• Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

Gannon plays Shippensburg

Edinboro plays ESU

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
      I'm not looking to bust anyone's stones here, but in all seriousness. How good is IUP without Lombardi? He's hated, with good reason, he's Grayson Allen minus the tripping, but he sure can play. IMO IUP wasn't very good, by their own standards, & without him? I'd love to see the league win it all, any sport, but I just don't think that IUP is that good.
      I don't know. I think with Glover, it would have been close tonight. Boro shot crazy good from three, they got confident, and that was all she wrote. Tony C. mentioned that the difference in the score was the treys. That's what Glover does.

I agree it was surprising that Joe didn't change much. They Fed Cobo and Willem inside a bit more, and ran zone, but that was about the only difference. They played hard but needed some breaks to win - didn't get many. have to say, it was bad luck with Malik fouling out - they didn't call too many fouls, except on him

Comment

I am nearly 100% that he went over .500 career winning percentage this year, he won his first playoff game on monday? If calling him an underachiever, makes you feel better, I guess i can't stop you?

Comment

My early guess would likely be an all East final for the second year in a row.

Ship is a real tough matchup for Gannon and ESU will be nasty in their own gym.

But .. that's why they play the games.

Comment

Ship is kinda living on name & brand, and Sleva. Don't dare underestimate Gannon. If they keep it under 72 points, they can play with anyone.

Comment

I'm not looking to bust anyone's stones here, but in all seriousness. How good is IUP without Lombardi? He's hated, with good reason, he's Grayson Allen minus the tripping, but he sure can play. IMO IUP wasn't very good, by their own standards, & without him? I'd love to see the league win it all, any sport, but I just don't think that IUP is that good.
              If his name was Dante Jones instead of Dante Lombardi ... he wouldn't be viewed as Grayson Allen. I get why he is .... don't get me wrong. But the perception he's given has a lot to do with his last name. Outsiders don't see it but he's the quietest kid on the entire IUP team.

Comment

Count me as surprised that Boro handled IUP so easily. That was the going thought at the Hammermill.

Great rebounding by Gannon ... ruling the boards for a 77-70 win, despite 6 Rock 3's in the last two or so minutes. Not a great shooting night for Gannon, but they collected 16 offensive rebounds. They forced Rock into 17 turnovers.

Gannon is historically dreadful away from home in postseason games, including never winning a true road game (0-10) in the postseason. Pretty amazing. Hope these can turn around. Hoping for an all-Erie county PSAC final (though it likely won't happen).

Comment

Ship is kinda living on name & brand, and Sleva. Don't dare underestimate Gannon. If they keep it under 72 points, they can play with anyone.
                  That's the whole key. Gotta get Sleva in foul trouble.

It won't be a blowout like the first time they played but it's going to take a heck of a Gannon fight to beat them.

Comment

We take pride in being the biggest league in the NCAA, yet they function like a YMCA rec league. I've not seen the SHU/ Glover stuff, I'd just like an official definition of "probation". I'd be thrilled to have a league office that functioned with transparency, and the best interest of the league. Don't get me started on the Clarion football schedule again, this conference is so good, fun, competitive, and bush league all at the same time
                    The PSAC is basically the NHL of D2 sports: quality teams, but incompetent league leadership. Keep in mind that this is the same league that's at least 2-3 years late in getting into the league-wide streaming game, the same league which apparently doesn't believe in soliciting corporate sponsorship for any of it's championships or, for that matter, league accolades (as is happening with other conferences), the same league which seems to defer to the coaches' and their sometimes self-serving interests instead of the league and the student-athletes as a whole, the same league that can't seem to promote their top football and basketball programs across the state (SportsFever for football is a joke, to be honest, and why wait until late in the season to strike a deal with PCN?) ... need I go on?
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

That all depends on if they can score 72 points, which, as we've seen far too often, isn't necessarily a guarantee...
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                        The PSAC is basically the NHL of D2 sports: quality teams, but incompetent league leadership. Keep in mind that this is the same league that's at least 2-3 years late in getting into the league-wide streaming game, the same league which apparently doesn't believe in soliciting corporate sponsorship for any of it's championships or, for that matter, league accolades (as is happening with other conferences), the same league which seems to defer to the coaches' and their sometimes self-serving interests instead of the league and the student-athletes as a whole, the same league that can't seem to promote their top football and basketball programs across the state (SportsFever for football is a joke, to be honest, and why wait until late in the season to strike a deal with PCN?) ... need I go on?
                        I think we're more like the MAC. Solid conference with some history on the national stage but in recent years we've been hampered by our comparative lack of resources. Every year there's a team that stands out but doesn't have much of a chance to win a championship. At least we have a full playoff to give them that chance.

I agree with your criticism of the league office. I appreciate the app but I'd like to see games also available on ESPN3. The NEC does this very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                          That all depends on if they can score 72 points, which, as we've seen far too often, isn't necessarily a guarantee...
                          The Knights have scored 70 or more points in 8 of the last 10 games. One of the two sub-70 games was in a win at Mercy where nobody scores. And the other was a respectable 66 points at IUP.

That said, there is always an offense egg-laying waiting to happen.

Comment

Trouble for the West teams. The weather blows as they are traveling to the Poconos. The Boro bus broke down on the way. Gannon is dropping the boys off at the hotel and going back to pick up team Boro. This makes for a tough night.

Comment

Classy move by GU.

Comment

Reilly has always been a class act.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X