Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Not a peep anywhere about Slippery Rock. Prime JUCO signing season is past ... odd.

This past season was a really strong West. This upcoming season, however, sure doesn't appear to be one.

IUP - Joe's stacked for Dante and Cobo senior season ... keeping all these guys happy with minutes may be the looming issue
    Hummmm...I recall hearing the same thing before last season!!!

Comment

They couldn't have had a worse year despite the final record being decent. Perfect storm of endless crap. I'll say this ... if he doesn't win with this roster ... something is wrong.

I'm just trying to read about anything other than Shepherd. LOL.

It's still 3 months until IUP football starts.

Comment

UPJ announced its (all high school) recruiting class.

* Joe Batt (6'3" guard) - Greenville (PA)

* Matt Holsinger (6'6" forward) - Ebensburg (PA)

* Jared Jakubick (6'4" guard) - Mansfield (OH)

* John Paul Kromka (6'6" forward) - Monroeville (PA)

* Caiden Landis (6'7" forward) - Logan (OH)

* Fred Mulbah (5'9" guard) - Manchester (PA)

Big class and Coach Rukavina has a history of high player retention and development. It could be a good group down the road a year or two.

UPJ has announced two D3 non-conference games (Carlow and PSU-Fayette) and will also play an exhibition against St. Francis (PA) on Dec. 30.

Comment

Per VC, Jason Massey (6'4" SG) is transferring to Mercyhurst from Brown.

Looks like a grad transfer. One year eligibility. Averaged 3.6 ppg and played about 12 mpg last year.

Comment

It seems that grad transfers are starting to become a trend

Comment

Salsamendi has transferred from Seton Hill to Gannon.

That's the first inter-West transfer in quite some time.

He will have to sit out this season.

Comment

Any word out of SRU or Edinboro? You'd have to think they have some players signed by now.

Comment

Any word out of SRU or Edinboro? You'd have to think they have some players signed by now.
                  The only player I know Edinboro has signed is the big kid from Cambridge Springs HS. He's a major project. Slippery Rock, I've heard nothing but you know Kevin Reynolds is bringing in transfers. He's probably just trying to figure out how to jerry rig the numbers.

Comment

I know of the one KR is after (that we discussed) but I haven't seen anything official.

Thing with SRU is you never know who is actually coming back, let alone coming in the door. KR had a lot of spots to fill. In theory, anyway, they had 3 key guys set to return -- Till, McDonald and Simmons. Simmons, of course, almost started the 'Malice in the Palace -- KCAC version' a year ago when he was ready to throw down with Row 1 of Section 112. McDonald is a decent player. His injury last year really hurt them down the stretch.

Anthony Coleman should have a big year for Edinboro but he's going to need some help. With Liggins and Mason gone he's going to draw full attention. I think Jaryn Simpson shows some promise. They need some bigs who can play right away. Staunch, if he plays, is a great burst guy but he's not going to be effective playing 30+ minutes a game. Cleary always finds guards. The post players have been the weakness.

Comment

Any news on the (apparently) extremely secretive rosters (or even schedules) of Slippery Rock and Edinboro?

Comment

Salsamendi has transferred from Seton Hill to Gannon.

That's the first inter-West transfer in quite some time.

He will have to sit out this season.

Comment

He's a nice player. It would be big for Gannon if he can play this year. I actually heard from a few GU people, however, that he would be sitting out this year. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I can't even remember the last inter-West transfer in men's basketball.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 08-06-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

You could be right, I don't have any inside info as to whether he will sit out this year but my guess is if he is immediately eligible, then he is playing this season in light of the players Gannon graduated last year. Also, he does seem to meet the requirements for immediate eligibility under the NCAA rule. I think the immediate eligibility issue within the PSAC conference comes down to whether the transferor school (Seton Hill) has given a release. I don't think he would be at Gannon if Seton Hill did not release him to transfer there.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                              You could be right, I don't have any inside info as to whether he will sit out this year but my guess is if he is immediately eligible, then he is playing this season in light of the players Gannon graduated last year. Also, he does seem to meet the requirements for immediate eligibility under the NCAA rule. I think the immediate eligibility issue within the PSAC conference comes down to whether the transferor school (Seton Hill) has given a release. I don't think he would be at Gannon if Seton Hill did not release him to transfer there.
                              My understanding on releases is that the losing school can put restrictions on which school(s) or conferences that a player can transfer to without sitting out. if Seton Hill gave him a release and did not specifically forbid transfer to Gannon or to "any PSAC West" school, then he should be OK to play this coming season...If Seton Hill DID put those restrictions in, then he will have to sit out a year.

The good thing in DII is that the eligibility "clock" is based on 10 semesters and it "stops" running if a player doesn't participate in team practices/games. D1 eligibility is 5 years and once it starts, it doesn't stop.

Comment

My sources are saying that the kid transferred and is eligible to play immediately.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X