Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

Hard for a frosh Big to excel in the PSAC, but maybe Holsinger will be an exception.

Clarion's roster is up. Clarion brought in 5 JUCOs, including 3 from the same JUCO (Lackawanna). Also brought in Elijah Cottril from Beaver Falls who was at Polk with Matt Furjanic a few years ago and was pretty highly regarded with alot of D1 looks. Not sure where he has been the past few years.

Comment

Seton Hill updated its roster and schedule.

Oddly, Fernando Salsamendi is listed on its 2018-19 roster.

OOC:

Glenville State
      Charleston
      Alderson Broaddus
      Lincoln
      Wheeling Jesuit

Of note:

West Chester visits Greensburg On Dec. 19 in a Wrestlemania rematch. IUP visits Greensburg on (WED) Jan. 30.

Comment

What is the consensus on the job by Coach Saunders in recruiting his first class? He put together a decent OOC schedule. Although, some of that may be carry over.

Comment

• Comment

They better have some big bodies showing up that aren't included on the posted roster. If not, that's an incredibly small team. The few 'bigs' they have are in the 6'5" range and weigh about 180 lbs if soaking wet.

They do have a couple nice players returning. Trevor Blondin would play heavy minutes for any team in the PSAC. Nathan Davis is a nice player and should emerge more over his final two years.

It was time for a change down there. It was getting stale.

The Salsamendi thing is funny. They literally just updated the roster like 48 hours ago and left him on it. Is he 100% enrolled at Gannon?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              They better have some big bodies showing up that aren't included on the posted roster. If not, that's an incredibly small team. The few 'bigs' they have are in the 6'5" range and weigh about 180 lbs if soaking wet.

They do have a couple nice players returning. Trevor Blondin would play heavy minutes for any team in the PSAC. Nathan Davis is a nice player and should emerge more over his final two years.

It was time for a change down there. It was getting stale.

The Salsamendi thing is funny. They literally just updated the roster like 48 hours ago and left him on it. Is he 100% enrolled at Gannon?
              I have confirmation from my sources that Salsamendi is at Gannon. I'll have 100% confirmation Monday when they have their first "workout."

Comment

I don't doubt it and you're always right on the GU front. It's just comical they took the effort to post their new roster and left him on it.

Then again ... it is Seton Hill.

Comment

Two of the top three scorers last season for Slippery Rock have transferred to Alderson Broaddus

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                    Two of the top three scorers last season for Slippery Rock have transferred to Alderson Broaddus
                    So long as one of them isn't Micah Till, SRU will be fine and just replace them with the next batch. That's just how the Rock rolls. Player retention doesn't exist.

I'd assume one is McDonald as AB wanted him last year. He's not bad (not great, either).
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-26-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Hearing that Kent McBride commit Zyan Collins (Freedom HS) will be attending Cal U this season.

Clarion has reloaded with several really good JUCOs and, at least talent wise, Clarion will not look anything like last year's team. Meshing as a team and winning in the PSAC may be another thing but no way Clarion goes 3-25 like last year. An early season exhibition game at Drexel should tell us something. However, I expect Clarion to be no worse than middle of the pack in the West.

UPJ has some frosh Bigs with good potential coming in but Rukavina likes to develop the young guys with red-shirts. However, he will need at least one of the frosh Bigs to step up right away because the experienced Big cupboard is bare at UPJ.

Hearing that based on past events, Morrow had the potential to be a future headache at IUP and I will just leave it at that and let you do your own internet search.

Salsamendi is confirmed to be enrolled at Gannon but he is STILL on Seton Hill's 2018-19 posted roster so either he is playing for both teams or Seton Hill's athletic department is just pathetic. (I'll go with the latter). Seton Hill brought in zero Bigs. That might be ok if they played UPJ every game but even then, my money is on Rukavina to abuse the newbie head coach at Seton Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                        Hearing that Kent McBride commit Zyan Collins (Freedom HS) will be attending Cal U this season.

Clarion has reloaded with several really good JUCOs and, at least talent wise, Clarion will not look anything like last year's team. Meshing as a team and winning in the PSAC may be another thing but no way Clarion goes 3-25 like last year. An early season exhibition game at Drexel should tell us something. However, I expect Clarion to be no worse than middle of the pack in the West.

UPJ has some frosh Bigs with good potential coming in but Rukavina likes to develop the young guys with red-shirts. However, he will need at least one of the frosh Bigs to step up right away because the experienced Big cupboard is bare at UPJ.

Hearing that based on past events, Morrow had the potential to be a future headache at IUP and I will just leave it at that and let you do your own internet search.

Salsamendi is confirmed to be enrolled at Gannon but he is STILL on Seton Hill's 2018-19 posted roster so either he is playing for both teams or Seton Hill's athletic department is just pathetic. (I'll go with the latter). Seton Hill brought in zero Bigs. That might be ok if they played UPJ every game but even then, my money is on Rukavina to abuse the newbie head coach at Seton Hill.
                        Seton Hill's athletic department blows. I saw Salsamendi at Gannon's workout yesterday. Also, we beat you to the punch with the Morrow headaches. Just wait tilll you see the most recent IUP signing!

Comment

Did any big bodies show up in the Hammermill?

Phoenix still retired?

Comment

Did any big bodies show up in the Hammermill?

Phoenix still retired?
                            Phoenix is done and there is some big bodies but they look raw. They have at least one huge Australian but will he play grind it basketball like Reilly coaches???

Comment

Wonder when any of these covert, top-secret rosters will get posted? Obviously classes have started so anybody playing the first half is already on campus.

IUP's roster is well known minus one late addition that isn't public yet.

Cal is still showing 5 players although we know of at least 6.

Edinboro in Fort Knox mode minus one known high school recruit

SRU had about 5 scheduled to return and two of them now play for Alderson Broaddus

UPJ is posted

Clarion is posted

Seton Hill has a rough draft posted although one of them is practicing at Gannon. Amazing.

Mercyhurst has a rough draft posted

Gannon is not posted although fairly well known. Word is Phoenix did not change his mind and will continue retirement.

The vast majority of the East has posted so this is really just a yearly West thing among this group of coaches. I think they text each other messages saying 'show me yours and I'll show you mine' ... see who cracks first.

Comment

Wonder when any of these covert, top-secret rosters will get posted? Obviously classes have started so anybody playing the first half is already on campus.

IUP's roster is well known minus one late addition that isn't public yet.

Cal is still showing 5 players although we know of at least 6.

Edinboro in Fort Knox mode minus one known high school recruit

SRU had about 5 scheduled to return and two of them now play for Alderson Broaddus

UPJ is posted

Clarion is posted

Seton Hill has a rough draft posted although one of them is practicing at Gannon. Amazing.

Mercyhurst has a rough draft posted

Gannon is not posted although fairly well known. Word is Phoenix did not change his mind and will continue retirement.

The vast majority of the East has posted so this is really just a yearly West thing among this group of coaches. I think they text each other messages saying 'show me yours and I'll show you mine' ... see who cracks first.
                                I'd say it probably comes down to manpower in the SID office. At Edinboro, there is just one full time guy doing everything and one or two grad assistants, which are really just two part-time kids. The focus is probably on the fall sports before they get a chance to prepare for winter sports. And I assume that's the case for most of the other schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X