circuit.

My guess is some mid-majors come calling soon.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I haven't watched a single D2 game yet this year but I'll tune in for the Erie game.
    Mercyhurst is going to pound them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Gannon is also 4-0. I thought they would get challenged this weekend by Daeman but they look way down from previous years.
    I haven't watched a single D2 game yet this year but I'll tune in for the Erie game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Gannon is also 4-0. I thought they would get challenged this weekend by Daeman but they look way down from previous years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Mercyhurst jumped to No. 8 in Power 10.

Lakers are 6-0 and haven't been in a close game yet.

I knew they were loaded this year. The West would have been a war with IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    PG Julian Boykins (Seton Hill) has entered the transfer portal. Two years eligibility.

He played at The Kiski School (Kiski Prep) -- same as Dante Lombardi, Greg Bearer and Shawndale Jones.

He's a decent player. Not sure what the deal was at SH. He was recruited there under Tark the Shark and not the current regime. He's from NJ so hard to say where he'll end up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    GUW played Miles College Bears twice Easy 1st win struggled but won 2nd game

GUM played KY St Same results Easy 1st win struggled but won 2nd game

Both teams 2-0 GUW next 2games vs Salem cnxl covid
    Gannon men officially have games schedule against Clarion Feb 10 and 13 (A/H), at D'Youville Feb 16, vs Mercyhurst Feb 27.

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied
    GUW played Miles College Bears twice Easy 1st win struggled but won 2nd game

GUM played KY St Same results Easy 1st win struggled but won 2nd game

Both teams 2-0 GUW next 2games vs Salem cnxl covid

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Gannon Men play Tuesday and Wednesday against Kentucky St. Kentucky state comes back the end of January to play Mercyhurst twice.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Yeah I think they could. I think IUP could, too.

But, it sounds like Joe's ship has sailed.
    I thought it was 16 to be eligible. Why wouldn't Joe make a run at it when you had 8 games in front of you? Hurst, Gannon, Clarion, UPJ times 2... You had to find 3 games!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You don't think IUP could get 11 games? 2 with UPJ, Gannon and Hurst... 7 more???
    Yeah I think they could. I think IUP could, too.

But, it sounds like Joe's ship has sailed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    UPJ hasn't ruled out a return in JAN or FEB. They are practicing and said would make a decision based on what's happening at that point.

You have to play 11 games to qualify for an at-large bid.
    You don't think IUP could get 11 games? 2 with UPJ, Gannon and Hurst... 7 more???

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X