Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atlantic Region

Tells you something about the PI.

Some coaches might be concerned with were they fall on the PI list in December but I'm pretty sure Crutch ain't one of those. Think he's more concerned with how his team is playing which is pretty good right now!!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 12-21-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Updated Performance Indicators

Note: In parenthesis you'll see the number of spots improved or decreased since last week

Overall Rank (out of all 305 D2 teams)

1. IUP (+1)
      10. Mercyhurst (-1)
      22. West Liberty (+13)
      26. Concord (+4)
      41. Shippensburg (-10)
      50. Fairmont State (+18)
      51. UPJ (+25)
      54. Notre Dame (+7)
      -------------------------------------------------- TOP 8
      72. East Stroudsburg (+49)
      97. Kutztown (+14)
      102. Chowan (+3)
      106. Shaw (-21)
      115. Charleston (+21)
      124. Virginia State (-7)
      127. Slippery Rock (first time in Atlantic Top 15)
      Gannon 38th in region (out of 43) and 279 in country

The three teams that Gannon beat: Fayetteville State (40th), Mansfield (42nd), Wheeling Jesuit (43rd). Merry Christmas!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Some coaches might be concerned with were they fall on the PI list in December but I'm pretty sure Crutch ain't one of those. Think he's more concerned with how his team is playing which is pretty good right now!!
        That's an interesting question. Coaches are obviously better at judging a team than Fans are based on the games played. How much does the coach need quality opponents to tell just how good their team is. Some think they don't need it, others believe in the tempered by fire approach so they can learn how their team does in adverse situation.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Is he allowed to leave the state of Florida? I know he was allergic to PA.

If he could take his skirt off IUP would sign a 2-and-2 with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Somewhere, somebody read this, will be offended, and will want this site to be shut down. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I live in FL now and I also am allergic to PA!! As someone who used to live in PA, I can say with all certainty that NOTHING good happens in PA...particularly in the winter!

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                That's an interesting question. Coaches are obviously better at judging a team than Fans are based on the games played. How much does the coach need quality opponents to tell just how good their team is. Some think they don't need it, others believe in the tempered by fire approach so they can learn how their team does in adverse situation.
                Yea...I think a good coach knows if his team is good or not and doesn't need to validate his judgement by playing hard teams. This validation is more for the fans who want "proof" that their team is good (or bad).

I think it depends on the conference. If your conference has a number of ranked/top tier teams, you don't really need to "temper" your team OOC. Conversely, if your conf is top to bottom poor and you think your team is good, probably a good idea to play some tough OOC opponents.

Comment

Two big PSAC games this Saturday.

West Chester travels to rival Kutztown. Both teams have had odd (and disappointing) seasons thus far. Both have lost five games. West Chester was picked to win the PSAC East (and it still may). Kutztown's high-water mark came on opening night.

The hardest part of picking this game is figuring out which version of each team is going to show up. Kutztown has looked real good a couple times. It has looked real disinterested a couple times, too. West Chester's record is baffling. The Rams did play at West Liberty and at IUP. They also played at Morrow Field House on the day it all finally clicked for Slippery Rock. The other two losses (West Virginia Wesleyan and Wilmington) ... tough ones to swallow. Kutztown is coming off a smackdown at Mercyhurst and a narrow escape at Gannon.

If the WCU team that played in Indiana remains the version showing up, the Rams will be a very tough out.

With the emergence of Millersville adding yet another tough EAST team, the loser of this game is likely in some serious, serious trouble. The East is going to be a grind.

The other game, Mercyhurst at Shippensburg, has huge regional implications. Both, based on their bodies of work so far, seem to be NCAA-level teams.

Historically the question would be if Ship can crack the triangle and score enough to win the game. Now, this may be a shootout.

Shippensburg, my opinion, is the best team IUP has played this year (and they've played most of the good teams in the Atlantic). Shippensburg is very well-balanced and can score from all over the floor. They lost a thriller at IUP and got tripped up in the snake pit at Bowie State -- one of the tougher environments in the country to play (when students are on campus).

Very tough game to pick. First game off a layoff and on a holiday week. Different styles. Empty gyms.

And, naturally, on a day I'd love to watch both games ... these two are going off at the same time.

Comment

We talk about defense ... not a lick being played in this Lakers vs Warriors game.

Comment

We talk about defense ... not a lick being played in this Lakers vs Warriors game.
                      Further proof that neither team is any good and will not win any championships.

Comment

Further proof that the NBA is a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That was the first NBA game I watched in I'd guess at least 15 years. It reminded me of what the NBA All-Star games used to look like in the 80s and 90s.

Comment

That was the first NBA game I watched in I'd guess at least 15 years. It reminded me of what the NBA All-Star games used to look like in the 80s and 90s.
                            I only watched a little because my Uncle had it on. I can't stand the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Hahahahaha!!! Wonder if Joe would go if an NBA team offered him a HC position? Wonder if any of IUP's players consider the NBA to be a joke?? SILLY comment from you...kind of like saying Apple is a joke because you like Android phones!!
                              Last edited by boatcapt; 12-26-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Not sure what Joe or IUP players have to do with the topic, but, ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X