Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say the Bowie State vs Shippensburg score (47-39).

Haven't seen a final score like that since Gannon and Mercyhurst used to play 'first to 35 wins'.

Comment

• Finals (Men's)

Ship 70
      Clarion 61

Gannon 77
      LH 71

IUP 81
      Millersville 58

WCU 95
      SH 82

SRU 76
      Wheeling 71

Mercyhurst 92
      Mansfield 63

UPJ 65
      Shep 64

Comment

• Gannon finally had a full squad. Was in control most of the game but let LHU make it way too interesting down the stretch in a contest that had 49 fouls and 51 free throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
          Gannon finally had a full squad. Was in control most of the game but let LHU make it way too interesting down the stretch in a contest that had 49 fouls and 51 free throws.
          National Championship here they come!

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
            Gannon finally had a full squad. Was in control most of the game but let LHU make it way too interesting down the stretch in a contest that had 49 fouls and 51 free throws.
            I watched Lock Haven play Edinboro this year. They have a couple nice players. I could see them pulling an upset or two. They actually played Mercyhurst tough for about 34 minutes or so.

Comment

• Updated PSAC West (Men's) Standings:
              TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK D3 WINS This Weekend
              IUP 3-0 8-0 W8 0 Shepherd & Shippensburg
              Mercyhurst 3-0 9-0 W9 2 Bloomsburg & ESU
              Pitt-Johnstown 3-0 7-2 W3 1 Shippensburg & LH
              Slippery Rock 3-0 7-2 W4 2 Kutztown & West Chester
              Gannon 2-1 5-2 W1 1 Mansfield & Bloomsburg
              California 1-1 6-2 W1 1 WCU and Millersville
              Edinboro 1-1 3-3 W1 0 ESU & Kutztown
              Clarion 0-3 4-4 L3 2 LH & Mansfield
              Seton Hill 0-3 0-8 L8 0 Millersville & Shepherd

Comment

• Updated PSAC East (Men's) Standings
                TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK D3 WINS
                Shippensburg 2-1 5-3 W3 0
                East Stroudsburg 2-1 4-3 W4 0
                Kutztown 1-1 4-4 W2 1
                Millersville 1-2 6-2 L2 1
                West Chester 1-2 6-2 W1 0
                Lock Haven 1-2 4-3 L3 0
                Shepherd 1-2 5-4 L2 0
                Bloomsburg 0-2 1-5 L2 0
                Mansfield 0-3 1-8 L3 0

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Updated PSAC West (Men's) Standings:
                  TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK D3 WINS This Weekend
                  IUP 3-0 8-0 W8 0 Shepherd & Shippensburg
                  Mercyhurst 3-0 9-0 W9 2 Bloomsburg & ESU
                  Pitt-Johnstown 3-0 7-2 W3 1 Shippensburg & LH
                  Slippery Rock 3-0 7-2 W4 2 Kutztown & West Chester
                  Gannon 2-1 5-2 W1 1 Mansfield & Bloomsburg
                  California 1-1 6-2 W1 1 WCU and Millersville
                  Edinboro 1-1 3-3 W1 0 ESU & Kutztown
                  Clarion 0-3 4-4 L3 2 LH & Mansfield
                  Seton Hill 0-3 0-8 L8 0 Millersville & Shepherd
                  Looking at this...

Gannon should roll out two wins.

Hurst should be good for 2 wins unless ESU turns it on.

IUP has two tough games but at worst splits.

Cal also has two tough ones.

A lot could be determined moving forward after this wekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Looking at this...

Gannon should roll out two wins.

Hurst should be good for 2 wins unless ESU turns it on.

IUP has two tough games but at worst splits.

Cal also has two tough ones.

A lot could be determined moving forward after this wekend.

Definitely some big games this weekend.

Shippensburg at UPJ should be a toss-up. If UPJ has a Sunday hangover, Lock Haven may give them a run.

IUP will be tested both days. Sunday should have a 'big game' vibe to it.

Curious to see how Slippery Rock handles the big guys from Kutztown and West Chester. This isn't a KR type of SRU anymore.

Gannon should hammer both Mansfield and Bloomsburg.

California has a tough back-to-back with West Chester and Millersville. The 'Ville will get a tune-up in Greensburg prior to the trip down to the Mon Valley.

I suspect Edinboro will get swept.

Clarion should get a split and Seton Hill will get hammered both games.

Mercyhurst will smash Bloomsburg but could get a run from ESU.

Comment

• Comment

• Other than ESU they got all the top teams from the East this year.

Tough year to get all the good East teams in crossover because the West is going to be a brutal stretch.

I think with Joe's revamped roster I figured they'd have to close out the regular season 15-6. They got a big win out of the way the other night against Millersville. I think 'as is' they will go at least 15-6 down the stretch. But, they have to stay 100% healthy. That means no unnecessary risks (like we saw Tuesday night). You can't get hurt on the bench. Nobody is coming back from 23 points with 90 seconds to go. I don't care if Joe puts in me, you, an usher, the hot dog salesman and Jack Benedict to play that last two minutes. Get the stars out of there.

Comment

• How are your crossovers determined? Is it like the NFL, where it's determined by last year's record (meaning that a Mansfield never has to waste its time/money coming to Indiana)? Or is it determined by a rotation (where Mansfield has to buckle down for a hammering by IUP every 5-6 years or whatever)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                            How are your crossovers determined? Is it like the NFL, where it's determined by last year's record (meaning that a Mansfield never has to waste its time/money coming to Indiana)? Or is it determined by a rotation (where Mansfield has to buckle down for a hammering by IUP every 5-6 years or whatever)?
                            Just like football ... it's a rotating cycle.

This particular year we are seeing a lot of the marquee match-ups. That doesn't always happen.

They play (6) crossovers a year. For example, this year IUP is playing everybody in the East except Mansfield, Bloomsburg and East Stroudsburg.

One advantage, I suppose, of having such a large conference is you don't have to book so many non-conference games.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Just like football ... it's a rotating cycle.

This particular year we are seeing a lot of the marquee match-ups. That doesn't always happen.

They play (6) crossovers a year. For example, this year IUP is playing everybody in the East except Mansfield, Bloomsburg and East Stroudsburg.

One advantage, I suppose, of having such a large conference is you don't have to book so many non-conference games.
                              Having the conference basically within one state and scheduling some of the crossovers as weekend doubleheaders also cuts travel expenses, although it can result in a stretch like Ship is currently wading through (four games in seven days). I'm very grateful that Bowie State was weaker than usual this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Having the conference basically within one state and scheduling some of the crossovers as weekend doubleheaders also cuts travel expenses, although it can result in a stretch like Ship is currently wading through (four games in seven days). I'm very grateful that Bowie State was weaker than usual this year.
                                Bowie State is always a dangerous game.

Obviously at 2-8 they are down this year. But, they don't lay down.

They play anybody, anywhere. They could pull a Slippery Rock and take a tour of the PSU branch campuses, but they schedule the big boys.

Non-conf this year: IUP, WL, Mercyhurst, Ship..

They earn respect.
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-16-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X