Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atlantic Region

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    EASY KILLER!!! IUP has a couple of tough games this weekend before you look ahead to Ship. They have a lot to work on defensively before this weekend. One game at a time.
    No doubt. I think the Ship game is definitely one that is circled. Some payback is due.

Comment

I know that it is early, but what would you say are the 8 teams from the region in the tourney. My early season thoughts are...

1. IUP
      2. Ship
      3. West Liberty
      4. Fairmont State
      5. East Stroudsburg
      6. Notre Dame
      7. Virginia State/Shaw
      8. Mercyhurst

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
        I know that it is early, but what would you say are the 8 teams from the region in the tourney. My early season thoughts are...

1. IUP
        2. Ship
        3. West Liberty
        4. Fairmont State
        5. East Stroudsburg
        6. Notre Dame
        7. Virginia State/Shaw
        8. Mercyhurst

The (9) teams you mention will all be in the race. I need to see way more out of Shippensburg. I'm not sold on that 5-0 start. They struggled big time with Danny Sancomb's Iron Man 5 the other day. One thing about the EAST is you can't hide. It's not what it was last year but it's still a gauntlet.

I wouldn't count out West Chester despite the dreadful start. They have a lot of talent and a very good coach. Kutztown is off to a strange start. They have the signature win at West Liberty but the signature loss to Lincoln (PA). They won't go away, either, and will be in the conversation. Concord is another sneaky good team. Concord just absolutely cannot get swept in the four games against Fairmont and WL. If they can split them they could have a shot.

I fully expect Slippery Rock to eventually go on a tear. There's just far too much talent there. But, if it doesn't happen soon it won't matter. Gannon will make a run once healthy. But, again, will it be too late? If GU loses to Bowie tomorrow (very possible) it would have three losses before December.

The magic number is 7-8 losses. More than that and you're in trouble (most years).

IUP has several big games prior to Christmas -- at Kutztown, West Chester, Shippensburg and at Fairmont State. That's insane. If Bravado Joe somehow gets to Santa undefeated, IUP would be in good shape to get that No. 1 seed. That's a GIGANTIC 'if' however. With Wheeling Jesuit being off the grid, I'm not sure WL will lose many more games this season.

Comment

New polls:

http://campus.mst.edu/athleticsarchi...all/bbpoll.htm

Comment

Amir Hinton went for 49 points tonight in another Shaw victory.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Amir Hinton went for 49 points tonight in another Shaw victory.

Comment

He isn't ... Shaw is in the CIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post

1. IUP
                  2. Ship
                  3. West Liberty
                  4. Fairmont State
                  5. East Stroudsburg
                  6. Notre Dame
                  7. Virginia State/Shaw
                  8. Mercyhurst

You're right, it's early...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                    You're right, it's early...
                    It is very early. That said ... these games in November are VERY real -- and most certainly play a major role in who goes dancing and who has an early banquet.

There are definitely some teams in the PSAC on alert already.

Of teams thought to be legitimate contenders to make the NCAA Tournament:

West Chester has 3 losses. Slippery Rock has 4 losses (both wins are D3). East Stroudsburg, Gannon and Kutztown all have two losses. It's pretty rare those teams have this many losses in November. Assume you only get 7-8 defeats and you're in major hot water on Selection Day.

There are years teams get in with 9-10 losses but it's not very often.

When you look at the EAST, by default they are going to rack up losses as the Big 4 play each other twice each. That's why these November losses are brutal in the big picture.

One of the best games around this weekend is undefeated Mercyhurst at East Stroudsburg.

Comment

It is very early. That said ... these games in November are VERY real -- and most certainly play a major role in who goes dancing and who has an early banquet.

West Chester has 3 losses. Slippery Rock has 4 losses (both wins are D3). East Stroudsburg, Gannon and Kutztown all have two losses. It's pretty rare those teams have this many losses in November. Assume you only get 7-8 defeats and you're in major hot water on Selection Day.

When you look at the EAST, by default they are going to rack up losses as the Big 4 play each other twice each. That's why these November losses are brutal in the big picture.

One of the best games around this weekend is undefeated Mercyhurst at East Stroudsburg.
                      Yes...but in the case of Kutztown and West Chester, they will have a stronger SOS which will more than overcome the early losses, right?

Comment

He isn't ... Shaw is in the CIAA.
                        I know this...

Comment

Is IUP tipping off with Cheyney at 11am today?! The conference website lists it that way...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            Is IUP tipping off with Cheyney at 11am today?! The conference website lists it that way...
                            Yes. It's the yearly Education Day Game. They bring in lots of local elementary schools and get a big crowd. Nice event.

Comment

Yes. It's the yearly Education Day Game. They bring in lots of local elementary schools and get a big crowd. Nice event.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Slow start are not at all rare for Gannon. In the last three NCAA tournament seasons the Knights loss 3 (2018), 4 (2015) and 2 (2014) before the calendar turned to December. I wish it wasn't that way -- Reilly doesn't give himself much margin for error in the second semester!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X