Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

* West Chester hung in for 30 minutes but went complete street ball with 10 minutes left and Mercyhurst tore them apart.

* Gannon lost in OT and is now amazingly 0-5.

* Lock Haven looked awfully legit in blasting Seton Hill.

* Cal has to get their missing two starters back real fast. That's four losses. Early.

* Rock and Ship should be highly entertaining tonight. SRU is undefeated and Ship appears to have found its stride. This will likely be a very chippy affair.

* UPJ lit up Bloom last night. I'd surely suspect IUP to do the same.

* ESU mopped the floor with Clarion. UPJ will be a much tougher task tonight but I'd still pick ESU to pull away in second half.

If Cal gets up to full strength, they'll be a real load. They're pretty good as it is. Was never likely that Alston would stay with them, but if he had that would be a very scary team this year. They beat Ship in a close one last year when Biss was out, and the Raiders returned the favor this year. The real surprise of the evening was the Ship women's 19-point win over a ranked Cal women's team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If Cal gets up to full strength, they'll be a real load. They're pretty good as it is. Was never likely that Alston would stay with them, but if he had that would be a very scary team this year. They beat Ship in a close one last year when Biss was out, and the Raiders returned the favor this year. The real surprise of the evening was the Ship women's 19-point win over a ranked Cal women's team.
      Correct. Cal (men) will be nasty at full strength. They've played the whole season without their starting PG and without a really dynamic SF. It may be good for everybody if they keep inching toward 8 losses.

Comment

• Lake Show went down at Millersville.

Comment

• The West got pounded tonight. IUP'S win at Bloom was the lone win.

Looks like the Seton Hill buzz has wore off quick. Tonight's loss at Mansfield makes 3 straight.

Cal got beat up at Lock Haven. Rock got beat up. UPJ got beat up. Gannon is 0-6. Mercyhurst lost by double digits.

Comment

The West got pounded tonight. IUP'S win at Bloom was the lone win.

Looks like the Seton Hill buzz has wore off quick. Tonight's loss at Mansfield makes 3 straight.

Cal got beat up at Lock Haven. Rock got beat up. UPJ got beat up. Gannon is 0-6. Mercyhurst lost by double digits.
            Reports of the Eastern Division's demise appear to have been exaggerated. Looks as if they have something legitimate going on up at Lock Haven. That's a rough trip for a short-handed Cal team, going from Ship up to Lock Haven for the next day. The Millersville-Mercyhurst score surprised me as Millersville hasn't exactly been off to a hot start. East Stroud continues to take care of business..

I returned from the Ship game a little while ago. They dominated the Rock for most of the first half and dominated them more in the second. Carlos Carter was everywhere and probably had the game of his career. If he and Johnson can combine as they did this weekend, the Raiders will be a tough out for most teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Reports of the Eastern Division's demise appear to have been exaggerated. Looks as if they have something legitimate going on up at Lock Haven. That's a rough trip for a short-handed Cal team, going from Ship up to Lock Haven for the next day. The Millersville-Mercyhurst score surprised me as Millersville hasn't exactly been off to a hot start. East Stroud continues to take care of business..

I returned from the Ship game a little while ago. They dominated the Rock for most of the first half and dominated them more in the second. Carlos Carter was everywhere and probably had the game of his career. If he and Johnson can combine as they did this weekend, the Raiders will be a tough out for most teams.
              I think Fite read my scouting report after the SH game lol. They've been hot since.

Comment

I think Fite read my scouting report after the SH game lol. They've been hot since.
                Was the Seton Hill point guard out again. Their win over Ship is beginning to look like something of an outlier. It's beginning to look as if the Raiders might make it out of December alive although the next one with Fairmont and the following one in Erie with a now undoubtedly hacked-off Mercyhurst will not be walks in the park.

Comment

• A year removed from the strongest West -- perhaps in history -- the division is not off to a good start.

UPDATED PSAC MEN'S STANDINGS
                  TEAM CONFERENCE OVERALL STREAK
                  IUP 2-0 7-0 W7
                  Slippery Rock 1-1 6-1 L1
                  Mercyhurst 1-1 2-1 L1
                  Pitt-Johnstown 1-1 4-3 L1
                  Seton Hill 0-2 4-3 L3
                  California 0-2 3-5 L2
                  Clarion 0-2 2-5 L2
                  Edinboro 0-2 2-5 L3
                  Gannon 0-2 0-6 L6

Comment

• Final from Clarion:

Lake Erie 77
                    Clarion 70

Golden Eagles looked a lot better tonight.

Comment

Final from Clarion:

Lake Erie 77
                      Clarion 70

Golden Eagles looked a lot better tonight.
                      Glad I took the points! Golden Eagles didn't let me down and kept it close!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Glad I took the points! Golden Eagles didn't let me down and kept it close!
                        Good pick. That was one of those tough numbers.

If there was more than 11 spectators in that gym I'd be shocked.

Comment

Good pick. That was one of those tough numbers.

If there was more than 11 spectators in that gym I'd be shocked.
                          Should have done a prop bet on the attendance!

Comment

• Loyola-Chicago, led by Phil Alston's 23 points, clobbered a Clemson team that had beaten Wake Forest, Penn State, and, of course, California (the one actually in California) Saturday night. Unreal to think what Cal could have been with Alston and their full starting lineup this season. Gotta be a bummer for Vulcan fans.

Comment

A year removed from the strongest West -- perhaps in history -- the division is not off to a good start.

UPDATED PSAC MEN'S STANDINGS
                              TEAM CONFERENCE OVERALL STREAK
                              IUP 2-0 7-0 W7
                              Slippery Rock 1-1 6-1 L1
                              Mercyhurst 1-1 2-1 L1
                              Pitt-Johnstown 1-1 4-3 L1
                              Seton Hill 0-2 4-3 L3
                              California 0-2 3-5 L2
                              Clarion 0-2 2-5 L2
                              Edinboro 0-2 2-5 L3
                              Gannon 0-2 0-6 L6
                              If 10 years ago or even 5 years ago you told me Gannon would be in the PSAC West basement in December 2022 I'd laugh at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If 10 years ago or even 5 years ago you told me Gannon would be in the PSAC West basement in December 2022 I'd laugh at you.
                                Nobody wanted to listen to me when I said firing Reilly was an awful idea! Now look at the mess they have.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X