Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Cardona gone cray
    Maybe she read the board. Such an odd team to figure out.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Maybe she read the board. Such an odd team to figure out.

Cardona is one of the best 'bigs' in the league. They just need to keep feeding her the ball and running plays for her to shoot from deep.

IUP's starting five last night scored 79 of their 82 points. That's crazy.

They looked great yesterday minus the first five minutes. They need to get a little payback tomorrow. That was a really big win for them. Mercyhurst beat them up the first time so to win by 18 up there was pretty impressive.

Comment

• Nice revenge win for the ladies tonight. They are on a roll all the sudden.

Comment

• I went to the Heritage Conference finals last night at the KCAC. First thing to point out is the place was packed with well over 3,000 people. Biggest crowd I’ve seen in the building for basketball this year. For the first time I saw Ava Persichetti play for River Valley. All I knew about her prior was what I read in the papers. She’s only a sophomore, but IUP shouldn’t have let her out of the building. The kid took over the game out of the gate and even though they basically doubled her in the second half to take her away, she still found a way to rise to the occasion and put the game away late. She’s also excellent defensively. In the second half she took over guarding Homer Center’s 1,500+ points scorer and it was pretty much lights out. That was senior versus sophomore.

Not only is she lightning quick, she has great hands, can shoot from anywhere, and plays with a type of swagger you don’t see as much on the women’s side. I recognize she’s at a AA school and not playing top competition every night, but at her age and what she’s already doing, she’s looking like one of the best girl’s players I’ve seen around here in quite some time. I walked away very impressed.

By the way, if you think officiating the PSAC is bad, high school games will make you want to throw up. If the girls game wasn’t bad enough, the boys game was a disaster, but at least it was equally bad for both teams.

Comment

I went to the Heritage Conference finals last night at the KCAC. First thing to point out is the place was packed with well over 3,000 people. Biggest crowd I’ve seen in the building for basketball this year. For the first time I saw Ava Persichetti play for River Valley. All I knew about her prior was what I read in the papers. She’s only a sophomore, but IUP shouldn’t have let her out of the building. The kid took over the game out of the gate and even though they basically doubled her in the second half to take her away, she still found a way to rise to the occasion and put the game away late. She’s also excellent defensively. In the second half she took over guarding Homer Center’s 1,500+ points scorer and it was pretty much lights out. That was senior versus sophomore.

Not only is she lightning quick, she has great hands, can shoot from anywhere, and plays with a type of swagger you don’t see as much on the women’s side. I recognize she’s at a AA school and not playing top competition every night, but at her age and what she’s already doing, she’s looking like one of the best girl’s players I’ve seen around here in quite some time. I walked away very impressed.

By the way, if you think officiating the PSAC is bad, high school games will make you want to throw up. If the girls game wasn’t bad enough, the boys game was a disaster, but at least it was equally bad for both teams.
            My guess is they are going to have a hard time keeping her in Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

My guess is they are going to have a hard time keeping her in Indiana.
              Sounds like the type of player that goes Division One and doesn't look back.

Comment

• What a revenge win !!

Comment

• Originally posted by gman16506 View Post

Sounds like the type of player that goes Division One and doesn't look back.
                  Well, she just scored her 1,000th point the other night as a sophomore so she’ll be getting plenty of attention. I don’t know that she’s DI, but it’s possible depending on how the next two seasons go. I happened to catch Indiana HS girls play South Fayette earlier this year and that team brought two girls that signed DI NLIs to town. They just look different, that’s for sure.

Comment

• Ladies need to continue the revenge tour today.

Their performance in Morrow was their worst of the season.

I have a hunch the old Interim is going to light them up today.

Comment

• On the bright side for the IUP women, when 18-7 is trending as a disappointing season, we are truly spoiled.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
                        On the bright side for the IUP women, when 18-7 is trending as a disappointing season, we are truly spoiled.
                        In reality if they didn't have that stretch with rotating starting bigs out they probably only have 3-4 losses.

Comment

I went to the Heritage Conference finals last night at the KCAC. First thing to point out is the place was packed with well over 3,000 people. Biggest crowd I’ve seen in the building for basketball this year. For the first time I saw Ava Persichetti play for River Valley. All I knew about her prior was what I read in the papers. She’s only a sophomore, but IUP shouldn’t have let her out of the building. The kid took over the game out of the gate and even though they basically doubled her in the second half to take her away, she still found a way to rise to the occasion and put the game away late. She’s also excellent defensively. In the second half she took over guarding Homer Center’s 1,500+ points scorer and it was pretty much lights out. That was senior versus sophomore.

Well, officiating probably isn't going to get better, because with all the abuse officials take these days fewer and fewer people want to do it. My area high school conference can't play all its football games on Friday night because they don't have enough crews. Maybe some of the legion of sideline critics these days should sign up to become officials themselves. They'd obviously do better.

Comment

• Puke day for the women.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Puke day for the women.
                              Yep, they’re bad. How do you come out flat on Senior Day? Beyond being flat, they can’t hit a layup and most inexcusable of all, they’re being out worked. Slippery Rock came to win today and is embarrassing IUP on their own floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                                Puke day for the women.
                                Women sucked. No other way to say it.

Embarrassing performance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X