Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

It's really odd what's happening down there in Institute. Their players 1-7 might be the top 7 most purely talented players in the league. If you lined up all the MEC players at a tryout and asked coaches to pick a team, you might end up with 7 WVSU players coming off the "draft board" before anyone else. And yet they continue to find ways to lose. You don't win games in warm-ups or tryouts, but that's where WVSU most excels. I can't really figure out why they continue both to get top-end talent to go there but also to underachieve. They're a real enigma.
    Any great team can't have all stars. It just doesn't work. If they have guys not accepting lesser roles ... we could have just seen the results. You need garbage men to do all the dirty work, etc.

Comment

• The question for me is does Pittman return to WV State? He really copped an attitude when they played up at A-B and only played sparingly and very uninspired in a loss. That is putting it lightly. He seemed ticked that night that the offense didn't run thru him.

He then didn't play the next two games that State played.

Last night, he checked out.

He came out of Capital HS as a major league talent but a guy known to have "issues". I don't know. He flourished at State his first two seasons. I actually thought State & Poore was a good match for him. I just can't see him returning to State next season based on what I saw the last three weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
        The question for me is does Pittman return to WV State? He really copped an attitude when they played up at A-B and only played sparingly and very uninspired in a loss. That is putting it lightly. He seemed ticked that night that the offense didn't run thru him.

He then didn't play the next two games that State played.

Last night, he checked out.

He came out of Capital HS as a major league talent but a guy known to have "issues". I don't know. He flourished at State his first two seasons. I actually thought State & Poore was a good match for him. I just can't see him returning to State next season based on what I saw the last three weeks.
        Don't forget that he was ineligible for the first half of this season as well.

I can't imagine any self-respecting D1 program will take a run at a "problem child." He could likely go to a middling D2 and be "the man" all he wants.

But I'm with you, JDon, I thought things were clicking pretty well for him at WVSU prior to this year.

Comment

• Doesn’t matter who wins, Hurst or Ship. Tomorrow’s final will be a meat grinder!

Comment

• The best two teams in the PSAC will slug it out for the tournament title tomorrow. Ship was game for a while but they were outmanned. The final should be a good one. I heard the announcer suggest that if Mercyhurst wins tomorrow they could host the regional, but I see 0% chance of that happening regardless of the outcome. I think IUP has already clinched that and the only team that would have an argument should IUP lose tomorrow would be West Liberty if they can win their tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
              The best two teams in the PSAC will slug it out for the tournament title tomorrow. Ship was game for a while but they were outmanned. The final should be a good one. I heard the announcer suggest that if Mercyhurst wins tomorrow they could host the regional, but I see 0% chance of that happening regardless of the outcome. I think IUP has already clinched that and the only team that would have an argument should IUP lose tomorrow would be West Liberty if they can win their tournament.
              That guy hates IUP and will bad talk them all day tomorrow. If you aren't going to be there hit mute.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That guy hates IUP and will bad talk them all day tomorrow. If you aren't going to be there hit mute.
                Lol

Comment

The whole league hates IUP from the Home Office on down.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                    The best two teams in the PSAC will slug it out for the tournament title tomorrow. Ship was game for a while but they were outmanned. The final should be a good one. I heard the announcer suggest that if Mercyhurst wins tomorrow they could host the regional, but I see 0% chance of that happening regardless of the outcome. I think IUP has already clinched that and the only team that would have an argument should IUP lose tomorrow would be West Liberty if they can win their tournament.
                    The women's side is also an all-West final (Cal at Gannon).

Cal took awhile but they got real hot down the stretch. It should be a good one.

Comment

• ESU & WCU have to be pleased that there were no cinderella surprises in the MEC or PSAC semis today. All 4 locks will play tomorrow, so at large bids are safe. In fact, I'm of a mind that IUP already has hosting rights sewn up, so pride may be the only thing on the line in both finals tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The whole league hates IUP from the Home Office on down.
                        Right. I’m sure the powers that be in the PSAC were just furious that IUP was giving the conference name recognition as being the #1 ranked team in the country for much of the 2nd half of the season.

Do you ever think about some of the stuff you say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                          ESU & WCU have to be pleased that there were no cinderella surprises in the MEC or PSAC semis today. All 4 locks will play tomorrow, so at large bids are safe. In fact, I'm of a mind that IUP already has hosting rights sewn up, so pride may be the only thing on the line in both finals tomorrow.
                          It’s going to be interesting to see who gets those last two spots. UPJ didn’t finish the season as a tournament caliber team and what’s Kromka’s status going forward? Do they get any leniency for him not playing in the Mercyhurst drubbing? WCU obviously didn’t advance any further than UPJ did and lost to them head to head. ESU is the best team of the 3 right now and blew out UPJ, but went 1-2 against WCU.

From the computer perspective, I doubt enough happened this week to bump UPJ out when they were 6th in the last rankings. But how much of the final decision is simply going by what the computers spit out? What room is there for humans and the eye test to give input? It’s very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                            From the computer perspective, I doubt enough happened this week to bump UPJ out when they were 6th in the last rankings. But how much of the final decision is simply going by what the computers spit out? What room is there for humans and the eye test to give input? It’s very interesting.
                            The computers aren't the reason UPJ was sixth.

Comment

Which guys were you listening to? The Ship announcers actually were giving pretty favorable commentary about IUP for most of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

The computers aren't the reason UPJ was sixth.
                                So then I’m guessing, probably incorrectly, that before Wednesday WCU was viewed as clearly better than ESU because they were 2-0 against them and UPJ had the H2H win over WCU, so that’s how UPJ comes out on top of that little round robin. I can buy that logic certainly. Then it’ll be interesting to see how the events of this week change things, if they do. ESU may end up kicking themselves for letting the opportunity for a real statement win slip away yesterday.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X