Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfers

FYI
    D1 transfers now up 529, which is transfer rate of approximately 15% of total D1 scholarships
    Interesting one is grad transfer from Bucknell to Kentucky!

Here is distribution by class.

Row Labels Count of Class Percentage
    FR 106 20.04%
    RS FR 21 3.97%
    SO 128 24.20%
    RS SO 44 8.32%
    JR 88 16.64%
    RS JR 114 21.55%
    SR 28 5.29%
    Grand Total 529 100.00%

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
      FYI
      D1 transfers now up 529, which is transfer rate of approximately 15% of total D1 scholarships
      Interesting one is grad transfer from Bucknell to Kentucky!

Here is distribution by class.

Row Labels Count of Class Percentage
      FR 106 20.04%
      RS FR 21 3.97%
      SO 128 24.20%
      RS SO 44 8.32%
      JR 88 16.64%
      RS JR 114 21.55%
      SR 28 5.29%
      Grand Total 529 100.00%
      He's from my wife's hometown (also the hometown of PSAC commish Steve Murray) that has about 45 kids a grade and a town of 1,900 people. https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...228816534.html

Comment

The big PF (I mean the elite) ... they are targeting a lot of these mid-major grad transfers.

They are ready to go, mature, etc. It's a great way to fill a hole quickly.

Granted, it sucks for the team being left behind.

Comment

Ryan Bernstein / Mansfield

Looks like one year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
            Central Washington
            We are excited to have him! We were lacking size like him last season.

Comment

The D1 count is now up to 592 ... and growing.

Comment

D1 transfers approaching 650 in the portal. It's out of control.

Another alarming trend is the mid-major is becoming the minor league system for the big boys. There are already tons of 'mid-major' grad transfers (or regular transfers) moving up to the perceived big leagues.

It's a great system for the Kentucky's of the world. Get the best freshmen available (5-star types) and fill in the holes with experienced, older players.

It has to be so frustrating to be a fan of a mid-major program right now.

Comment

I'm on board for the grad transfer. If the degree program is complete the student has no obligation to the school...or its athletic program. But the "one and done" thing annoys me less than the kid transferring from mid-major to major. The alarming trend is CC/JC transfer to mid-major to major. That's a whole lotta lost credits and wasted scholarship dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    D1 transfers approaching 650 in the portal. It's out of control.

Another alarming trend is the mid-major is becoming the minor league system for the big boys. There are already tons of 'mid-major' grad transfers (or regular transfers) moving up to the perceived big leagues.

It's a great system for the Kentucky's of the world. Get the best freshmen available (5-star types) and fill in the holes with experienced, older players.

It has to be so frustrating to be a fan of a mid-major program right now.
                    The VC total D1 "transfers" from 2017 was 895 and 2018 was 878 so we have a little ways to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      I'm on board for the grad transfer. If the degree program is complete the student has no obligation to the school...or its athletic program. But the "one and done" thing annoys me less than the kid transferring from mid-major to major. The alarming trend is CC/JC transfer to mid-major to major. That's a whole lotta lost credits and wasted scholarship dollars.
                      Pish ah!! These kids aren't in college for credits! They are there to try and grab the gold ring that is the NBA!!!!! To paraphrase Allen Iverson..."Credits!? We talkin' 'bout CREDITS! Not the game...We talkin' 'bout CREDITS! How silly is THAT!!??"

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        Pish ah!! These kids aren't in college for credits! They are there to try and grab the gold ring that is the NBA!!!!! To paraphrase Allen Iverson..."Credits!? We talkin' 'bout CREDITS! Not the game...We talkin' 'bout CREDITS! How silly is THAT!!??"
                        I read on the Gannon basketball blog site an argument over why former coach John Reilly didn't recruit Edinboro's Jaryn Simpson (a local player). One poster said that JR never contacted Simpson's camp.

I had to read it twice. We're talking about a high school player being recruited by Edinboro. Not Duke. Yes, he's a solid player. But, do they really have 'camps' at that level of recruiting? LOL.

I can't fathom what major D1 recruiting must really be like behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          I read on the Gannon basketball blog site an argument over why former coach John Reilly didn't recruit Edinboro's Jaryn Simpson (a local player). One poster said that JR never contacted Simpson's camp.

I had to read it twice. We're talking about a high school player being recruited by Edinboro. Not Duke. Yes, he's a solid player. But, do they really have 'camps' at that level of recruiting? LOL.

I can't fathom what major D1 recruiting must really be like behind the scenes.
                          There are so many strap hangers in the recruiting of HS basketball players that I'm not surprised that this guy actually had a "camp!" Seems like everyone in the "camp" has a agenda that almost always beings in getting the player to take a D1 offer...ANY D1 offer!!! AAU "coach" in the players camp can then sell the fact that X number of HIS players went D1..."Friends" that couldn't cut it on their own are looking to glom onto all that is D1 (better parties...better girls...better food!!) and HOPEFULLY their "BOY" is good enough to name it into the NBA and that's when the strap hangers REAL fun begins!! None of this happens if the player goes DII, even if it is one of the best DII's in the nation! AAU Coach can't sell the fact that he got a player into a DII...Friends ain't about going to DII parties...Almost ZERO chance of getting into the NBA. DII is lose, lose...so not worth mentioning. Except for maybe the player but then, who really cares about him??!!

Comment

Transfers....

.....and then there are some things better left without words. I don't know what to say.

https://www.wboy.com/sports/glenvill...159/1939842807

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                              Transfers....

.....and then there are some things better left without words. I don't know what to say.

NBA defenses are a little better than Mountain East defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                                Transfers....

Wonder if this is typical of bad advice players are getting by their handlers?
                                Delusional. Watched him play and did not see anything extraordinary much less nba level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X