Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Nobody wanted to listen to me when I said firing Reilly was an awful idea! Now look at the mess they have.
    I'll have to ask some friends and see if their coaches are on multi-year contracts or at-will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'll have to ask some friends and see if their coaches are on multi-year contracts or at-will.
      If I recall, Jefferson was on a 5 year deal. Not 100% sure of that but I do know he's tried to interview for D1 jobs.

Comment

• Shootout in Erie.

Mercyhurst gave up 15 points in first half to Roberts Wesleyan.

Comment

• Mercyhurst gave its yearly beating to Roberts Wesleyan last night, winning 88-50. D'Youville took its annual Erie beating last week.

The Lakers host Alliance today at 3 p.m.

Gary isn't exactly playing a murders' row of non-conference games. Regardless, Mercyhurst is up to 4-1 (highly likely to be 5-1 by dinner).

Comment

• Updated MEN'S standings as we head in to the crossover Sunday/Monday:

WEST
            TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
            IUP 2-0 8-0 W8
            Slippery Rock 1-1 7-1 W1
            Mercyhurst 1-1 5-1 W3
            Pitt-Johnstown 1-1 5-3 L1
            Seton Hill 0-2 5-3 L3
            California 0-2 3-5 L2
            Clarion 0-2 2-5 L3
            Edinboro 0-2 2-5 L3
            Gannon 0-2 0-6 L6
            EAST
            TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
            East Stroudsburg 2-0 8-0 W8
            Lock Haven 2-0 6-1 W4
            Millersville 2-0 5-3 W4
            Shippensburg 2-0 4-4 L1
            Kutztown 2-0 2-5 W2
            West Chester 1-1 6-2 W2
            Shepherd 1-1 4-4 L1
            Mansfield 1-1 2-4 L1
            Bloomsburg 0-2 0-6 L6

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Updated MEN'S standings as we head in to the crossover Sunday/Monday:

WEST
              TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
              IUP 2-0 8-0 W8
              Slippery Rock 1-1 7-1 W1
              Mercyhurst 1-1 5-1 W3
              Pitt-Johnstown 1-1 5-3 L1
              Seton Hill 0-2 5-3 L3
              California 0-2 3-5 L2
              Clarion 0-2 2-5 L3
              Edinboro 0-2 2-5 L3
              Gannon 0-2 0-6 L6
              EAST
              TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
              East Stroudsburg 2-0 8-0 W8
              Lock Haven 2-0 6-1 W4
              Millersville 2-0 5-3 W4
              Shippensburg 2-0 4-4 L1
              Kutztown 2-0 2-5 W2
              West Chester 1-1 6-2 W2
              Shepherd 1-1 4-4 L1
              Mansfield 1-1 2-4 L1
              Bloomsburg 0-2 0-6 L6
              Ship overall has probably benefitted from playing tough early schedules during Fite's successful run, but it's probably been a detriment for a team trying to establish a consistent identity this season.

Comment

• Around the West:

IUP - Some questions are looming entering the pre-holiday doubleheader. Will Ethan Porterfield play? Will Shawndale Jones play? Will Ousmane Diop finally make his season debut? Two tough games on tap. Kutztown has a very deceiving 2-5 record -- having dropped several single-digit games -- all without star Moe Williams. There's a very good chance they'd be undefeated right now with him, but they've still been competitive without him. His status for this weekend is unknown. Williams is a major problem to deal with on both ends. His return will instantly elevate the Golden Bears. West Chester visits Monday evening. With the exception of last year's IUP blowout win, this is typically always a great game -- not to mention the sideshow that goes on between to the two head coaches. They may fake it during warm-ups, but I don't think I'd call them close friends. IUP very rarely loses at home, but they will be tested this weekend -- especially if short-handed. Crossover prediction: 2-0

Slippery Rock - The Rock struggled with a 1-9 Wheeling this week, but came away with a tight road win. SRU should cruise this weekend against Mansfield and Bloomsburg. It's still relatively early and the Rock is still blending a lot of new pieces. This should be a fairly scary team in Jan-Feb. Crossover prediction: 2-0

Mercyhurst: The Lakers feasted on two overmatched opponents this week. Things get real tomorrow when a tough Shippensburg comes to town. This should be a salty Red Raiders bunch coming off an overtime loss to Fairmont State -- a game they likely should have won. The tough back-to-back will continue Monday when Lock Haven arrives. This is a tough Bald Eagles team that blew out California. Not an easy pair of games for Mercyhurst. Of course, playing against their vaunted defense and inside that gym isn't easy, either. Crossover prediction: 1-1

UPJ - Sure, the Mountain Cats have three early losses. But, they've lost to Nova Southeastern, West Liberty and East Stroudsburg -- three of the top teams in the country. UPJ got hammered at East Stroudsburg last time out. As said before, their depth this year isn't geared to playing teams that press all 40 minutes -- hence, they are 0-3 in such contests. As West play begins -- with essentially all half-court games -- they should fare much better. That said, a tough two games are looming. West Chester and Millersville are both playing really well. UPJ is famous for shooting the lights out in its building. That should be enough to get them at least one win. Crossover prediction: 1-1

Seton Hill - The Griffins were the talk of the league in November -- cruising to a 5-0 start while blowing teams out of the gym. December, however, hasn't been so kind. Seton Hill has lost three straight - including being blown out at Lock Haven. A massive test awaits tomorrow as East Stroudsburg visits, followed by Kutztown. The Griffins are a big home underdog tomorrow. They should have a shot against Kutztown -- providing they still have their legs. Strange stuff happens in that building. Crossover prediction: 1-1

California - The Vulcans are off to disappointing start at 3-5. Obviously, they've played without two starters all season. They've played tough even without them, but the losses are mounting quickly. Bloomsburg will be an easy win tomorrow, but East Stroudsburg visits Monday -- the worst possible team to play with a short bench. Crossover prediction: 1-1

Clarion - The Golden Eagles will be home underdogs against both Millersville and Shepherd. Things were looking pretty bleak for a bit there but Clarion put up a pretty good fight against a decent Lake Erie team this week before falling late. The Marauders and Rams just have too much fire power. Crossover prediction: 0-2

Edinboro - Lock Haven and Mansfield visit McComb, with the latter being a must-win game. The Bald Eagles have far too much. Crossover prediction: 1-1 (with the Mansfield game being a big IF).

Gannon - Could the Golden Knights really be 0-8 heading in to the holiday? Yes, they could. Shepherd and Shippensburg are on deck. The Rams are much better than most realize, and the Red Raiders are, too. Gannon is a home underdog in both games. Things are rough in the 'Mill. Crossover prediction: 0-2

Comment

• Clarion guard Lee Newton is in the portal mid-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Clarion guard Lee Newton is in the portal mid-season.
                    Saw that. Kid from Ship also went to Chatham.

Comment

• Unless there's quickly more magic in Greensburg, Kutztown is going to beat Seton Hill.

Comment

• Mercyhurst just hammered a good Lock Haven team.

Comment

• After being at the KCAC yesterday, I went to SRU this afternoon. For me, less than a gallon of gas to SRU round trip and about 4 gallons to IUP.

Saw the end of the womens game and I thought their new coach had them playing well. Her girls were making good adjustments on the court to the different defenses, they played hard, seem to have a good BB IQ and are good communicators. My early take is she has coached them well but she will see some stronger teams that will give everyone problems. Nice start though. I knew Bobby McGraw so it was tough to drive there knowing he wouldn’t be on the bench.

The mens game was sort of tough to watch. SRU led by as many as 18 but were only up 4 with less than a minute in regulation. SRU won by 6.

Bloom had 12 pts in first 17 minutes of the first half then SRU gave up 10 in last 3 minutes of half after Britt sat due to fouls

Bloom started the second half the same way as the first half scoring just 9 pts in the first 1145. Then they made it a game.

Britt averages 18ppg and had 0 points on 0-7 shooting. As a team SRU shot 6-27 from three. They are pretty deep but don’t seem to have a go to guy like Micah Till. Bloomberg’s zone gave them fits.
                          Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 12-19-2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
                            After being at the KCAC yesterday, I went to SRU this afternoon. For me, less than a gallon of gas to SRU round trip and about 4 gallons to IUP.

Saw the end of the womens game and I thought their new coach had them playing well. Her girls were making good adjustments on the court to the different defenses, they played hard, seem to have a good BB IQ and are good communicators. My early take is she has coached them well but she will see some stronger teams that will give everyone problems. Nice start though. I knew Bobby McGraw so it was tough to drive there knowing he wouldn’t be on the bench.

The mens game was sort of tough to watch. SRU led by as many as 18 but were only up 4 with less than a minute in regulation. SRU won by 6.

Bloom had 12 pts in first 17 minutes of the first half then SRU gave up 10 in last 3 minutes of half after Britt sat due to fouls

Bloom started the second half the same way as the first half scoring just 9 pts in the first 1145. Then they made it a game.

Britt averages 18ppg and had 0 points on 0-7 shooting. As a team SRU shot 6-27 from three. They are pretty deep but don’t seem to have a go to guy like Micah Till. Bloomberg’s zone gave them fits.
                            What the heck do you drive? A moped?

Comment

• UPDATED MEN'S STANDINGS

WEST
                              TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                              IUP 4-0 10-0 W10
                              Slippery Rock 3-1 9-1 W3
                              Mercyhurst 3-1 7-1 W5
                              Pitt-Johnstown 3-1 7-3 W2
                              Seton Hill 1-3 6-4 L1
                              California 1-3 4-6 L1
                              Edinboro 1-3 3-6 W1
                              Clarion 0-4 2-7 L5
                              Gannon 0-4 0-8 L8
                              EAST
                              TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                              East Stroudsburg 3-1 9-1 W1
                              Lock Haven 3-1 7-2 L1
                              Millersville 3-1 6-4 L1
                              Shepherd 3-1 6-4 W2
                              Shippensburg 3-1 5-5 W1
                              Kutztown 3-1 3-6 W1
                              West Chester 1-3 6-4 L2
                              Mansfield 1-3 2-6 L3
                              Bloomsburg 0-4 0-8 L8

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
                                After being at the KCAC yesterday, I went to SRU this afternoon. For me, less than a gallon of gas to SRU round trip and about 4 gallons to IUP.

She's doing a good job - and she's just an interim. If she keeps it up I can't see why she doesn't get the job.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X