Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atlantic Region

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Sounds like they both stunk. One stunk a little less.
    Did they stink because of good defense or poor shooting??

Comment

Don't know. Don't care, either.

Good defense leads to poor shooting. Ask Fairmont.

Gannon can't score more than 50 points so until they are keeping teams in the 40s they won't be winning much.

I'd be shocked if they don't lose both this week to Kutztown and Ship -- perhaps badly.

Comment

Don't know. Don't care, either.

Good defense leads to poor shooting. Ask Fairmont.

Gannon can't score more than 50 points so until they are keeping teams in the 40s they won't be winning much.

I'd be shocked if they don't lose both this week to Kutztown and Ship -- perhaps badly.
        Or maybe poor shooting leads to the impression of good defense??

Comment

Updated Performance Indicators

Top 15 - Atlantic Region (ranked out of 305 D2 programs)

2. IUP
          9. Mercyhurst
          30. Concord
          35. West Liberty
          51. Shippensburg
          61. Notre Dame
          68. Fairmont State
          76. UPJ
          85. Shaw
          94. Charleston
          105. Chowan
          106. Shepherd
          111. Kutztown
          117. East Stroudsburg
          126. Virginia State

Some names from the past:

5. Nova Southeastern
          18. Francis Marion
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-17-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Did NDC shoot badly or did Gannon play great defense??!!
            I didn't see the game, but it's probably a little bit of both. Gannon defends the perimeter pretty well (Gannon defends everything pretty well), but I would venture a guess that NDC missed a few open looks that they usually knock down. NDC's big guy (Voorhies) scored 32 points on 26 shots, so Gannon probably abandoned the inside a bit to defend the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
              I didn't see the game, but it's probably a little bit of both. Gannon defends the perimeter pretty well (Gannon defends everything pretty well), but I would venture a guess that NDC missed a few open looks that they usually knock down. NDC's big guy (Voorhies) scored 32 points on 26 shots, so Gannon probably abandoned the inside a bit to defend the perimeter.
              Nore did I but from box scores, looks like NDC strung two atrocious half of 3 point shooting together. Second half of their last game v Charleston they shot 16% from 3 after shooting 50% in the first half...They backed their second half 16% shooting by shooting 5% (not a typo...FIVE percent) in the first half v Gannon before shooting 40% from beyond the arc in the second half.

Of course, NDC did hold Gannon to 59 points so I guess they are a defensive powerhouse??

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                Nore did I but from box scores, looks like NDC strung two atrocious half of 3 point shooting together. Second half of their last game v Charleston they shot 16% from 3 after shooting 50% in the first half...They backed their second half 16% shooting by shooting 5% (not a typo...FIVE percent) in the first half v Gannon before shooting 40% from beyond the arc in the second half.

Of course, NDC did hold Gannon to 59 points so I guess they are a defensive powerhouse??

Actually, that 59 may be classified as an offensive explosion this year. Keep in perspective Gannon is a 3-6 team (likely to be 3-8 by Thursday).
                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-17-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Actually, that 59 may be classified as an offensive explosion this year.
                  And for NDC, shooting 40% beyond the arc like they did in the second half vs Gannon is very rarified air. Even before this game they were 83 of 243 (.343) on the season!

Gannon seems to be a very good defensive team and as grand dad always said, defense wins championships!
                  Last edited by boatcapt; 12-17-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I actually forget what the topic even is ...

As I just added an edit above, keep in mind Gannon is a 3-6 team and will most likely be 3-8 by Thursday morning.

Reilly's teams will always play tough. This one just can't score at all. They've been in the 40s a couple times this year. Looks like they keep trying new things and new lineups. He'll figure something out.

Comment

I actually forget what the topic even is ...

As I just added an edit above, keep in mind Gannon is a 3-6 team and will most likely be 3-8 by Thursday morning.

Reilly's teams will always play tough. This one just can't score at all. They've been in the 40s a couple times this year. Looks like they keep trying new things and new lineups. He'll figure something out.
                      Seems like this thread is just an Atlantic Region grab bag which is kind of cool.

Is it because they can't score or because their opponents are playing good defense??!! Hahahahaha!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        Or maybe poor shooting leads to the impression of good defense??

Comment

Just because they shot poorly doesn't mean they didn't lose.

Some people see a score and assume a certain thing based solely on it.

Comment

The new D2SIDA Men's Basketball Atlantic Region Rankings are out.

1. IUP (5)
                            2. West Liberty
                            3. Fairmont State
                            4. Shippensburg
                            (tie) 5. Concord
                            (tie) 5. East Stroudsburg
                            7. Mercyhurst
                            8. Notre Dame
                            9. UPJ
                            10. Virginia State

Receiving Votes: Chowan, Lincoln

Comment

Updated Performance Indicators

Note: In parenthesis you'll see the number of spots improved or decreased since last week

Overall Rank (out of all 305 D2 teams)

1. IUP (+1)
                              10. Mercyhurst (-1)
                              22. West Liberty (+13)
                              26. Concord (+4)
                              41. Shippensburg (-10)
                              50. Fairmont State (+18)
                              51. UPJ (+25)
                              54. Notre Dame (+7)
                              -------------------------------------------------- TOP 8
                              72. East Stroudsburg (+49)
                              97. Kutztown (+14)
                              102. Chowan (+3)
                              106. Shaw (-21)
                              115. Charleston (+21)
                              124. Virginia State (-7)
                              127. Slippery Rock (first time in Atlantic Top 15)

Comment

Nova Southeastern and St. Crutch dropped from No. 5 to No. 32

Their opponents have a combined winning percentage of 34 percent. Some things never change. Lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X