Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfers

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Yes. This idea that every single kid who is on a college basketball team wants to play professionally even if it means moving half way across to play in a second rate Portuguese league is way overblown. And the idea that guys who were benchwarmers at D1 schools wasted their college years is very misguided.

Comment

Comment

Just going back several years ... I can't think of a whole lot of Atlantic players playing overseas.

DeVante Chance did for a year. Norfleet, Seger Bonifant and Sleva are playing. Anthony Glover is playing in Mexico.

As Chuck said it really depends what level of league you get in over there. I remember reading Chance's comments that it wasn't nearly as glamorous as he thought it was going to be. He was in one of the lower leagues.

Shippensburg coach Chris Fite had a long career playing overseas.

Comment

Dan Monteroso also plays in Germany

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Just going back several years ... I can't think of a whole lot of Atlantic players playing overseas.

DeVante Chance did for a year. Norfleet, Seger Bonifant and Sleva are playing. Anthony Glover is playing in Mexico.

As Chuck said it really depends what level of league you get in over there. I remember reading Chance's comments that it wasn't nearly as glamorous as he thought it was going to be. He was in one of the lower leagues.

My understanding is that Euro leagues are structured a lot like minor leagues but without the verticial affilation with the parent club.
            If you do well in the lower league, then you move up individually (or as a team) to the next league up. Your current club does not hold you back.
            It would seem to be better suited for skills development.
            When you get to the premier league in a country, then salaries and benefits improve considerably - not at NBA level of course, but a very comfortable lifestyle.
            This is just based on reading some articles by former Americans playing in Europe.
            FWIW

Comment

Former East Stroudsburg, and more recently, Le Moyne small forward Kobi Nwandu is (again) available.

He's a pretty nice player.

Niagara

Comment

Name to keep an eye on in the Atlantic:

Center Sasha Sukhanov (6'11", 240 lbs) is from Russia but played high school basketball at Teays Valley Christian (WV). He spent last season at Morehead State and has left the program. Three years' eligibility.

Obvious connection to Morehead State (IUP coach Joe Lombardi's son is an assistant there).

Pure speculation he lands in the Atlantic but wouldn't be shocked ...

Comment

Comment

I don't think players are much different than their non-playing counterparts. A small number take college very seriously and strive to get the highest grades in difficult courses to maximize the return on their investment...Probably the largest group does enough to get through but not a lot extra...A shockingly large number focus on "outside" things (be it basketball or partying...or perhaps both) and end up failing out rather quickly...And then a final group that decide that college just isn't their thing or get homesick and leave.

Comment

Add to the list of former Toppers who have played pro overseas:

Dan Monteroso
                      Core Pelle
                      Nick Brown
                      Mike Mathey

Comment

Comment

I didn't catch it last week but Nwandu followed his coach from Le Moyne to Niagara (Beleine Jr.)

Comment

Comment

Comment

84% from P5 ... what percent is the non-college Euro?

I have to assme the non-Big East puts quite a few in with Villanova, etc.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X