Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

The boro feed is way better on YouTube. FYI.

Comment

Boro headed to KCAC

Comment

Nevermind. Wednesday at 7:30 it is.

Comment

Boro looks like they receive a second round bye.

Comment

Early line in Vegas just posted at Boro -14.5

Smart money says take EU and give the points.

Comment

I'll say this ... if Edinboro finds a way to lose tomorrow it would be one of the bigger upsets in PSAC Tournament history.

Other than the surprise factor, that's the other card IUP has ... not a soul expects them to win.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                I'll say this ... if Edinboro finds a way to lose tomorrow it would be one of the bigger upsets in PSAC Tournament history.

Other than the surprise factor, that's the other card IUP has ... not a soul expects them to win.
                It will be interesting to see if they put up a fight, or just use it as a scrimmage, and bank on geting everyone back for regionals. I hope they put up a fight but sometimes teams just fold when they feel cheated. Will say alot about the character of the team. Putting up a fight , even while losing, could help them the rest of this season ( if there is one) and definitely next season. I'm sure Joe knows this, but getting the players to go along is tricky.

Comment

They'll play full steam. No doubt about it. Unlike some other coaches around, Joe has the full respect of the room.

If you'd ever see IUP bench players behave during timeouts like we saw last night ... they'd be out of the program that night.

This match-up is, imagine this, IUP full strength playing Edinboro without Liggins and Mason. Think about that.

I've seen Joe win some games in similar situations. He's earned the right to not be counted out. But, this is a giant task.

Likely, they find a way to keep it close for awhile but as the minutes keep accumulating and Edinboro can keep swapping in fresh bodies ... you'll see the Scots pull away.

IUP can't press. Can't play man. Can't run its normal offense. Defensively, the group playing is fairly sound. Malik is a huge defensive upgrade over Dante. Huge. Playing Blake, Willem and Cobo together is a real big lineup (two at 6'9" and one at 6'8").

This is how it appears, anyway. Some things you won't know for sure until the team comes out for warm-ups tomorrow. Could there be a surprise or two? Will Armoni Foster make his debut at PG? I'm being told ... don't rule anything out. They've had three days to practice with this new lineup.

Comment

They'll play full steam. No doubt about it. Unlike some other coaches around, Joe has the full respect of the room.

If you'd ever see IUP bench players behave during timeouts like we saw last night ... they'd be out of the program that night.

This match-up is, imagine this, IUP full strength playing Edinboro without Liggins and Mason. Think about that.

I've seen Joe win some games in similar situations. He's earned the right to not be counted out. But, this is a giant task.

Likely, they find a way to keep it close for awhile but as the minutes keep accumulating and Edinboro can keep swapping in fresh bodies ... you'll see the Scots pull away.

IUP can't press. Can't play man. Can't run its normal offense. Defensively, the group playing is fairly sound. Malik is a huge defensive upgrade over Dante. Huge. Playing Blake, Willem and Cobo together is a real big lineup (two at 6'9" and one at 6'8").

This is how it appears, anyway. Some things you won't know for sure until the team comes out for warm-ups tomorrow. Could there be a surprise or two? Will Armoni Foster make his debut at PG? I'm being told ... don't rule anything out. They've had three days to practice with this new lineup.
                    Boy, you want to see them do well and compete, but should they burn a redshirt on a gamble? Goodness, Joe may have balls of steel if he decides to do that. Certainly a calculated risk, but we will all find out for sure Wednesday.

Comment

It's a tough call. When Pat Narduzzi was grilled on it ... his response was, paraphrase, ... when you're in that position (redshirt) you're one play away from being the backup or the man. That's unfortunately the nature of it. That's why they're here.

Recall the situation Pitt was in at the end of the season. Kenny Pickett was going to redshirt until Pitt lost its starter in the Syracuse game, then Ben Dinucci's helmet came off ... so Pickett had to enter to run a play ... burning his redshirt. Narduzzi was heavily criticized for it at the time ... why not just let a WR take the snap. Of course, when Pickett beat No. 2 Miami on Thanksgiving ... opinions changed.

Odds are Dante is done for the season -- certainly at any level of effectiveness. Do you try and salvage this year or save a fourth year for down the road?

That's why Joe makes the big bucks. All I'm saying is don't be shocked.

Comment

I've actually been dwelling on this since Saturday about all this. I actually feel we have a better chance of seeing Armoni tomorrow than Vaughns. I know Armoni can flat out score just like Malik. I'm not 100% on how Armoni's defense is though but it can't be worse than Vaughns. IUP needs a guard NOT a forward tomorrow. Odds are in Armoni's favor. We'll see what big bad Joe does.

THEY WILL COME OUT AND PLAY HARD!!!

Comment

It's a tough call. When Pat Narduzzi was grilled on it ... his response was, paraphrase, ... when you're in that position (redshirt) you're one play away from being the backup or the man. That's unfortunately the nature of it. That's why they're here.

Recall the situation Pitt was in at the end of the season. Kenny Pickett was going to redshirt until Pitt lost its starter in the Syracuse game, then Ben Dinucci's helmet came off ... so Pickett had to enter to run a play ... burning his redshirt. Narduzzi was heavily criticized for it at the time ... why not just let a WR take the snap. Of course, when Pickett beat No. 2 Miami on Thanksgiving ... opinions changed.

Odds are Dante is done for the season -- certainly at any level of effectiveness. Do you try and salvage this year or save a fourth year for down the road?

That's why Joe makes the big bucks. All I'm saying is don't be shocked.
                          Great analysis - especially when it's possible Dante is (most likely) out for the year. Do you basically say this is a wasted year, or try to make something out of it? Boy, I wouldn't want to be in Joe's position.

Comment

Herman Edwards once said. "You play to win the game!'

Comment

I think it's safe to say Liggins wrapped up West POY last night with his 26 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists ... deservedly so. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Norfleet. Their games are similar and they are built just about identically.

How about Trey Staunch ... in 22 minutes he went for 22 points and 9 rebounds on 8-for-10 FGs and 6-6 FTs.

He may be bored tomorrow night without Dante Lombardi around.

If you'd have told me before the game Jaymon Mason and Anthony Coleman would have a combined 12 points ... I wouldn't have given Edinboro a chance. The Scots didn't shoot real well (42% FG and 23% from deep) but were money at the FT line (19-21). It sounded like a great crowd up there. They'll have to deal with the opposite effect tomorrow.

The game also ended the stellar careers of UPJ's Dale Clancy and Isaac Vescovi. Both will be very successful in life -- and both would likely make great coaches should they stay in the game. Vescovi is a 4.0 GPA mathematics major. The Mountain Cats will return future stars Josh Wise and Drew Magestro next winter -- nice building blocks -- but desperately need to add some size. They got crushed last night under the basket. Coach Rukavina has a way of finding guys. But, replacing Clancy and Vescovi won't be easy.

Comment

2 questions....

1. If they burn Foster's shirt, are they an Elite 8/ Final 4 team?
                                2. If IUP loses to Boro, are we certain they don't fall out of the top 8?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X