Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Atlantic Region

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I was talking Fairmont... pay attention!
    And I was talking about WCU cratering to close out the year.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      And I was talking about WCU cratering to close out the year.
      But you quoted my comment which was directed towards FSU so your comment didn't make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
        I give you guys credit. You were pretty close to how it played out. You both nailed all 8 teams.

Looks like the disagreement you guys had with the committee was where FSU, ND and ESU should be. Both of you thought ESU was better than the committee did. Both of you thought FSU was worse than the committee did. You split on ND, IUPbigIndians thought ND was better than the committee did and alum thought ND was worse.
        I usually am close. The top 4 I thought were easy. ESU, WCU and ND I thought were all close and could be swapped in any order. Fairmont getting all that love from the committee is baffling! I understand they played a tough schedule but they really didn't beat the tougher teams other than 1 win against WL. Although, I thought FSU had a better resume than Ship, Concord, etc so I thought they were clearly the 8 team but no better.

Comment

I think they got it right. (Just like you guys. ;) )

Comment

I usually am close. The top 4 I thought were easy. ESU, WCU and ND I thought were all close and could be swapped in any order. Fairmont getting all that love from the committee is baffling! I understand they played a tough schedule but they really didn't beat the tougher teams other than 1 win against WL. Although, I thought FSU had a better resume than Ship, Concord, etc so I thought they were clearly the 8 team but no better.
            I think you can guess this most years before the season even begins. WLU, IUP, VA State are going to be the top 3...Fairmont and ESU in 4 and 5...and the bottom three some mish mash of NDC, WCU, Hurst and Ship. Baring a "wild card" winning one of the tourneys, pick some version of that before the season begins and you are probably going to be pretty close at the end!!!

Comment

I think you can guess this most years before the season even begins. WLU, IUP, VA State are going to be the top 3...Fairmont and ESU in 4 and 5...and the bottom three some mish mash of NDC, WCU, Hurst and Ship. Baring a "wild card" winning one of the tourneys, pick some version of that before the season begins and you are probably going to be pretty close at the end!!!
              Really? IUP hadn't made it the for a couple years, VSU hasn't been good for the past few years. Hurst made it back to back years in I believe 14 and 15. WLU plays in a weak conference with a weak schedule so they automatic.

Comment

Ship had better get a big man, or they won't be one of those in the mish-mash going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  Ship had better get a big man, or they won't be one of those in the mish-mash going forward.
                  Quaility bigs were few and far between this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Quaility bigs were few and far between this year.
                    Yes, and they all seemed to play for one team. ; )

Comment

Really? IUP hadn't made it the for a couple years, VSU hasn't been good for the past few years. Hurst made it back to back years in I believe 14 and 15. WLU plays in a weak conference with a weak schedule so they automatic.
                      IUP made it the year before last...VA State has made it 3 of the last 4.

Comment

I think that it might be a bit arrogant to assume those three teams every year. None of us really know where things are slotting out until about mid January

Comment

IUP made it the year before last...VA State has made it 3 of the last 4.
                          So IUP made it 2 of the last 4.

Va St made it 3 of the last 4.

WL every year. (Must be that weak schedule and conference)

So to say that those three teams are in every year is false.

Comment

It's false on paper. It's not so false in theory. They are always there. Maybe they'll miss out once a graduation cycle, but they're generally always right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                              It's false on paper. It's not so false in theory. They are always there. Maybe they'll miss out once a graduation cycle, but they're generally always right there.
                              Follow the money.

You'll quickly see a trend and common theme.

Said for years and years D2 sports aren't an even playing field.

The disparity from the top 4 teams to the bottom 4 teams in the PSAC is about the same as comparing the Yankees and Red Sox to the Pirates and Devil Rays.

Comment

Ok...Then pick other teams if you want.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X