Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Shepherd men and women both lost at Seton Hill today.

Sure didn't see either of those happening.
    Wow!

GU men roll easily again. Pretty easy draw this weekend. Ali Ragab with 15 points 11 boards and 3 blocks off the bench. Allowed only 15 points in first half. Giving up 21 offensive rebounds was a problem though.

Gannon ladies in control most of the way. Could have led by more than 10 in first half but it really was never in doubt.

Comment

Shepherd men and women both lost at Seton Hill today.

Sure didn't see either of those happening.
      Women's loss probably surprises me more. Maybe their heads got big after beating Gannon and IUP.

Comment

• Boro men went 2-1 on the weekend. Not the combination I thought they'd go but I'll take it.

Comment

• Updated Men's Standings

WEST
          TEAM PSAC OVERALL
          Slippery Rock 5-0 9-2
          Mercyhurst 4-1 10-1
          IUP 4-1 9-1
          Gannon 4-1 7-2
          UPJ 4-1 8-3
          Edinboro 3-2 5-4
          California 2-2 7-3
          Clarion 2-3 6-4
          Seton Hill 1-4 1-9

EAST
          TEAM PSAC OVERALL
          Shippensburg 4-1 7-3
          East Stroudsburg 3-2 5-4
          Millersville 2-3 7-3
          West Chester 2-3 7-3
          Kutztown 1-3 4-6
          Shepherd 1-4 5-6
          Lock Haven 1-4 4-5
          Bloomsburg 1-4 2-7
          Mansfield 0-5 1-10

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Women's loss probably surprises me more. Maybe their heads got big after beating Gannon and IUP.
            They only have 5 games left that seem competitive--H/H vs KUTZ and SHIP plus a visit from CAL. If they can win 3-5 there's a good chance the PSAC CHAMPIONSHIP will be at BUTCHER AC.

Comment

• That's a pretty odd look, IUPbig, with Rock sitting (temporarily) atop the West. Also quite the reversal of fortunes for both ESU and 'Ville in the East after their respective starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

They only have 5 games left that seem competitive--H/H vs KUTZ and SHIP plus a visit from CAL. If they can win 3-5 there's a good chance the PSAC CHAMPIONSHIP will be at BUTCHER AC.
                Ship took a big loss against IUP Sunday and I doubt they'll be competitive against Shepherd without Jones. You don't shake off the loss of a 2,000-point scorer too easily, and Shepherd might have been the better team even if Jones were playing. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                  That's a pretty odd look, IUPbig, with Rock sitting (temporarily) atop the West. Also quite the reversal of fortunes for both ESU and 'Ville in the East after their respective starts.
                  I'm lost for an explanation on Millersville. They've lost 3 of 4 (and struggled with Seton Hill in the win). They got blown out by UPJ and IUP, and lost to a Pegram-less Cal.

Hard to say ... that's a talented roster. Not sure what's going on there.

Comment

Updated Men's Standings

WEST
                    TEAM PSAC OVERALL
                    Slippery Rock 5-0 9-2
                    Mercyhurst 4-1 10-1
                    IUP 4-1 9-1
                    Gannon 4-1 7-2
                    UPJ 4-1 8-3
                    Edinboro 3-2 5-4
                    California 2-2 7-3
                    Clarion 2-3 6-4
                    Seton Hill 1-4 1-9

EAST
                    TEAM PSAC OVERALL
                    Shippensburg 4-1 7-3
                    East Stroudsburg 3-2 5-4
                    Millersville 2-3 7-3
                    West Chester 2-3 7-3
                    Kutztown 1-3 4-6
                    Shepherd 1-4 5-6
                    Lock Haven 1-4 4-5
                    Bloomsburg 1-4 2-7
                    Mansfield 0-5 1-10
                    Interesting standings. Mercyhurst and IUP are clearly the two most talented teams Ship has played in the West and likely the two best in the PSAC when they're on their game. Gannon has some good young talent. UPJ looks pretty lost if one of its bigs misses a game or gets into foul trouble. The return of Biss has obviously put Ship back into the mix. The East teams have had some odd performances thus far, but I suspect several of those teams, especially East Stroud, are better than their record would indicate. Wilson's end to end style is rare in the PSAC and always difficult to play against. The wild card is the likely spread of the new Covid variant in January, which is already affecting sports in the upper echelon.

Comment

• Updated WOMEN'S standings

WEST
                      TEAM PSAC OVERALL
                      IUP 4-1 10-1
                      Gannon 4-1 8-1
                      Seton Hill 4-1 9-4
                      California 3-1 8-1
                      Slippery Rock 3-2 7-3
                      Edinboro 3-2 5-3
                      Mercyhurst 3-2 5-6
                      UPJ 2-3 4-7
                      Clarion 1-2 2-8
                      EAST
                      Shepherd 4-1 10-1
                      Kutztown 3-1 10-3
                      Shippensburg 3-2 7-4
                      Bloomsburg 2-3 4-7
                      Lock Haven 1-3 4-3
                      Mansfield 1-3 2-6
                      West Chester 1-4 3-7
                      Millersville 0-5 1-8
                      East Stroudsburg 0-5 0-7

Comment

Interesting standings. Mercyhurst and IUP are clearly the two most talented teams Ship has played in the West and likely the two best in the PSAC when they're on their game. Gannon has some good young talent. UPJ looks pretty lost if one of its bigs misses a game or gets into foul trouble. The return of Biss has obviously put Ship back into the mix. The East teams have had some odd performances thus far, but I suspect several of those teams, especially East Stroud, are better than their record would indicate. Wilson's end to end style is rare in the PSAC and always difficult to play against. The wild card is the likely spread of the new Covid variant in January, which is already affecting sports in the upper echelon.
                        Perfect time for a 3-week break?!

Comment

Ship took a big loss against IUP Sunday and I doubt they'll be competitive against Shepherd without Jones. You don't shake off the loss of a 2,000-point scorer too easily, and Shepherd might have been the better team even if Jones were playing. Hope I'm wrong.
                          I don't watch a ton of the ladies but the one thing I know for sure ... is you cannot play a zone against IUP. They will kill you from the outside. Ship oddly stayed in that zone most of the game yesterday.

Tom doesn't lose many games but the games he does ... come against teams that really pressure their guards and force them to work the ball inside. Tom's primary offense is more like the old Normal Dale / Hoosiers ... 4-5 passes, work the shot clock and then a deep shot.

I found it very, very odd Ship's coach kept them in that zone. Courtney Alexander obviously had a field day with it by hitting 9 treys.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Perfect time for a 3-week break?!
                            Might be, although the athletes being isolated on campus the past week with the other students home on break might have been the safest thing for them. Going home and getting out among holiday celebrants probably gives them a greater chance of picking up Covid.

Comment

I don't watch a ton of the ladies but the one thing I know for sure ... is you cannot play a zone against IUP. They will kill you from the outside. Ship oddly stayed in that zone most of the game yesterday.

Tom doesn't lose many games but the games he does ... come against teams that really pressure their guards and force them to work the ball inside. Tom's primary offense is more like the old Normal Dale / Hoosiers ... 4-5 passes, work the shot clock and then a deep shot.

I found it very, very odd Ship's coach kept them in that zone. Courtney Alexander obviously had a field day with it by hitting 9 treys.
                              Sounds weird. I didn't see the game and obviously have no idea why they played the defense they did. I suppose she had her reasons.

Comment

Might be, although the athletes being isolated on campus the past week with the other students home on break might have been the safest thing for them. Going home and getting out among holiday celebrants probably gives them a greater chance of picking up Covid.
                                Good point. These campuses are like ghost towns.

Has anybody seen much mask enforcement at games? IUP is doing the public service announcements about wearing them but maybe 20% of the crowd is actually complying. Other than the announcements they aren't actually enforcing anything. I guess they can say they tried. CYA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X