Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The PSAC West preseason first team is usually simple to pick. Not so much this year.

The three obvious picks:

F - Cobo Diaz, IUP
    F - Micah Till, Slippery Rock
    G - Anthony Coleman, Edinboro

There are a lot of flashy imports on rosters but none of them -- historically -- will be given any preseason accolades. I'd propose Malik Miller (IUP) and Drew Magestro (UPJ). That said, I could see the final two being Dante Lombardi (IUP) and Trevor Blondin (Seton Hill).
    Obviously there's no way to gauge how transfers will fit in and everything, but John Warren, the SRU transfer from Augustana, would've likely been 1st-team All-NSIC this year (he was Honorable Mention All-NSIC this past season as a junior), so I won't be shocked if he is an impact player right away for the...Rocks? Rockers? Slippers? I don't know SRU's mascot.

The flip side is that he would've been the top dog at Augie this year and, based on what everyone says about Micah Till, probably won't be the top dog at SRU, so it's possible he'll just be an above-average role player for the Slippery Eels (still haven't googled the SRU mascot).

All that being said, I highly doubt he would be preseason all-conference for the PSAC, as none of the coaches in that area are probably particularly familiar with him or his skill level. I'll be curious to see how he does or doesn't fit in to an entirely different conference/region.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 10-04-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Why did he leave?

SRU is good but viewed as the Island of Misfit Toys.

Comment

Why did he leave?

SRU is good but viewed as the Island of Misfit Toys.
        To quote my friend Augieholic from the Central Region side of things:

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        I dont know any specifics but my educated guess is that John left because he thought he might get a D1 offer that obviously never came.

Comment

The PSAC West preseason first team is usually simple to pick. Not so much this year.

The three obvious picks:

F - Cobo Diaz, IUP
          F - Micah Till, Slippery Rock
          G - Anthony Coleman, Edinboro

There are a lot of flashy imports on rosters but none of them -- historically -- will be given any preseason accolades. I'd propose Malik Miller (IUP) and Drew Magestro (UPJ). That said, I could see the final two being Dante Lombardi (IUP) and Trevor Blondin (Seton Hill).
          I'll put the spotlight on Frank Webb with this one. Best pure athlete at guard in PSAC. Now that he has a year getting acquainted with expectations at Gannon, he will see plenty of time without the roller coaster of playing time that he saw last year. Strength, speed, quickness on both ends of the court. Can go left or right attacking the basket, which should be an expectation at this level but is not consistently seen. I've seen what he can do for too long. You don't want him on the other side of the floor from you.

Comment

Isn't his biggest issue staying out of Reilly's doghouse?

Big-time talent ... no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by quannis View Post
              I'll put the spotlight on Frank Webb with this one. Best pure athlete at guard in PSAC. Now that he has a year getting acquainted with expectations at Gannon, he will see plenty of time without the roller coaster of playing time that he saw last year. Strength, speed, quickness on both ends of the court. Can go left or right attacking the basket, which should be an expectation at this level but is not consistently seen. I've seen what he can do for too long. You don't want him on the other side of the floor from you.
              I agree that Webb will turn some heads in the PSAC in 18-19, but I don't see him on the preseason all PSAC west team. A player needs to have a full, consistent season under his belt to get the exposure needed for preseason all-conference. He'll surely have his shot at all conference when the season is over.

Comment

Nice story coming out of Millersville.

http://www.wbal.com/article/342650/3...ll-scholarship

Comment

IUP men picked first in West by coaches.

WCU men first in East.

Interesting Joe got 8 votes. He can't vote for his own team. Mercyhurst got the other (1) vote.

Comment

IUP men picked first in West by coaches.

WCU men first in East.

Interesting Joe got 8 votes. He can't vote for his own team. Mercyhurst got the other (1) vote.
                    That's probably being a funny guy and refusing to vote for Kevin Reynolds.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      That's probably being a funny guy and refusing to vote for Kevin Reynolds.
                      LOL ... first thing I thought of, too.

The coaches mangle these every year. No doubt some spite gets involved in the voting.

Comment

Coaches' Preseason Poll:

West

1. IUP (8)
                        2. Slippery Rock
                        3. Gannon
                        4. Mercyhurst (1)
                        5. California
                        6. UPJ
                        7. Edinboro
                        8. Seton Hill
                        9. Clarion

East

1. West Chester (6)
                        2. East Stroudsburg (1)
                        3. Shippensburg (1)
                        4. Kutztown
                        5. Millersville
                        6. Bloomsburg
                        T-7 Lock Haven
                        T-7 Mansfield

Comment

Coaches' Preseason Poll:

West

1. IUP (8)
                          2. Slippery Rock
                          3. Gannon
                          4. Mercyhurst (1)
                          5. California
                          6. UPJ
                          7. Edinboro
                          8. Seton Hill
                          9. Clarion

East

1. West Chester (6)
                          2. East Stroudsburg (1)
                          3. Shippensburg (1)
                          4. Kutztown
                          5. Millersville
                          6. Bloomsburg
                          T-7 Lock Haven
                          T-7 Mansfield
                          Beyond surprised that the VULCANS off 11-17 and this spring's coaching chaos are that high. I realize it means zip but what do the coaches know that no one else does. Puzzling ???

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                            Beyond surprised that the VULCANS off 11-17 and this spring's coaching chaos are that high. I realize it means zip but what do the coaches know that no one else does. Puzzling ???
                            Likely nothing and Danny is getting tossed some bones. He's new. They don't hate him yet. The West has some major ego's in the coaching ranks. They butcher these bad every year. I do think, however, from 4-9 is fairly interchangeable.

Comment

Likely nothing and Danny is getting tossed some bones. He's new. They don't hate him yet. The West has some major ego's in the coaching ranks. They butcher these bad every year. I do think, however, from 4-9 is fairly interchangeable.
                              3-9 is interchangable. If Gannon's vast array of newbies don't get Reilly's defensive schemes early on, the Knights can dig themselves quite a hole and never escape.

Comment

From what I heard, Cal did not look bad at all against WL in a scrimmage this week. Actually up by 2 at the half. Lost by about 15...WL did not shoot the 3 well though. All hear say if anyone can validate.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X