Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Pitt

About 2,000 at The Pete last night for an ACC game.

Well, an 'announced' 2,000, anyway.

Pitt was up 15 with 7 minutes left in the first half ... lost by about 30. Pretty big swing in the final 27 minutes.

Ryan Luther needs to either grad transfer or spend his final year as a 'big fish' in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      About 2,000 at The Pete last night for an ACC game.

Well, an 'announced' 2,000, anyway.

Pitt was up 15 with 7 minutes left in the first half ... lost by about 30. Pretty big swing in the final 27 minutes.

Ryan Luther needs to either grad transfer or spend his final year as a 'big fish' in D2.
      Tough game to watch. Why he didn't call a timeout with that huge run still confuses me. We have all seen this story play out again and again, the players are good enough for the first half - after that - the law of averages set in, and the other teams bench is better than Pitt's bench.

I still couldn't even fathom what will happen to Stallings. He isn't the new AD's hire, so she's not attached. Then again, that buyout is huge ($10 million), add into that the biggest question - who in the heck (of quality) would want that job?
      Last edited by IUsuallyPonder; 02-14-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
        Tough game to watch. Why he didn't call a timeout with that huge run still confuses me. We have all see this story play out again and again, the players are good enough for the first half - after that - the law of averages set in, and the other teams bench is better than Pitt's bench.

I still couldn't even fathom what will happen to Stallings. He isn't the new AD's hire, so she's not attached. Then again, that buyout is huge ($10 million), add into that the biggest question - who in the heck (of quality) would want that job?

Comment

Pitt is in the running for two pretty good local kids.

PG Curtis Aiken Jr.
          F Brandon Stone

Aiken Jr. is from North Allegheny and among his offers are Pitt and TCU (Jamie Dixon).
          Stone (6'11") has narrowed his list to South Carolina, Pitt, Penn State and Duquesne. He had several other national offers but based on his list it seems he wants to stay close to home.

These aren't 5-star types but they are both good players. They'd be good lands for Pitt.

Comment

We seem to go back and forth on this endlessly. LOL. But the problem is that Stullings was just such a MEH hire that no one wants to continue on with him. Nobody wanted him in the first place. There was likely not a person who was excited, inspired, pumped or joyous that he got the Pitt job. The consensus was that it was not a good hire at all.

There was a piece a few weeks ago in one of the Pittsburgh area rags that Stullings was losing AND not drawing attendance. The article went on to state that sometimes a coach can survive one or the other but seldom both. I would like to see Pitt pull the plug on him and start over. It's a shame that they are in the mess they are in with the buyout but a mistake is still a mistake. Pitt needs to move on and try and get this right.

It's entirely false that no one would take this job. An eager up and comer would probably jump at it.

Who would you guys put on the list as potential coaches to consider? I've heard some people mention Brandin Knight. Personally, I would look for a young coach (who may only be an assistant at the moment) and give him a look. Someone who played the game and is a bit of a name product (just look at what former Duke star Bobby Hurley has done already). I wonder if Rhode Island's Danny Hurley would consider the job? Okay, probably not. But there has got to be a lot of young up and coming coaches out there who could turn this thing around with some good recruiting/program direction and get the fan base re-energized.

It was a shame---everyone was so trumped up about getting rid of Dixon then only to have Stullings fall in their laps. It was the ultimate "Huh?" hiring.

-

Comment

Comment

Heck, may as well call up Lavarr Ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                  -Tom Crean
                  -Thad Maata
                  -Billy Gillespie
                  -Andy Kennedy (Current Ole Miss coach leaving after season).
                  -Andy Toole (he would be a younger guy potentially interested)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  That's not a bad list to consider there. I didn't say that I wanted Brandin Knight---just heard some others mention him.

I was more or less referring to the Pitt fan base when I said practically nobody wanted Stullings. I honestly haven't met anyone yet who thinks that his hiring (or continued employment for that matter) was a good idea.

No LaVar Ball, please. That would be the end all of everything. LOL.

But you make it seem like Pitt should not even try to find a better coach or try to establish a better program. Okay, you have done well to list some solid reasons as to why Pitt is up against it. But they can make a good hire and start chipping away at things. Something has to be done. This is tough to take!

-

Comment

Comment

Pitt didn't want Knight. If they did they'd have hired him.

Pitt has money. Money talks.

How bad of a deal would it be? No expectations for two years. Big paycheck.

I think you'd find a lot more interested than you think.

Comment

This Arizona vs ASU game is nuts.

Bobby Hurley vs Sean Miller

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          This Arizona vs ASU game is nuts.

Bobby Hurley vs Sean Miller
                          Two good coaches going at it. Too bad Pitt couldn't have got one of them. PAC-12 hoops is so underrated.

-

Comment

No. 1 Virginia 66
                            Pitt 37

THIRTY-FREAKING-SEVEN

Comment

More proof that Scott Barnes did a fine job of undermining the program with the hiring of Kevin Stallings. This Pitt roster would probably struggle against Clarion, let alone IUP or, for that matter, Pitt-Johnstown...
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                                More proof that Scott Barnes did a fine job of undermining the program with the hiring of Kevin Stallings. This Pitt roster would probably struggle against Clarion, let alone IUP or, for that matter, Pitt-Johnstown...
                                I just think that the Stullings hire was just so lackluster. Why not fire up the fan base and bring in Sean Miller if/when he becomes available? He might be downright grateful to have the opportunity to return to Oakland.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X