Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Love all the IUP students crying on twitter because classes haven't been cancelled. The reality is that they will day drink, many outside, if classes are called. Hate to sound like the old 25 year old, but no employer will let you day drink because it's cold outside lol.

Comment

• Comment

• Re: PSAC WEST

Looks like IUP events and Classes are Cancelled for today - they gave in to peer pressure from the other schools, and apparently a change.org pettition that included parents, I'll bet they got calls from parents complaining as well. given the current enrollment pressure it is better to go along with the crowd I guess. Its actually quite frustrating, having lived in Northern Michigan. its not all that bad compared to the midwest, or the daily temps in the UP

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          Looks like IUP events and Classes are Cancelled for today - they gave in to peer pressure from the other schools, and apparently a change.org pettition that included parents, I'll bet they got calls from parents complaining as well. given the current enrollment pressure it is better to go along with the crowd I guess. Its actually quite frustrating, having lived in Northern Michigan. its not all that bad compared to the midwest, or the daily temps in the UP

Comment

I'm sure they are worried that some Jabroni will go to class in shorts and a T-shirt, get frostbit, and then blame IUP for not closing.

Comment

The trip to Seton Hill tonight is still on.

It's a real pain to reschedule these games so it would have to get a lot worse than this to cancel it.

Chuck: Sounds like you enjoy the same ride across 422 every day as I do (of course I leave Indiana every day to head to Pittsburgh). That can be a real 'fun' road in Jan-Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                The trip to Seton Hill tonight is still on.

It's a real pain to reschedule these games so it would have to get a lot worse than this to cancel it.

Chuck: Sounds like you enjoy the same ride across 422 every day as I do (of course I leave Indiana every day to head to Pittsburgh). That can be a real 'fun' road in Jan-Feb.

Comment

Last 5 minutes took about 3 hours but Gannon upsets Slippery Rock.

About 300 fouls in last 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Last 5 minutes took about 3 hours but Gannon upsets Slippery Rock.

About 300 fouls in last 5 minutes.

Comment

UPDATED STANDINGS

WEST

IUP (12-1, 19-1)
                      Slippery Rock (11-2, 14-6)
                      Mercyhurst (9-4, 14-4)
                      UPJ (7-6, 12-8)
                      Gannon (6-7, 8-12)
                      California (5-8, 7-12)
                      Seton Hill (3-10, 5-14)
                      Edinboro (2-11, 5-13)
                      Clarion (2-11, 4-13)

EAST

West Chester (11-2, 15-5)
                      Shippensburg (10-3, 16-5)
                      East Stroudsburg (10-3, 13-6)
                      Millersville (8-5, 12-8)
                      Kutztown (6-7, 12-9)
                      Lock Haven (5-8, 7-10)
                      Bloomsburg (2-11, 5-13)
                      Mansfield (1-12, 2-16)

Comment

Have you not watched any SRU basketball? They aren't slow, they are straight up lazy!!! They jog up and down the floor, they take plays off including Till, they bad mouth towards the refs (hence the technical with 6min left). These are all the things I've talked about precious especially on the side with BigIndian. The only game I saw them play a full 40 minutes was against IUP and that's to be expected since that is who everyone is chasing.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          Have you not watched any SRU basketball? They aren't slow, they are straight up lazy!!! They jog up and down the floor, they take plays off including Till, they bad mouth towards the refs (hence the technical with 6min left). These are all the things I've talked about precious especially on the side with BigIndian. The only game I saw them play a full 40 minutes was against IUP and that's to be expected since that is who everyone is chasing.
                          I agree with you on all points. Maybe that explains what "appeared" to be wrong with Till - he appeared to be playing a half-speed sometimes and turned it on when he wanted. That said, SRU had won 12 in a row going to the game, so they must have been doing something right during the last 1 1/2 months. I'll stand by the fact that it was a good and much-needed win for the Knights.

I looked at the play-by-play and the last 1:21 of the game contained 12 fouls and 22 free throw attempts. The Slippery Rock fouls were getting annoying (no need to foul down 12 with 15 seconds left), but what made it worse is that Gannon committed six of those 12 fouls!! The coaching staff (and many of the fans) were about losing their minds at the end.

And to answer your question, I had not watched any SRU basketball prior to this year. I'm lucky to have time to follow Gannon!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                            I agree with you on all points. Maybe that explains what "appeared" to be wrong with Till - he appeared to be playing a half-speed sometimes and turned it on when he wanted. That said, SRU had won 12 in a row going to the game, so they must have been doing something right during the last 1 1/2 months. I'll stand by the fact that it was a good and much-needed win for the Knights.

I looked at the play-by-play and the last 1:21 of the game contained 12 fouls and 22 free throw attempts. The Slippery Rock fouls were getting annoying (no need to foul down 12 with 15 seconds left), but what made it worse is that Gannon committed six of those 12 fouls!! The coaching staff (and many of the fans) were about losing their minds at the end.

And to answer your question, I had not watched any SRU basketball prior to this year. I'm lucky to have time to follow Gannon!
                            IUPAlum and I knew this was coming.

Gannon is tailor-made to play SRU. They excell at everything that is SRU kryptonite.

Gannon has one style. Physical. Hustle. Pressure.

Everybody thinks SRU is some muscle team that just pounds the ball inside. They are actually the complete opposite under Grady. Their offense is to pass the ball around for 20 seconds. Toss it inside. Then pop it back out for a trey. They launch a ton.

Reilly teams are very difficult to shoot from outside against. They are in your face constantly and push the guards way back. They also play very physical. SRU is used to being the perceived physical team. The bully doesn't like to get bullied.

I watched the last 7 minutes last night. Immediately I could hear Gannon's 34 coaches screaming to push the ball up court and push the pace. SRU looked exhausted. It's no coincidence East Stroudsburg blew them out. It's also no coincidence SRU had its worst shooting night of the year last night.

SRU was gassed. They were just chucking treys and agitated. The stupid, temper tantrum technical was the icing on the cake. They also didn't adjust and just kept firing highly contested deep shots.

IUP, for a reason known only to Joe, tried to go up there and beat them at their own game in the first half. They failed miserably and, while the game chaged dramatically in the second half, the damage was mostly done. IUP floored the pace in the second half and just about pulled it out.

Reilly is no dummy. He obviously scouted both the ESU and IUP games. SRU has no transition game. Gannon exploited it and ran them out of gas.

Everybody will see that film. The second loop through SRU is going to see that a lot. Not everybody can bring the D like Gannon but the key is to get SRU sped up.

Comment

• Comment

Loop Two through the West starts tomorrow.

Mercyhurst at IUP - It's extremely difficult to win in the KCAC. Saturday night with a juiced up crowd is about impossible. Mercyhurst is a very strong team and an annoying team to play against. The Lakers gave IUP all it handle in Erie before losing by 11 in the final minutes. Two great coaches. Adjustments from Round 1 will be key. Mercyhurst again keeps it close, but this will be the first true road test in a hostile environment for the Lakers this season. The bottom rows across the court can be quite distracting to visitors. Ask Micah Till and Josh Wise. IUP -5

Shippensburg at Kutztown -- Shippensburg got back on track with a blowout of lowly Bloomsburg. Tomorrow's trip to Kutztown starts a burtal three-game stretch for Chris Fite's Red Raiders -- at Kutztown, at East Stroudsburg and Millersville. The Golden Bears enter on a two-game skid but they are a tough bunch at home. Kutztown isn't geared to play teams with a lot of bigs. Luckily, Shippensburg doesn't have many. Kutztown avenges an earlier season loss. Golden Bears -3

Clarion at Seton Hill -- The Griffins can either come up hungover after Wednesday's spirited loss to IUP, or they can come out a born again team. Luckily for Seton Hill, a struggling Clarion is in town, so it may not matter what kind of mood they come out in. Clarion actually won the first meeting in overtime but star Trevor Blondin didn't play in that game for the Griffins. He's back now and on a tear. Seton Hill wins this one big. Griffins -15

Millersville at Mansfield -- Mauraders get a freebie to stay within striking distance of third in the East. Millersville -17

West Chester at Bloomsburg -- The Rams have won 10 straight. Tomorrow makes 11. West Chester wins big. Rams -19

California at Slippery Rock -- The Vulcans put up a tussle in Round 1 before falling by 11 points in the Angelo Dome. Cal's defense was non-existent in that meeting as SRU shot 60 percent from the field and 58 percent from deep. Cal is a terrible match-up against Slippery Rock. The Vulcans don't have the depth or the physical size. It may have been relatively close in California. It won't be in Morrow. SRU wins in a smackdown. Rock -20

Gannon at UPJ -- Gannon travels to Johnstown riding high. The Golden Knights just took down rival Slippery Rock. The bad news is many visiting teams go there to die. UPJ is a perfect 9-0 at home this season (and 3-8 away from home). Must be something in the water up there. Whatever it is, UPJ shoots the ball incredibly well at home -- and they score a ton of points. In the first meeting, a 64-61 GU win in Erie, UPJ was held to just 38 percent from the floor and the Mountain Cats went just 4 of 9 from deep. UPJ is very well-coached and will have a plan to get more outside shots off against the stingy Knights defense. Gannon is a little too physical for UPJ but the finesse should win the day for the home team. UPJ -7

Salem at Lock Haven -- On the surface, Salem has a 13-7 record. Look below the surface. One of those losses is to Mansfield. Lock Haven does just enough to get a win. Bald Eagles -2

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X