X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    2 questions....

1. If they burn Foster's shirt, are they an Elite 8/ Final 4 team?
    2. If IUP loses to Boro, are we certain they don't fall out of the top 8?

1. Doubtful ... although you can't score if you don't shoot
    2. Hard to say. My hunch is pending there are no surprise winners in the conference tournaments, they will still get in with a loss tomorrow. All but three in the region take another loss this week.

Comment

You can see Joe's interview on the IUP site. It uploaded this morning.
      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-27-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Quite a night in the PSAC.

Kutztown at East Stroudsburg
        -- ESU swept the regular season match-ups (101-95 at ESU and 102-91 at KU). It's highly likely both teams are going to the NCAAs. A 'Round 4' could follow. ESU is very annoying and challenging to play. The 40 minutes of pressure and deep bench wears teams down. The Warriors have went triple-digit twice on the Bears. For Kutztown to win tonight, it can't happen a third time.

Slippery Rock at Gannon

-- The season series was split -- both winning at home. SRU took it to Gannon, physically, pretty good in the first one. Micah Till got in early foul trouble in the rematch (playing just 25 minutes). SRU is a much different team with Till on the pine -- and Gannon has improved drastically as the season has progressed. The Rock is still without guard Aaron McDonald. It's a big one in the Hammermill. Two 20-win teams ... one turns in uniforms tomorrow. Tough game to predict. Gannon is better overall, but it comes down to the Till factor. If he can stay on the floor, SRU can win. God Bless the officials tonight. A lot depends on the referees. If it's a crew that calls everything, it heavily favors Gannon. If the refs let them play and allow SRU to be its preferred physical menace, it changes things.

Shippensburg at West Chester
        -- Two teams heading for the Dance, each team won on its home floor this season. West Chester laid one on the Raiders last week -- winning by 19. Shippensburg shot an ugly 8-for-40 from outside and just 29 percent overall in the loss. That's not likely to happen again tonight. That said, the Rams rarely lose inside Hollinger Field House -- and it will be rocking tonight. Big, rowdy crowds tend to bring the best out of Dustin Sleva. What a Round 2 tournament match-up.

Edinboro at IUP
        -- IUP swept the season series -- winning two thrillers. Of course, Round 3 is a lot different now. IUP star guard Anthony Glover is suspended and will be in street clothes along with Edinboro antagonist Dante Lombardi, out with a broken bone in his hand. That's 35 points out of Joe Lombardi's lineup. Stranger things have happened but the Scots are a rare heavy favorite tonight inside the KCAC. The pressure is on Edinboro, which sometimes can have a negative effect. Nobody expects IUP to win -- or knows how they are going to play. Again, stranger things have happened. Malik Miller gets cut loose tonight for the first time. It's his show now. The hyped but rarely seen Jalen Vaughns is going to get heavy minutes. Cobo Diaz presents a lot of issues. The KCAC crowd got to Jaymon Mason a week ago. Trey Staunch will be a target tonight. Vegas would make Edinboro a 10-12 point favorite (at least). It's Edinboro's game to lose. Can they deal with pressure?

Comment

Am I the only one who takes issue with the seeding, reseeding, not reseeding in the PSAC tournament? The pig tail games, could potentially produce quarter final match ups of
          1 vs 4, & 2 vs 6, but the seeding in the semi's is based off of the highest remaining geographic seed?

Comment

Take last year for instance. IUP vs Ship in the semi's WAS the final. It was a shame they played it on Saturday and not Sunday.

Comment

We take pride in being the biggest league in the NCAA, yet they function like a YMCA rec league. I've not seen the SHU/ Glover stuff, I'd just like an official definition of "probation". I'd be thrilled to have a league office that functioned with transparency, and the best interest of the league. Don't get me started on the Clarion football schedule again, this conference is so good, fun, competitive, and bush league all at the same time

Comment

The key with the IUP/SH mess was nobody from SH got a second technical. I think their previous probation (from the WCU brawl) was likely based on any further ejections.

You'd laugh watching the first technical. For a league to suspend a star player for a postseason game over that lack of an incident ... bush league at its finest. Look how the Gannon/IUP melee was handled. Only one player each suspended for an all-out brawl? Video, of course, was sent to Fort Knox.

Comment

The Gannon/IUP brawl after the game was ridiculously handled just like the Glover situation. Glover should be playing tonight and it's a crime that he isn't!

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                    Am I the only one who takes issue with the seeding, reseeding, not reseeding in the PSAC tournament? The pig tail games, could potentially produce quarter final match ups of
                    1 vs 4, & 2 vs 6, but the seeding in the semi's is based off of the highest remaining geographic seed?
                    The Gannon site says that the Final Four will be reseeded, meaning that it's not a certainty that the winner of GU / Rock gets the winner of ESU / Kutztown. Is that new this year? I thought that it was a hard bracket in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Quite a night in the PSAC.

Kutztown at East Stroudsburg
                      -- ESU swept the regular season match-ups (101-95 at ESU and 102-91 at KU). It's highly likely both teams are going to the NCAAs. A 'Round 4' could follow. ESU is very annoying and challenging to play. The 40 minutes of pressure and deep bench wears teams down. The Warriors have went triple-digit twice on the Bears. For Kutztown to win tonight, it can't happen a third time.

Slippery Rock at Gannon

-- The season series was split -- both winning at home. SRU took it to Gannon, physically, pretty good in the first one. Micah Till got in early foul trouble in the rematch (playing just 25 minutes). SRU is a much different team with Till on the pine -- and Gannon has improved drastically as the season has progressed. The Rock is still without guard Aaron McDonald. It's a big one in the Hammermill. Two 20-win teams ... one turns in uniforms tomorrow. Tough game to predict. Gannon is better overall, but it comes down to the Till factor. If he can stay on the floor, SRU can win. God Bless the officials tonight. A lot depends on the referees. If it's a crew that calls everything, it heavily favors Gannon. If the refs let them play and allow SRU to be its preferred physical menace, it changes things.

Shippensburg at West Chester
                      -- Two teams heading for the Dance, each team won on its home floor this season. West Chester laid one on the Raiders last week -- winning by 19. Shippensburg shot an ugly 8-for-40 from outside and just 29 percent overall in the loss. That's not likely to happen again tonight. That said, the Rams rarely lose inside Hollinger Field House -- and it will be rocking tonight. Big, rowdy crowds tend to bring the best out of Dustin Sleva. What a Round 2 tournament match-up.

Edinboro at IUP
                      -- IUP swept the season series -- winning two thrillers. Of course, Round 3 is a lot different now. IUP star guard Anthony Glover is suspended and will be in street clothes along with Edinboro antagonist Dante Lombardi, out with a broken bone in his hand. That's 35 points out of Joe Lombardi's lineup. Stranger things have happened but the Scots are a rare heavy favorite tonight inside the KCAC. The pressure is on Edinboro, which sometimes can have a negative effect. Nobody expects IUP to win -- or knows how they are going to play. Again, stranger things have happened. Malik Miller gets cut loose tonight for the first time. It's his show now. The hyped but rarely seen Jalen Vaughns is going to get heavy minutes. Cobo Diaz presents a lot of issues. The KCAC crowd got to Jaymon Mason a week ago. Trey Staunch will be a target tonight. Vegas would make Edinboro a 10-12 point favorite (at least). It's Edinboro's game to lose. Can they deal with pressure?
                      I will happily take IUP and 10.5 points tonight. Edinboro is basically three players; I don't see Staunch being a factor tonight. I've seen Edinboro come back from over 30 down to make a game mildly interesting and seen them rally from 15 down to almost win. But any team that falls behind by that many points on a regular basis is not a strong squad. And their propensity to lose close games is not a coincidence either. I don't blame IUP fans for feeling the way that you feel, but from a more neutral perspective, the situation isn't as dire as it may seem.

Four fascinating matchups tonight ... I want to watch all four!

Comment

I don't know ... Staunch has looked real good lately. But, UPJ had nobody to guard him. Their true freshman guard has also emerged the last couple weeks. I also like Mike Beck. I think he's real underrated. IUP barely got by them with Glover and Lombardi both games. Malik both games, also. Malik missed both Gannon games.

I agree they've had their share of moments this year. Take for instance Mercyhurst (of all freaking teams) putting up 93 on them this past weekend (in the Boro).

Tell you what ... if they played this like "Regional Saturday" ... I'd watch all four. Great slate of games. All have good storylines.

Comment

Hawks doing a good job of keeping the ball from Liggins. Hawks not doing a good job of keeping possession of the ball while on offense.

Comment

IUP is unbelievably shorthanded tonight, which has a lot to do with this game, but... How has Pat Cleary not gotten his team to the NCAA Tournament? The shooters, the athletes, the players... Talk about underachieving. I don't know how people haven't ever said something to this effect before. Some of the players he's had. How has he not gotten to the regional?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                              IUP is unbelievably shorthanded tonight, which has a lot to do with this game, but... How has Pat Cleary not gotten his team to the NCAA Tournament? The shooters, the athletes, the players... Talk about underachieving. I don't know how people haven't ever said something to this effect before. Some of the players he's had. How has he not gotten to the regional?
                              They play street ball and don't play D!!!
                              Last edited by IUPalum; 02-28-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                They play street ball and don't play D!!!
                                I'm glad you went back and added the first part of that response lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X