Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

Drew Magestro didn't play for UPJ. He's one of their top returners. Could be something to monitor.

Pitt was up 20 at the half. The second half UPJ outscored them 35-34 although it looks like Pitt gave a lot of guys minutes.

UPJ is very young this year.

I so wish IUP could have played Pitt this year.

Comment

Opening Weekend

IUP: Concord, Virginia State -----> Not easy but 2-0 is the theme

UPJ: Virginia State, Concord -----> Brutal start for the young UPJ squad

SRU: Notre Dame (OH), Fairmont State -----> Who knows what to expect after the KR debacle. A split would be huge for SRU.

Gannon: Wheeling Jesuit, Shepherd -------> GU has to be thinking a 2-0 start here although that may hinge on Webb's foot being out of a boot.

Mercyhurst: Fredonia ------> Fredonia is listing this as a scrimmage. Mercyhurst is showing it as a real game. Should be a beating either way.

Seton Hill: Glenville State, Charleston ------> We'll see what SH has real quick. Likely 0-2. Glenville is a sleeper.

California: Fairmont State, Notre Dame (OH) -------> Two tough opponents for Sancomb debut ... of course he's very familiar with both.

Edinboro: Thiel ------> Will Staunch play football during the afternoon and basketball at night? Blah opener.

Clarion: Norfolk State (exb) ----> exhibition
      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-09-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Opening Weekend

Edinboro: Thiel ------> Will Staunch play football during the afternoon and basketball at night? Blah opener.

Kinda living the Dream if he does.

Comment

Very few people are going to games regardless of the opponent. I'd rather they try to draw a local crowd than play some school that nobody in NWPA has heard of or cares about. Thiel is 40 miles away. I'd say the only better non-conference game they could get to draw a crowd on a snowy November 10 evening would be Penn State Behrend or Allegheny. Both are DIII but would bring 50-100 people with them. That's 50-100 paying customers more than Bowie State or U Sciences or Ashland.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Very few people are going to games regardless of the opponent. I'd rather they try to draw a local crowd than play some school that nobody in NWPA has heard of or cares about. Thiel is 40 miles away. I'd say the only better non-conference game they could get to draw a crowd on a snowy November 10 evening would be Penn State Behrend or Allegheny. Both are DIII but would bring 50-100 people with them. That's 50-100 paying customers more than Bowie State or U Sciences or Ashland.
            How can they fix that issue? I thought they were drawing better last year?

I said 'blah' referring to it's a game Boro should win by 20-25+ ... not so much the opponent or crowd.

Comment

How can they fix that issue? I thought they were drawing better last year?

I said 'blah' referring to it's a game Boro should win by 20-25+ ... not so much the opponent or crowd.
              Yeah up slightly - about 80/game. They've been averaging around 425 for the past decade. I think you can go for the tougher opponents at home once you start building a following. Sometimes you need to leverage familiarity to get butts in the seats. The irregular attenders and randoms are more likely to show up when their nephew's friend is playing nearby. I guarantee you that they would draw more for Behrend than they would for West Liberty.

Comment

Was Staunch on the football field last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  Yes, he played.

Comment

Boro plays at 7 p.m. tomorrow so Staunch could play ... I doubt he does but that would likely give him some type of school record -- starting a Boro varsity football and basketball game on the same day.

Comment

Yes, he played.
                      Oh, so he was a non factor then. Got it!!!

Comment

Oh, so he was a non factor then. Got it!!!
                        He's on OL. You only notice when they screw up.

Comment

SCORES

Gannon 90 Wheeling Jesuit 75

UPJ 59 Virginia State 58 ---------> HUGE upset

Kutztown 107 West Liberty 97 ----> KU's Anthony Lee went for 41

Notre Dame 77 Slippery Rock 75 -----> Till went for 31 but Vorhees went for 29 & 14

Shepherd 81 Millersville 73

Mercyhurst 95 Fredonia 36 -------> Lake Show won't score 95 in its next two games combined

IUP 83 Concord 72 ---> Bolte got his 29 but IUP got the W

West Virginia Wesleyan 80 West Chester 72 ----------------------> wow .. Rams pounded on glass, 48-23

Glenville 100 Seton Hill 93 ----> Nathan Davis with 30 for SH

Fairmont State 86 California 70
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-09-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

East Stroudsburg vs Shaw (Sunday) ... Shaw loaded with high-end imports

Ship vs Va Union ... Day 1 post Sleva and McCarther

Fairmont vs Slippery Rock ... Rock poses issues for any team

IUP vs Va State .... expecting a different Va State tonight

WL vs WCU .... both gonna be fired up

Gannon vs Shepherd

Kutz vs WVW

Big ones today
                            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-10-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

St. Augustine's 77 East Stroudsburg 65 -----> yikes

West Virginia Wesleyan 74 Kutztown 72 ----> wow

Virginia Union 75 Lock Haven 65

Shaw 91 Mansfield 77

Charleston 100 Seton Hill 76 ---> Griffins give up 3 digits both games this weekend

Millersville 91 Wheeling Jesuit 71

West Liberty 94 West Chester 80 ---------> WCU 0-2

Concord 81 UPJ 72

Shepherd 66 Gannon 60

Notre Dame 73 Cal 61

Norfolk State 74 Clarion 46 (Exhibition)

Edinboro 81 Thiel 63

IUP 69 Virginia State 67 -----> VSU 0-2

Ship 65 Virginia Union 60

Fairmont 82 SRU 79
                              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-10-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Wlu beat west Chester 94-80.
                                Led by as many as 20 in second half before winning by 14. Forced turnovers with pressure

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X