X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PSAC WEST

UPDATED MEN'S STANDINGS

WEST

IUP (8-1, 15-1) - Hawks finally get a break in the schedule. Next four: Edinboro, California, (at) Seton Hill and (at) Clarion.
    Slippery Rock (8-1, 11-5) - Bye week for SRU with Clarion and Mansfield.
    Pitt-Johnstown (6-3, 11-5) - Hanging around. Impressive blowout of Cal last night. Can they do it on the road? Trip to Morrow next week.
    Mercyhurst (5-4, 10-4) - UPJ visits in two days. Lakers should handle them, right?
    California (4-5, 6-9) - Vulcans got beat up in Johnstown. Seton Hill's visit sure get them back on track prior to traveling to Indiana next Wednesday.
    Gannon (4-6, 6-10) - Knights may be the best team of the bottom half. Should hammer Clarion next prior to short (big) trip across town next week.
    Clarion (2-7, 4-9) - Next stop: Hammermill
    Edinboro (1-8, 4-10) - Scots led Gannon by 8 at halftime last night. Then got blown out. Trip to the KCAC isn't a good remedy to cure a lost season.
    Seton Hill (1-8, 3-12) - New Coach has come under Message Board fire after his first 15 games at helm. Not a good sign.

EAST

Shippensburg (8-2, 14-4) - Seems the Red Raiders may have fell asleep on the ride to Lock Haven. And, didn't wake up. That's a real bad loss.
    West Chester (7-2, 11-5) - Suddenly hot Lock Haven visits Friday night. Rams are pretty hot, too.
    East Stroudsburg (7-2, 10-5) - Wouldn't want to be Bloomsburg right now.
    Millersville (5-4, 9-7) - They haven't gone away yet but still need a signature win. It's coming.
    Kutztown (5-5, 11-7) - BRUTAL stretch looms for KU. Contender or Pretender? Story about to be told.
    Lock Haven (5-5, 6-7) - Upset of Ship has to be one of LHU's biggest wins in years. And, years.
    Bloomsburg (2-7, 5-9) - Gotta take 2 of next 3 (ESU, Seton Hill, at Mansfield). Can kind of guess the two, of course.
    Mansfield (0-10, 1-14) - Next two: Slippery Rock and (at) Shippensburg. Say a prayer. Or, 10.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
      It couldn't possibly be the softer competition could it?
      They had a soft stretch earlier in the season (Mansfield, Bloom, Lock Haven) and went 1-2. The schedule certainly has something to do with it, but the win over UPJ is certainly encouraging and the way they are winning helps also. Reilly has found a lineup that can put pressure on the opponents and hit a few outside shots.

Not saying that this team will contend for the upper echelon of the PSAC, but the outlook certainly isn't as bleak as it was two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        They had a soft stretch earlier in the season (Mansfield, Bloom, Lock Haven) and went 1-2. The schedule certainly has something to do with it, but the win over UPJ is certainly encouraging and the way they are winning helps also. Reilly has found a lineup that can put pressure on the opponents and hit a few outside shots.

Not saying that this team will contend for the upper echelon of the PSAC, but the outlook certainly isn't as bleak as it was two weeks ago.

IUP will be cheering for you all but one game the rest of the way. It will be interesting to see the new GU lineup play Mercyhurst and SRU in the coming weeks.

Comment

Here they are ... the infamous 'break is almost finally over' average attendance numbers:

IUP - 1,004
          Gannon - 437
          Mansfield - 451
          Mercyhurst - 439
          Slippery Rock - 408
          Edinboro - 398
          Kutztown - 396
          Shippensburg - 365
          East Stroudsburg - 348
          West Chester - 263
          Millersville - 251
          Bloomsburg - 255
          UPJ - 196
          Cal - 148
          Lock Haven - 93
          Seton Hill - 83
          Clarion - 72

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Here they are ... the infamous 'break is almost finally over' average attendance numbers:

IUP - 1,004
            Gannon - 437
            Mansfield - 451
            Mercyhurst - 439
            Slippery Rock - 408
            Edinboro - 398
            Kutztown - 396
            Shippensburg - 365
            East Stroudsburg - 348
            West Chester - 263
            Millersville - 251
            Bloomsburg - 255
            UPJ - 196
            Cal - 148
            Lock Haven - 93
            Seton Hill - 83
            Clarion - 72
            I don't know of a place where MEC attendance numbers are kept like this (and I recognize it's possible I just didn't look hard enough). But I did go back through box scores where the official attendance is recorded, and over their 8 home games so far, WLU is averaging 991 a game, which would be good for second in the West just shy of IUP. Not bad at all. Our low was 599 for the Christmas break game with Tiffin, and our high was 1,286 vs. Glenville State (the game that saw WLU break the team record for points in a game). Not a bad spread. And this doesn't even take into account the upcoming FSU, Concord, or WJU visits to the arena. So, it's good to see that the WLU faithful seem to rival the IUP faithful in this way. I'd be willing to bet the rest of the MEC is just a putrid as the rest of the West, but I can't say for sure.
            Last edited by Scrub; 01-17-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
              I don't know of a place where MEC attendance numbers are kept like this (and I recognize it's possible I just didn't look hard enough). But I did go back through box scores where the official attendance is recorded, and over their 8 home games so far, WLU is averaging 991 a game, which would be good for second in the West just shy of IUP. Not bad at all. Our low was 599 for the Christmas break game with Tiffin, and our high was 1,286 vs. Glenville State (the game that saw WLU break the team record for points in a game). Not a bad spread. And this doesn't even take into account the upcoming FSU, Concord, or WJU visits to the arena. So, it's good to see that the WLU faithful seem to rival the IUP faithful in this way. I'd be willing to bet the rest of the MEC is just a putrid as the rest of the West, but I can't say for sure.

MEC Average Attendance to date:

Fairmont State - 1,016
              West Liberty - 990
              Glenville State - 645
              Notre Dame - 483
              Charleston - 431
              Concord - 413
              Shepherd - 362
              UVA-Wise - 325
              Wheeling Jesuit - 295
              Urbana - 177
              WVW - 129

You can find these on the conference web site under statistics. They get updated after each day of games.

This is typically the 'low point' for the whole season. The PSAC students come back this weekend. They've been off campus for about 6 weeks now.

Comment

MEC Average Attendance to date:

Fairmont State - 1,016
                West Liberty - 990
                Glenville State - 645
                Notre Dame - 483
                Charleston - 431
                Concord - 413
                Shepherd - 362
                UVA-Wise - 325
                Wheeling Jesuit - 295
                Urbana - 177
                WVW - 129

You can find these on the conference web site under statistics. They get updated after each day of games.

This is typically the 'low point' for the whole season. The PSAC students come back this weekend. They've been off campus for about 6 weeks now.
                Thanks for finding that for me. And nice to see that a few of the MEC schools carry their weight a bit attendance-wise. And our bottom-feeders are quite so low either. But some fairly standard looking numbers there.

Comment

IUP - 1,004
                  Gannon - 437
                  Mansfield - 451
                  Mercyhurst - 439
                  Slippery Rock - 408
                  Edinboro - 398
                  Kutztown - 396
                  Shippensburg - 365
                  East Stroudsburg - 348
                  West Chester - 263
                  Millersville - 251
                  Bloomsburg - 255
                  UPJ - 196
                  Cal - 148
                  Lock Haven - 93
                  Seton Hill - 83
                  Clarion - 72
                  That Ship number has always been a major disappointment. That's friends and family of the players time. Student body is busy partying on Richard Avenue.

Comment

The whole league is now dark tomorrow. I believe that all games have been moved to Monday. Feels like overkill to declare a statewide state-of-emergency, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                      The whole league is now dark tomorrow. I believe that all games have been moved to Monday. Feels like overkill to declare a statewide state-of-emergency, but it is what it is.
                      Wow. That may be a first.

Comment

IUP - 1,004
                        Gannon - 437
                        Mansfield - 451
                        Mercyhurst - 439
                        Slippery Rock - 408
                        Edinboro - 398
                        Kutztown - 396
                        Shippensburg - 365
                        East Stroudsburg - 348
                        West Chester - 263
                        Millersville - 251
                        Bloomsburg - 255
                        UPJ - 196
                        Cal - 148
                        Lock Haven - 93
                        Seton Hill - 83
                        Clarion - 72
                        Where have they gone. Back when I lived in Erie GU was it. from 08/09

ATTENDANCE SUMMARY GAMES TOTALS AVG/GAME
                        HOME.................... 22 38583 1754
                        AWAY.................... 11 9914 902
                        NEUTRAL................. 1 0 0
                        TOTAL................... 34 48497 1427

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Comment

Crash Davis .. the Dean of the Bus Leagues ... agrees.

"I'm the player to be named later."

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Crash Davis .. the Dean of the Bus Leagues ... agrees.

"I'm the player to be named later."

Fantastic movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                                Fantastic movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Annie Savoy would have solved all your problems.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X