Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The third official release of Regional Rankings came out yesterday. Obviously, these do NOT include last night's results.

1. IUP
    2. West Liberty
    3. Mercyhurst
    4. Virginia Union
    5. Fairmont State
    6. Pitt-Johnstown
    7. West Chester
    8. East Stroudsburg
    9. West Virginia State
    10. Winston-Salem State

What's interesting is then 9-loss (now 10-loss) UPJ was ahead of both (then) 7-loss ESU and WCU. The metrics seem to love UPJ and in reality last night's loss to Mercyhurst may not hurt them too much. I get the SOS love fest with UPJ but their record against good teams is terrible.

Questions/Thoughts:

* Obviously ESU jumps West Chester.

* How far does UPJ fall?

* It's clear Winston-Salem will be the No. 8 seed in the Regional

* Did IUP's win last night wrap up the hosting rights regardless of what happens this weekend?

* Some big head-to-head match-ups this weekend. It's highly likely West Liberty is going to play both West Virginia State and Fairmont State. We already know IUP/ESU are playing Saturday.

* My guess is we are going to see some of the dreaded "Round 4" games next weekend.
    Interesting. I can see why the computers love UPJ with the schedule they played, and the head to head wins over Charleston and WCU certainly loom large, but they certainly haven’t passed the eye test lately. The question becomes if WCU hadn’t already jumped them why would they now? So WCU could be in big trouble, potential issues from last night’s postgame notwithstanding.

Comment

* Obviously ESU jumps West Chester.
      Is it obvious though? West Chester beat them two out of three and the numbers are too close to call at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Is it obvious though? West Chester beat them two out of three and the numbers are too close to call at the moment.
        It is a very interesting round robin between those 3. UPJ beat WCU, ESU crushed UPJ and WCU won 2 of 3 against ESU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

It is a very interesting round robin between those 3. UPJ beat WCU, ESU crushed UPJ and WCU won 2 of 3 against ESU.
          I'm guessing wins in March mean more than losses in Jan/Feb

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

They definitely do in D1. The D2 criteria seems a bit more cut/dry. Inkblot would have to answer that question.

I agreed with you and thought ESU would jump right over West Chester. He indicated that may not be the case.

What do I know ... the more UPJ loses they just get better metrics lol.

I have a feeling West Chester getting in could be like Fairmont State limping in last year. Only instead of injuries like FSU had, WCU could have suspended players.

Fairmont State was a shell of itself down the stretch last year with massive injury issues but their overall body of work still got them in (not the what have you done lately approach that should have kept them out). They got blasted in Round 1 by California. The Vulcans had the easiest game in Round 1 by far because of it.

Comment

They definitely do in D1. The D2 criteria seems a bit more cut/dry. Inkblot would have to answer that question.

I agreed with you and thought ESU would jump right over West Chester. He indicated that may not be the case.

What do I know ... the more UPJ loses they just get better metrics lol.

I have a feeling West Chester getting in could be like Fairmont State limping in last year. Only instead of injuries like FSU had, WCU could have suspended players.

Fairmont State was a shell of itself down the stretch last year with massive injury issues but their overall body of work still got them in (not the what have you done lately approach that should have kept them out). They got blasted in Round 1 by California. The Vulcans had the easiest game in Round 1 by far because of it.
              Danny Boy didn't cry during that one.

Comment

I’m not so sure. UPJ seems to be reaping the benefits of games from November and December.

Comment

• Charleston probably wasn't really in the mix any longer but it is certainly out now after losing to D&E today.

Fairmont and WL won. WVSU plays tonight.

Comment

• West Virginia State is getting blown out.

Good news perhaps for ESU, West Chester and Pitt-Johnstown.

Comment

West Virginia State is getting blown out.

Mind boggling

Comment

This is explicitly not the case.

Comment

Unless, of course, Notre Dame or D&E find a way to win an auto-bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Unless, of course, Notre Dame or D&E find a way to win an auto-bid.
                            The same ND that WL beat 100-53 a couple weeks ago?

Perhaps it's closer today but they aren't very good. WVSU looked like they just finally gave up after underachieving all year. That was as disinterested of a team as I've ever seen last night.

Comment

The same ND that WL beat 100-53 a couple weeks ago?

Perhaps it's closer today but they aren't very good. WVSU looked like they just finally gave up after underachieving all year. That was as disinterested of a team as I've ever seen last night.
                              Oh, there's no question I found myself rooting for NDC last night over WVSU. The Yellowjackets scare me, but NDC seems like a more comfortable match-up for WLU. I fully expect to see a WLU-Fairmont final tomorrow, but it's March. Madness can always ensue!

Comment

It's really odd what's happening down there in Institute. Their players 1-7 might be the top 7 most purely talented players in the league. If you lined up all the MEC players at a tryout and asked coaches to pick a team, you might end up with 7 WVSU players coming off the "draft board" before anyone else. And yet they continue to find ways to lose. You don't win games in warm-ups or tryouts, but that's where WVSU most excels. I can't really figure out why they continue both to get top-end talent to go there but also to underachieve. They're a real enigma.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X