Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atlantic Region

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It will take Frostburg some time. We get that.

D&E is dumpster fire and no football. Baffling addition.
    Yep. They bring nothing to the table and will be a constant drag on the conference. I could see if they were a national power in one sport or were fantastically funded with top notch facilities but none of that is true.

Dumpster fire is as good as any descriptor I've hear of to describe D&E athletics.

Of course with D&E in the MEC, at least Frostburg can look forward to two wins in Basketball!!!!!

Comment

Boat: Who you taking in this religous showdown in Greensburg tonight ... Jesuit or Seton Hill?

It may be a good game.

Comment

Boat: Who you taking in this religous showdown in Greensburg tonight ... Jesuit or Seton Hill?

It may be a good game.
        WWJD???? NO...That DOESN'T stand for What Would Jesuit Do!!!

Guess I got to support my conference and go for WJU although it does kind of hurt me to root for them!!!!!!! Good news is that I won't be watching or listening to it and I doubt I'll even look up the score tomorrow. Kind of like that insurance commercial from a while back..."We care...but we don't care care!"
        Last edited by boatcapt; 12-11-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I am currently watching WJU at SHU and there is NO ONE in the stands. I am not exaggerating

Comment

I have been corrected, there are now 8 people in attendance

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
              Fairmont was "down" a little (21-7) but that doesn't mean they were bad. They had W's over WLU, WJU and LeMoyne with a 2 point loss to Findlay in Findlay. Sadly they had a few head scratching losses which throttled their season.

I disagree on your belief that Ship would have beaten WLU 10 out of 10 last year. Think it would have been more like 5 wins each. All we do know for sure is that on that one night in Petersburg, Ship was the better team by far.

I think Va State and the CIAA deserved a chance to host the Regionals.

Comment

Yep. They bring nothing to the table and will be a constant drag on the conference. I could see if they were a national power in one sport or were fantastically funded with top notch facilities but none of that is true.

Dumpster fire is as good as any descriptor I've hear of to describe D&E athletics.

Of course with D&E in the MEC, at least Frostburg can look forward to two wins in Basketball!!!!!
                You'll need all the dumpster fires you can get in your conference schedule now, considering that West Liberty will now be scheduling above average games out of conference. You should feel blessed that they are joining the league. I would be ecstatic if I were you. Two freebie wins a year? Sign me up. Just win, baby.

Comment

Seton Hill defeats Wheeling Jesuit.

WJ drops to 0-10.

Perennial top program to this ...

Comment

Yeah it's a shame but what can anybody expect? They will win a few, maybe more. It seems they are competitive in most games. I think they were left with 1 player that played a little last year. They lost a top D2 coach as well as 8 of their top 9 players from last yr. Still baffles me that no real reasoning really ever surfaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtybird View Post
                      Yeah it's a shame but what can anybody expect? They will win a few, maybe more. It seems they are competitive in most games. I think they were left with 1 player that played a little last year. They lost a top D2 coach as well as 8 of their top 9 players from last yr. Still baffles me that no real reasoning really ever surfaced.
                      Sometimes people and institutions are clueless...

http://mobile.twitter.com/balancing/...951168/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtybird View Post
                        I'd think it is not uncommon for the school to not comment on a matter that has been referred to the NCAA for investigation. Also not uncommon for the fired coach to not comment on a matter pending before the NCAA. But what does seem odd in this day and age is that there is no wrongful termination law suite pending (at least none that I've heard of).

Comment

Seton Hill defeats Wheeling Jesuit.

WJ drops to 0-10.

Perennial top program to this ...
                          Apparently the school thought the issue that lead to the firing was sufficiently negative to justify what effectively is tearing down a top tier program and rebuilding from scratch. Think it will take them at least 2 more years until they are consistently competitive again.

Not surprising they are 0-10 when they are starting one Sophomore and four true Freshmen!!! There not doing bad in any statistical category it's just that their opponents are doing better.
                          Last edited by boatcapt; 12-12-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I'd think it is not uncommon for the school to not comment on a matter that has been referred to the NCAA for investigation. Also not uncommon for the fired coach to not comment on a matter pending before the NCAA. But what does seem odd in this day and age is that there is no wrongful termination law suite pending (at least none that I've heard of).
                            Or that the local media couldn't (or chose not to) break the story. That's not uncommon in these small D2 towns.

Comment

Just my opinion but I think that Coach Sancomb chose to take the high road in terms of any wrongful termination pursuit. With he and his family still living in Wheeling and active members of the community, schools, youth leagues, etc...I think he wanted normalcy for his wife and kids. Again just my opinion.

Comment

That certainly could be the reason for no wrongful termination law suit...or it could be that he knows what the reasons for his termination were and they are true...or at least true enough to were the verdict in a law suit would be a questionable proposition. Either way, that's a lot of $'s to leave on the table for a DII basketball coach with a wife and family!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X