• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Psac women's standings - 12/27/2016

Edinboro and wheeling Jesuit really fell hard. Wow

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Rankings are nice school pride wise but mean nothing once the NCAA tournament begins. In '15 CALU was ranked 14th going into the ATLANTIC REGIONAL, but were second in the RR behind a CIAA school, I think VSU. But that school got caught using an ineligible player and the AR was moved to HAMER and the VULCANS were able to eke out an OT win over BLOOM on their way to the NC. I think they have the team to win the PSAC and host the AR, but it will certainly NOT BE EASY.
      The school in question was Livingstone. Virginia State won the CIAA and represented the league at Regionals (and was Cal's first round opponent).
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Mercyhurst 78, Cal 72: While this loss doesn't exactly kill Cal's chances of winning the West or earning hosting rights for Regionals, it gives them MUCH less wiggle room, especially if IUP steals a win at the Angelo Dome on Saturday.

Comment

Starting guard Lana Doran did not play.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
            Starting guard Lana Doran did not play.
            And she was NOTICABLY missed on defense tonight from the outset.

She had to fly back to London to attend her Grandma's funeral, so whether she'll be back for the Iup game, I don't know.

Family comes first. Sympathies to Lana and her family.
            Last edited by Feedoggie; 02-23-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              Rankings are nice school pride wise but mean nothing once the NCAA tournament begins. In '15 CALU was ranked 14th going into the ATLANTIC REGIONAL, but were second in the RR behind a CIAA school, I think VSU. But that school got caught using an ineligible player and the AR was moved to HAMER and the VULCANS were able to eke out an OT win over BLOOM on their way to the NC. I think they have the team to win the PSAC and host the AR, but it will certainly NOT BE EASY.
              Agree. National rankings give people something to talk about, but they are essentially meaningless. In Division II, regional rankings mean everything, for both NCAA bids and hosting opportunities. It's not like teams are seeded nationally as in Division I.

Comment

What's up with miki Glenn? She never comes out.

Comment

Hurt her knee in 1st quarter early on didn't look good she couldn't stand on it rest of game

Comment

Originally posted by art.cal View Post
                    Hurt her knee in 1st quarter early on didn't look good she couldn't stand on it rest of game
                    That might be a game-changer if she can't go this weekend.

Comment

Lana doran also out could be big if neither of them are able to play

Comment

I take it she hasn't returned from the UK just yet?

Comment

We get an early view of the VULCANS 17-18 WBB . Aside from P MARTIN, you have SPORIO, PARSONS, BARRETT and SUCKLING who are still good enough to eliminate BORO. Should be able to beat ESU and we'll see about SHIP/IUP. Very sad for the great MIKI G, but these things happen in sports.

Comment

Is miki Glenn done for the season?

Comment

Given her drive, if she's not on the floor, she's not able to play. She's been extremely durable until now, but season ending injuries are always a trip or stumble away and her time arrived. A truly great VULCAN athlete.

Comment

On the video, it looked like her knee buckled and she grabbed it right away. Hard to see what happened might be the problem. My educated guess is she will be out for the rest of PSAC but depending on the injury, she might be able to come back for NCAA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X