Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by bballfan03; 04-23-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Re: Transfers

Yes he did. To the best of my knowledge, WLU hasn't put any restrictions on a transferring player.

Comment

I thought there were restrictions for Dennis and Guillozet (spelling). Dennis fought it and won and Guillozet(spelling) didn't and didn't go to Nova. I think it just boils down to if the school grants a kid a full release or not. Typically if you are going to a different conference you can play right away but I thought the restriction for the WL guys was in place to deter guys from following Crutch.

Comment

Sheer speculation, but scuttlebutt around Columbus after his freshman season was that Dennis thought he was D1 and was going to leave even before Crutch left.
          Don't know if Guillozet had an offer from Crutch. If he wanted to be the main man, WL or Nova is not the place.
          He will have his chance at Valdosta now that Justice is gone.
          I am not sure if there were any restrictions on transfers while Crutch was at WL (i.e., Columbo at NDC).

Comment

FYI - latest updates on D1 transfers from verbalcommits.com

I regret the bad format on tables. Web site keeps reformatting and getting rid of extra spaces and won't let me insert image from non-URL. Anyone know to to post Excel pivot table into a thread and preserve formatting?

4/27/19: d1 transfer count = 731

Percent of Scholarships due to transfer 21.36% 4/27/2019

JR or RS JR are 38% of transfers
            SO are 24% of transfers
            FR are 22% of transfers
            RS Jr are 20% of transfers
            JR are 16 % of transfers
            Grad transfers is not a big source of transfers (only 5%) with only 2 players rated > 3.7 stars

74% are 2 star players
            11% are 3 star players
            No Players greater than 4.0 stars transfer after their SO class.

74% are 2 star players

Data from verbal commits

Total D1 Scholarships 13
            Average Scholarships in 3 classes 9.75
            Number d1 schools 351
            Percent of Scholarships due to transfer 21.36% 4/27/2019

JR or RS JR are 38% of transfers
            SO are 24% of transfers
            FR are 22% of transfers
            RS Jr are 20% of transfers
            JR are 16 % of transfers
            Grad transfers is not a big source of transfers

74% are 2 star players
            11% are 3 star players
            No Players greater than 4.0 stars transfer after their SO class.

Count of Class Player Star Ranking
            Class 2 2.3 2.5 2.7 3 3.3 3.5 3.7 4 4.3 4.7 5 Grand Total By class %

SR 29 2 3 1 2 37 5.06%
            RS JR 95 1 6 2 27 8 3 5 147 20.11%
            JR 102 1 3 3 4 2 1 2 118 16.14%
            RS SO 44 2 5 1 1 6 59 8.07%
            SO 127 2 2 25 5 3 4 7 1 1 1 178 24.35%
            RS FR 24 3 4 1 32 4.38%
            FR 119 1 15 3 4 1 14 1 2 160 21.89%

total 540 3 13 9 82 20 8 9 40 3 3 1 731 100.00%

Star Ranking 2 2.3 2.5 2.7 3 3.3 3.5 3.7 4 4.3 4.7 5
            By Stars Percentage 73.87% 0.41% 1.78% 1.23% 11.22% 2.74% 1.09% 1.23% 5.47% 0.41% 0.41% 0.14% 100.00%

Comment

Former Concord guard Jair Rodgers has signed with Florida Southern.

Comment

Last edited by Columbuseer; 05-02-2019, 09:46 AM. Reason: Correct height typo

Comment

Former East Stroudsburg, and more recently, Le Moyne small forward Kobi Nwandu is (again) available.

He's a pretty nice player.

Comment

And look at the D1 teams those four DII players transferred to. Not exactly Duke or Georgetown! Heck, not even South Carolina or UCF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                      And look at the D1 teams those four DII players transferred to. Not exactly Duke or Georgetown! Heck, not even South Carolina or UCF!!!!
                      The best bet would be for the elite D2 post players. The kid from Ferris State two years ago went to Xavier. Dustin Sleva easily could have found had a home if he wanted to move up.

The guards seem to have a much tougher path.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        The best bet would be for the elite D2 post players. The kid from Ferris State two years ago went to Xavier. Dustin Sleva easily could have found had a home if he wanted to move up.

The guards seem to have a much tougher path.
                        Good point. Higher supply of good guards that are so close in ability that for schools it often comes down to size and strength as to who gets selected ( not to mention names but 6 ft and 150 lbs is detrimental).

Ferris state guy was national player of year I think. Looked dominating in finals against two bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          And if they left euro style teams for d1 schools that are dribble drive teams they have hurt their chances of playing overseas. Well at least they got something to brag about at cocktail parties after graduation. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                            And if they left euro style teams for d1 schools that are dribble drive teams they have hurt their chances of playing overseas. Well at least they got something to brag about at cocktail parties after graduation. Lol
                            I don't think nearly as many want to play overseas as you may think.

Comment

You are probably right and that illustrates the huge gap between how players and their handlers perceive their skills and reality.

If they are not interested because they are stubbornly holding on to the NBA dream then that is truly unfortunate. U can make very good money overseas, far more than typical college grad. Unless you are all conference and play for power 5 or big east conference team then your chances are very remote of making nba. Far more teams overseas.

Comment

Yes. This idea that every single kid who is on a college basketball team wants to play professionally even if it means moving half way across to play in a second rate Portuguese league is way overblown. And the idea that guys who were benchwarmers at D1 schools wasted their college years is very misguided.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X