Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Easy, Tiger. ESU has one quality win (Mercyhurst). Check out the records of the teams you've beat so far. Schedule has been light. Edinboro star didn't play again. That's the first time a Cal and SH road trip will be called tough. Lol. They are 2-16 combined. Millersville beat SH by about a hundred today.

I know ESU is very good. But to compare them to an E8 team after beating a bunch of well below .500 teams is premature.

I've also seen every game they've played. How many times have you seen them this year? Ryan Smith and Michael Weiss have more than adequately filled the holes left by Steve Harris and Kobi Nwandu. Marc Rodriguez hasn't played a minute after having a stellar Freshman season, and Kitt Walls is also sidelined. If you had told me they wouldn't be in the lineup, I never would imagine them getting off to this start. They're playing way over MY expectations for the team, which is why I'll gladly stand by my statement.
    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-08-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      I've also seen every game they've played. How many times have you seen them this year? Ryan Smith and Michael Weiss have more than adequately filled the holes left by Steve Harris and Kobi Nwandu. Marc Rodriguez hasn't played a minute after having a stellar Freshman season, and Kitt Walls is also sidelined. If you had told me they wouldn't be in the lineup, I never would imagine them getting off to this start. They're playing way over MY expectations for the team, which is why I'll gladly stand by my statement.
      I'll trust your opinion. I wasn't knocking them. But, your comparison was quite lofty. They were real good last year.

The East is going to be incredible to watch this year. Lot of dog fights ahead. WCU, Kuztown and Ship all lost today. The West regained some street cred although it does have some pretty bad teams this year (so far). This could finally be the game that gets SRU back alive. That was a real big win for them.

I will admit I was very impressed with Shippensburg. They just ran out of gas and IUP hammered them in the second half by 16 points. They are a very tough out.

Millersville is also capable of being sneaky good. The EAST is really loaded. No denying.

Lock Haven got a big win at the Hammermill today, too.

Comment

Anthony Lee scored 50 in the KU loss at UPJ yesterday.

UPJ scored 66 of its 109 in the second half.

Comment

UPJ is an interesting team. I wasn't impressed with them opening weekend but they seem to compete every game and have some big wins. Don't sleep on them.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
            UPJ is an interesting team. I wasn't impressed with them opening weekend but they seem to compete every game and have some big wins. Don't sleep on them.
            UPJ hit 32 of 39 FTs yesterday. 32 points in FTs. Insane. That's almost a Gannon game score.

They hit 28 of 32 FTs in the second half.

Comment

Some (depressing) average attendance numbers so far this season:

IUP: 857
              Mansfield: 599
              Kutztown: 513
              Mercyhurst: 511
              SRU: 485
              Gannon: 482
              Edinboro: 420
              ESU: 385
              Ship: 365
              Bloom: 283
              Millersville: 281
              West Chester: 246
              UPJ: 175
              California: 157
              Clarion: 109
              Lock Haven: 72
              Seton Hill: One home game / not reported

The Thanksgiving games didn't do any favors but with the break coming ... these may get REAL ugly. Plenty of good seats available at Lock Haven.
              Not to make anyone feel worse ... but Penn State-Harrisburg is averaging 450-500.

Comment

UPDATED STANDINGS

EAST

East Stroudsburg (3-0, 6-2) - Six straight wins ... heavy favorite in next four games prior to Shippensburg trip Jan. 5
                Shippensburg (2-1, 8-2) - at Gannon, at Clarion and Mercyhurst before New Year's Eve
                Millersville (2-1, 5-4) - Tough game at UPJ looms Dec. 19
                West Chester (2-1, 5-4) - Next 5 on the road including at IUP, Kutztown and Millersville. Real big strech after rough showing in Morrow Field House.
                Lock Haven (2-1, 3-3) - Bald Eagles aren't bad. Not great, but not bad.
                Kutztown (1-2, 5-4) - Tour of Erie starts next week. A pesky Wilmington visits KU this week.
                Bloomsburg (1-2, 3-4) - Put up 94 in loss to Edinboro. Turned around and got just 47 against Mercyhurst.
                Mansfield (0-3, 1-7) - Easily could have won past three games. Instead lost three tight ones.

WEST

IUP (3-0, 9-0) -- Battle-tested Crimson Hawks are on a roll. Trip to red hot Fairmont State up next.
                Mercyhurst (2-1, 6-1) - Big 5-game stretch set to begin next week including Kutztown, at Ship, SRU and IUP.
                UPJ (2-1, 6-3) - Josh Wise and the Freshmen are rolling -- and a very tough out.
                Slippery Rock (1-1, 3-5) - SRU finally put things together and got a huge win against West Chester. Next four highly winnable.
                Edinboro (1-2, 3-4) - Scots need to sweep next four games: Mansfield, Lock Haven, Cal and at Seton Hill. Star Anthony Coleman remains out.
                Gannon (1-2, 3-5) - Is Gannon's offense really this bad? Next four games are brutal: At Notre Dame, Ship, Kutztown and at IUP. GU will be a fairly heavy dog in all of them.
                Clarion (1-2, 2-4) - The West season isn't going to be fun for the Golden Eagles.
                California (0-2, 2-6) - The Kentucky State win stopped the bleeding from three straight blowouts. Some help may be on the way.
                Seton Hill (0-2, 1-6) - Must-win game with a better-than-its-record Wheeling Jesuit tomorrow. After that, the Griffins better buckle up.

Comment

Gannon (1-2, 3-5) - Is Gannon's offense really this bad?
                  In short, yes.

Lock Haven scored their first-ever win at the Hammermill after 18 straight defeats. The Bald Eagles are now 2-25 all-time against Gannon, the other win coming in the dreadful 2015-16 season at LHU.

Comment

The Gannon offense is this bad. They don't have anyone that can legit put the ball in the hoop consistently! On the other hand, their defense is as good as anyone in the country BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT when you can't get out of the 40's, I don't care how good the D is, you can't win!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      The Gannon offense is this bad. They don't have anyone that can legit put the ball in the hoop consistently! On the other hand, their defense is as good as anyone in the country BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT when you can't get out of the 40's, I don't care how good the D is, you can't win!
                      I've watched Gannon a couple games this year. They have big-time athletes. As always. I keep thinking to myself if they just adbandoned their offense and just cut loose playground style ... they'd probably score in the 70s instead of the 40s. It's like they are playing in quicksand and whomever gets stuck with the ball after 28 shot clock seconds has to be the one to shoot.

Salsamendi coming back eventually can't hurt them but he's no savior. He's more spot shooter ... almost a strange fit in their offense. Then again after watching them this year I can't figure out what their offense actually is.

Comment

Here's the stat of the day:

The Seton Hill versus Wheeling Jesuit game last night had an 'announced' attendance of 25 people. As it was pointed out last night by PSAC76 ... stress the word 'announced' in that past sentence.

Through (3) home dates the Griffins are averaging 40 per game.

Lock Haven is the other league member yet to crack three digits. The Bald Eagles are averaging 72 per game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Here's the stat of the day:

The Seton Hill versus Wheeling Jesuit game last night had an 'announced' attendance of 25 people. As it was pointed out last night by PSAC76 ... stress the word 'announced' in that past sentence.

Through (3) home dates the Griffins are averaging 40 per game.

Lock Haven is the other league member yet to crack three digits. The Bald Eagles are averaging 72 per game.

Comment

Any success achieved by programs at Seton Hill, like the men's baseball team, is solely - and I mean solely - a function of a talented and dedicated head coach. Marc Marizzaldi is a fantastic baseball coach. But his success it not because of any commitment to athletics at Seton Hill. There is no commitment - financial or otherwise. Marizzaldi is the attraction due to his past success as a coach.

Also, considering that there is really no social life on campus, the one thing that students could be attracted to at Seton Hill as a social event - a men's basketball game - draws 25 people. You think its bad this year, when Seton Hill will be fortunate to win 7 or 8 games, wait until next year.

Current senior and 3 year starting PG Trevor Lecuona left the program. Trevor Blondin, who could play for any team in the PSAC, graduates this year as do senior starting forwards Alston and Predic. Seton Hill currently has one underclassmen Big, even though the new head coach was hired in April and had time to bring in at least one decent Big. Instead, he brought in a frosh Big from Florida who has played all of 14 minutes. The new head coach is playing 6'4" Nate Davis, whose game is almost exclusively shooting threes, at the 4 spot.

Seton Hill has cut athletic grant money every year for the past 3 years. And if you are a D2 capable player and you attend a Seton Hill home game on a visit, are you going to commit to Seton Hill so you can pay a substantial sum of money to play in front of 25 people in a gym smaller than many high school gyms?

The complete lack of commitment to athletics as well as the dysfunction in the athletic department are a complete disservice to the student athletes at Seton Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                              Serious question... At what point does Seton Hill just consider dropping some of these more expensive sports like football
                              Doubt it. For a school that first admitted males in 1986 and is still only 36% male, they need football to keep those numbers up. Mansfield started sprint football since their male enrollment plummeted when they dropped football.

Crap, are we even allowed to discuss gender distribution anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                                Any success achieved by programs at Seton Hill, like the men's baseball team, is solely - and I mean solely - a function of a talented and dedicated head coach. Marc Marizzaldi is a fantastic baseball coach. But his success it not because of any commitment to athletics at Seton Hill. There is no commitment - financial or otherwise. Marizzaldi is the attraction due to his past success as a coach.

Also, considering that there is really no social life on campus, the one thing that students could be attracted to at Seton Hill as a social event - a men's basketball game - draws 25 people. You think its bad this year, when Seton Hill will be fortunate to win 7 or 8 games, wait until next year.

Current senior and 3 year starting PG Trevor Lecuona left the program. Trevor Blondin, who could play for any team in the PSAC, graduates this year as do senior starting forwards Alston and Predic. Seton Hill currently has one underclassmen Big, even though the new head coach was hired in April and had time to bring in at least one decent Big. Instead, he brought in a frosh Big from Florida who has played all of 14 minutes. The new head coach is playing 6'4" Nate Davis, whose game is almost exclusively shooting threes, at the 4 spot.

Seton Hill has cut athletic grant money every year for the past 3 years. And if you are a D2 capable player and you attend a Seton Hill home game on a visit, are you going to commit to Seton Hill so you can pay a substantial sum of money to play in front of 25 people in a gym smaller than many high school gyms?

The complete lack of commitment to athletics as well as the dysfunction in the athletic department are a complete disservice to the student athletes at Seton Hill.

Lecuona quit, huh?

IUP was certainly looking forward to seeing him again this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X