• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

ESU 39
    SRU 29

Half

Rock lack of continuity glaringly obvious. Playing against ESU pressure takes poise.

Anything possible but I'd be shocked if SRU can pull this off.

Comment

82-66 ESU crushes The Rock. SRU tried to intimidate the Warriors with their physical style, but the guys in stripes ended the chippy play early by handing out a technical foul to each team. ESU played smart and used their speed to get open looks all over the floor. SRU tried to double and triple team ESU, but the Warriors more often than not made them pay for that. Considering that this guard-led team is missing two key players from last year's team, and Freshman Ryan Smith, who was limited because of illness, the Warriors are playing great basketball right now...The team is gelling early, and that could mean trouble for the rest of the conference.

Comment

When the zebra's control the game it is a major hindrance to the SRU street ball / goon style.

If forced to play a clean game that's the result you'll see a lot.

SRU drops to 2-5 and 0-5 against D2 competition.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          When the zebra's control the game it is a major hindrance to the SRU street ball / goon style.

If forced to play a clean game that's the result you'll see a lot.

SRU drops to 2-5 and 0-5 against D2 competition.

Holding Micah Till to just 7 points helped too!

Comment

I watched as much of it as I could ... probably 35 of the 40 minutes.

A team of mercenary types won't ever beat an established team like ESU. The only chance would be if it was at SRU and refs let them goon it up (it happens).

Fundamentally, ESU was just leaps and bounds ahead of SRU.

SRU has individual talent, but 'team' talent is nowhere to be found.

They 'may' -- and it's becoming a giant 'may' -- figure some things out by January. The trouble with a team of cast-offs who are off to a horrible start is how long will they stay interested -- especially the ones not playing much?

The EAST is going to be a pure dogfight this year.

Comment

I watched as much of it as I could ... probably 35 of the 40 minutes.

A team of mercenary types won't ever beat an established team like ESU. The only chance would be if it was at SRU and refs let them goon it up (it happens).

Fundamentally, ESU was just leaps and bounds ahead of SRU.

SRU has individual talent, but 'team' talent is nowhere to be found.

They 'may' -- and it's becoming a giant 'may' -- figure some things out by January. The trouble with a team of cast-offs who are off to a horrible start is how long will they stay interested -- especially the ones not playing much?

The EAST is going to be a pure dogfight this year.
              Wonder how much that played in the player revolt against Reynolds? When you bring in a bunch of players who just want to be stars, they do have a tendency to "spit the bit" when you try to rain them in. Quite possible that Reynolds wanted them to do some things that they just didn't want to do (pass the ball, play defense, play some sort of structured offense, etc) so they revolted. Looks like the new Prez sniffed the chance to get rid of Reynolds and he caved in to the player pressure.

Comment

The makeup of this team is no different than the past 10 up there.

Reynolds IS a very good, in-game basketball coach. No denying it. His absence is why this team is 2-5. The other stuff is up for debate.

That's just not a good X's and O's team right now. They were completely lost trying to break the ESU press all night depsite having 8 days to prepare. They continued jacking terrible deep shots instead of pounding the ball. Their use of timeouts was way off.

It was the first time I watched them all year. Granted, ESU causes a lot of havoc. But, they looked lost on both ends. The normal SRU intesnity wasn't there. That's a KR factor.

They have some ballooned stats due to the two D3 games. Take them out and their numbers are pretty bad.

It's actually an intriguing story to watch unfold. I kept thinking it would come together but after seeing them I'm not so sure.

Comment

I watched the game as well and SRU looked like a ship without a captain. They were very disorganized and almost seemed to play the game like it was a pickup or blacktop game. It was not what I am used to seeing from them.

Comment

Some (depressing) average attendance numbers so far this season:

IUP: 857
                    Mansfield: 599
                    Kutztown: 513
                    Mercyhurst: 511
                    SRU: 485
                    Gannon: 482
                    Edinboro: 420
                    ESU: 385
                    Ship: 365
                    Bloom: 283
                    Millersville: 281
                    West Chester: 246
                    UPJ: 175
                    California: 157
                    Clarion: 109
                    Lock Haven: 72
                    Seton Hill: One home game / not reported

The Thanksgiving games didn't do any favors but with the break coming ... these may get REAL ugly. Plenty of good seats available at Lock Haven.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-05-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Some (depressing) average attendance numbers so far this season:

IUP: 857
                      Mansfield: 599
                      Kutztown: 513
                      Mercyhurst: 511
                      SRU: 485
                      Gannon: 482
                      Edinboro: 420
                      ESU: 385
                      Ship: 365
                      Bloom: 283
                      Millersville: 281
                      West Chester: 246
                      UPJ: 175
                      Clarion: 109
                      Lock Haven: 72
                      Seton Hill: One home game / not reported

The Thanksgiving games didn't do any favors but with the break coming ... these may get REAL ugly. Plenty of good seats available at Lock Haven.
                      Do you despise Cal that much? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                        Do you despise Cal that much? ;)
                        I fixed it. Although the Cal fans may have prefered I didn't.

Comment

I fixed it. Although the Cal fans may have prefered I didn't.
                          Just to put things into perspective, Cheyney (1-7) is averaging 167 at their home games.

Comment

Lock Haven 60 Gannon 57

SRU 78 West Chester 64

UPJ 109 Kutztown 97

Mercyhurst 95 Bloomsburg 47
                            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-08-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

ESU is cutting through the West like a hot knife through butter. Their 86-76 win over Edinboro makes them 3-0 in the PSAC. Today the front court combination of Fr Ryan Smith and Jr Michael Weiss went 9-13, with 19 points. ESU forced 30 turnovers, and scored 30 points off those turnovers. 4 Warriors scored in double figures, and they shot better than 50% from the field today. An impressive start for a team that is still shorthanded. Tough trips to Seton Hill and California next week await the Warriors, but at this point, I think this team might be better than last year's Elite Eight team...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                                ESU is cutting through the West like a hot knife through butter. Their 86-76 win over Edinboro makes them 3-0 in the PSAC. Today the front court combination of Fr Ryan Smith and Jr Michael Weiss went 9-13, with 19 points. ESU forced 30 turnovers, and scored 30 points off those turnovers. 4 Warriors scored in double figures, and they shot better than 50% from the field today. An impressive start for a team that is still shorthanded. Tough trips to Seton Hill and California next week await the Warriors, but at this point, I think this team might be better than last year's Elite Eight team...
                                Easy, Tiger. ESU has one quality win (Mercyhurst). Check out the records of the teams you've beat so far. Schedule has been light. Edinboro star didn't play again. That's the first time a Cal and SH road trip will be called tough. Lol. They are 2-16 combined. Millersville beat SH by about a hundred today.

I know ESU is very good. But to compare them to an E8 team after beating a bunch of well below .500 teams is premature.
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-08-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X