Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

That was awfully nice (dumb?) of Seton Hill.

Maybe KR would let Micah Till transfer to IUP?

Comment

That kid only played in 5 games. I'm sure with the coaching change, that's why they allowed him to leave.

Comment

He's a good add regardless. I don't think he was healthy last year. His true freshman year he hung about 25 on IUP inside the KCAC. He has a nice shot.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          That was awfully nice (dumb?) of Seton Hill.

Maybe KR would let Micah Till transfer to IUP?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            He's a nice player. It would be big for Gannon if he can play this year. I actually heard from a few GU people, however, that he would be sitting out this year. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I can't even remember the last inter-West transfer in men's basketball.
            Shelby Chaney transferred from Gannon to Mercyhurst in 2007, but that was before the schools were member of the PSAC.

Comment

Correct. Much like Lake Erie and Notre Dame (OH), athletics is merely a vehicle for Seton Hill to get male students.

Comment

That disheartening because you could win down there.

They've had some big wins in their short history. Football beat Slippery Rock (a very strong Rock team that year). Basketball had the big upset against IUP 3 years ago. Baseball is very strong.

It's a nice campus -- secluded from town but very close. The basketball gym is uniquely different. When it's packed it could be the toughest place to play in the entire PSAC. It's like an animal cage. It's tough to play in there. Greensburg is a nice town, too.

Tony Morocco just wasn't getting it done with the talent they had in basketball. They should have been way better. He was in the twilight and just hung around too long. Football ... that current guy has just sunk that program ... yet, still has a job. That was just an awful, awful team last year.

I know they play in a high school stadium but Offit Filed is better than the vast majority of PSAC stadiums. It has a great atmosphere and is scenic. I personally like the (slightly) off-campus, downtown stadium vibe.

Administrations change. Perhaps the next one will be more athletics focused.

Comment

• Comment

That is really good information and analysis. I did not know that things at SHU were in such disarray.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens to UPJ when Bob retires here in the near future.

As for SH ... you have to give the new guy a shot, I suppose. He's certainly not the first coach to get hired here with no PSAC ties.

This 'no full ride' thing keeps getting mentioned. Is it not assumed they just do like Mercyhurst and St. Thugs and put tuition on a Blue-Light Special?

Comment

• https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-4-16-18/. Then, the Navy OPs guy was hired?? Many underestimate how tough a conference the PSAC really is. The SHU job is a tough one for a newbie.

Comment

After last season's goon fest in Greensburg ... I think Bravado Joe is going to welcome him to the PSAC with two 45-point smackdowns this winter. Just a hunch.

Comment

Didn't see last season's "goon fest" but there is no doubt IUPbigINDIANS - I think IUP will definitely run it up vs SHU this season, especially at IUP. SHU's big guy and one of the top shot blockers in the nation, Casson, and all of his back ups have graduated plus no real recruiting class that has been reported. SHU is essentially returning last year's 10-18 team that did not make the PSAC conf tournament minus Casson and Salsamendi (off to Gannon). The SHU smackdowns will not be limited to IUP. SHU may be joining Clarion this year for the race to the bottom.

Agree it will be interesting to see what happens with UPJ/Rukavina in the near future. Year after year he does a solid job with borderline D2 guys but consistently never enough to contend for a PSAC championship. UPJ will be young.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                              Didn't see last season's "goon fest" but there is no doubt IUPbigINDIANS - I think IUP will definitely run it up vs SHU this season, especially at IUP. SHU's big guy and one of the top shot blockers in the nation, Casson, and all of his back ups have graduated plus no real recruiting class that has been reported. SHU is essentially returning last year's 10-18 team that did not make the PSAC conf tournament minus Casson and Salsamendi (off to Gannon). The SHU smackdowns will not be limited to IUP. SHU may be joining Clarion this year for the race to the bottom.

Agree it will be interesting to see what happens with UPJ/Rukavina in the near future. Year after year he does a solid job with borderline D2 guys but consistently never enough to contend for a PSAC championship. UPJ will be young.
                              He lost 2 great players to graduation, but he snagged an exceptional local talent from Central Cambria High School.
                              Matt Holsinger

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
                                He lost 2 great players to graduation, but he snagged an exceptional local talent from Central Cambria High School.
                                Matt Holsinger
                                Word is UPJ also has a very good JUCO PG on the way to campus. The two returning guards, Wise and Magestro, could play for anybody in the Atlantic. The post, however, is going to be a MAJOR problem up in Johnstown this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X