X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Feel bad for players. Some teams were national contenders. Mortality rate for young people is extremely low according to ohio covid case data. I understand not having fans, wearing masks, social distancing, testing etc.
    but to cancel season when vaccines are in pipeline?

teams who try to play outside psac may face challenges. Mec is only allowing in conference schedule.
    Sounds like that was IUP's reasoning for not playing. Nobody to play.

I guess they could have played Gannon, Mercyhurst and Clarion 8 times each. lol.

Then again, not even IUP fans have the stomach to watch 8 games against Mercyhurst.

I really thought the six to accept were going to be IUP, Ship, Cal, Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    So ...

The MEC, CIAA and Presidents' Athletic Conference (Western PA D3) are all going to play.

Yet ... the PSAC is not.

It does, however, seem Clarion, Mercyhurst and Gannon are going to play basketball.
    Feel bad for players. Some teams were national contenders. Mortality rate for young people is extremely low according to ohio covid case data. I understand not having fans, wearing masks, social distancing, testing etc.
    but to cancel season when vaccines are in pipeline?

teams who try to play outside psac may face challenges. Mec is only allowing in conference schedule.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    So ...

The MEC, CIAA and Presidents' Athletic Conference (Western PA D3) are all going to play.

Yet ... the PSAC is not.

It does, however, seem Clarion, Mercyhurst and Gannon are going to play basketball.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Gannon and Mercyhurst are both going to play. Both have issued statements they are working on putting together independent schedules.
    How much of a schedule before players are spending eligibility ?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Gannon and Mercyhurst are both going to play. Both have issued statements they are working on putting together independent schedules.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Joe never saw a recruit he wouldn't redshirt.
    Lol. He loves him some redshirts. Transfers, in particular.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

You're correct. I misread that. 'IUP' didn't toss him. Joe suspended him for a whole season. What happened next (did he leave or did Joe take his scholarship off the table) ... who knows.

Only thing I know for sure is IUP wasted two years of scholarship money on him and he never even dressed for one game.

He never should have redshirted his first year here. But, that's a different discussion.

I'm curious to actually see him play.
    Joe never saw a recruit he wouldn't redshirt.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

He didn't leave on his own. Nobody is leaving Joe to go play for Cleary.

But, that's irrelevant now.
    CORRECT!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tossed from the team maybe, but possession of a small amount off campus wouldn't get someone tossed from school unless it's Grove City. VC says he left on his own but personal reasons.
    You're correct. I misread that. 'IUP' didn't toss him. Joe suspended him for a whole season. What happened next (did he leave or did Joe take his scholarship off the table) ... who knows.

Only thing I know for sure is IUP wasted two years of scholarship money on him and he never even dressed for one game.

He never should have redshirted his first year here. But, that's a different discussion.

I'm curious to actually see him play.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tossed from the team maybe, but possession of a small amount off campus wouldn't get someone tossed from school unless it's Grove City. VC says he left on his own but personal reasons.
    He didn't leave on his own. Nobody is leaving Joe to go play for Cleary.

But, that's irrelevant now.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-15-2020, 08:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

To be clear Keyes got tossed from IUP. Check his legal record. He was a good player. We'll see what he has left. He's about 23 or 24 now and hasn't played in years. He's worth a roll of the dice. He's not a 'the man' type player. He'd have fit perfect at a power like IUP as a role player. I wouldn't expect much more.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I wouldn't say that. Winning cures a lot. if guys aren't happy with playing time, scholarship money, etc they're usually okay with winning.
    To be clear Keyes got tossed from IUP. Check his legal record. He was a good player. We'll see what he has left. He's about 23 or 24 now and hasn't played in years. He's worth a roll of the dice. He's not a 'the man' type player. He'd have fit perfect at a power like IUP as a role player. I wouldn't expect much more.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So he's not a good recruiter then! That means he's bringing in character issues... THOSE DON'T WIN!!!
    I wouldn't say that. Winning cures a lot. if guys aren't happy with playing time, scholarship money, etc they're usually okay with winning.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I've been sitting on the Dom Keyes news for quite a while! If he can still play well that's a good class. PC can recruit - guy has terrible luck though. He's had some kids turn into turds or jump ship when things don't go their way.
    So he's not a good recruiter then! That means he's bringing in character issues... THOSE DON'T WIN!!!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    In a very interesting turn of events, Dom Keyes is listed on the Edinboro roster.

He hasn't played in years, but that's potentially a very big signing for the Scots. He's listed as a Junior.

Keyes was highly-recruited coming out of Steel Valley. He played his freshman year at UPJ and then transferred to a MD JUCO. IUP then signed him and, shockingly, redshirted him. The following year he was suspended from the program. Last year he sat out.

If he's still in shape, etc., that's a really good signing. Keyes can play -- particularly on the defensive end (a place Cleary's teams are usually non-existent).

On paper, anyway, Edinboro looks much better than a year ago. Add in Slippery Rock transfer Deontae Robertson along with Niagara transfer Kierell Green and hyped-up freshman Nick Everett ... things are looking up.
    I've been sitting on the Dom Keyes news for quite a while! If he can still play well that's a good class. PC can recruit - guy has terrible luck though. He's had some kids turn into turds or jump ship when things don't go their way.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X