Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting

Originally posted by tomt4525 View Post
    Without knowing much of what happened at NMSU, I figured it was one of 2 reasons....it was a little eye opening the level of players his teammates were or he got homesick. So, your response isn't a shock and you're right that its better for NMSU to find out this early and to be able to recruit to fill in whatever needs they expected Drew Blair to fill later on.
    Four days ago Coach Weick tweeted "Great day for our future"...this was retweeted by Drew Blair...so your guess could be correct

Comment

Without knowing much of what happened at NMSU, I figured it was one of 2 reasons....it was a little eye opening the level of players his teammates were or he got homesick. So, your response isn't a shock and you're right that its better for NMSU to find out this early and to be able to recruit to fill in whatever needs they expected Drew Blair to fill later on.
      I don't even know if it was skill level of players. I believe it was more of the hard work and dedication needed to succeed at this level. I think it was more of a "oh $hit, if this is preseason then what is practice and conditioning going to be in season".

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        Four days ago Coach Weick tweeted "Great day for our future"...this was retweeted by Drew Blair...so your guess could be correct
        I've heard Blair is going to Hillsdale. Nothing confirmed but just what I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
          I've heard Blair is going to Hillsdale. Nothing confirmed but just what I have heard.
          Maybe Wieck didn't really want him and he was celebrating the fact that Blair was going to Hillsdale instead.

(Just kidding.)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            Maybe Wieck didn't really want him and he was celebrating the fact that Blair was going to Hillsdale instead.

(Just kidding.)
            I think Duluth got one of his HS or AAU teammates and that's what the retweet was about. Again, all rumor and nothing substantiated so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
              I don't even know if it was skill level of players. I believe it was more of the hard work and dedication needed to succeed at this level. I think it was more of a "oh $hit, if this is preseason then what is practice and conditioning going to be in season".
              I heard similar things... complaining about the conditioning and just a general lack of work ethic from the time he got here. It's too bad, I really thought he was a good get for us, but if you're not willing to work hard and/or play defense, you won't play for Mac. There are always 2 sides, and I'm sure that Drew has a different take on what happened, but it was probably best for both parties for him to move on. I also heard NW would sign his release as long as it wasn't within the conference, which doesn't seem to be an issue. I don't know if that still means he'd have to sit or not.

Comment

Drew Blair is going to Duluth, recently made it official. He will enroll for 2nd semester and join the team next year as a redshirt freshman.

Comment

Drew Blair is going to Duluth, recently made it official. He will enroll for 2nd semester and join the team next year as a redshirt freshman.
                  My investigative work never ceases to amaze me

Comment

• Comment

Not to be a skeptic...but the 2nd best gaurd and only had one offer?? I know he was #10 according to that random bloggers list that I posted but without paying for the different recruiting sites, I cant find much out there about him.

Comment

Not to be a skeptic...but the 2nd best gaurd and only had one offer?? I know he was #10 according to that random bloggers list that I posted but without paying for the different recruiting sites, I cant find much out there about him.

Comment

He's Chad Walthall and he approves these messages.

Comment

SMSU early signings:
                            1. Cliff McCray, 6'2" G (Sioux City West, IA)
                            2. Sam Schwartz, 6'3" G (White Bear Lake, MN)
                            3. Andy Stafford, 6'4" F (Hopkins, MN)
                            4. Logan Benson, 6'4" F (Ellsworth, WI)
                            5. Noah Chamberlain, 6'6" G (St. Thomas Academy, MN)

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              He's Chad Walthall and he approves these messages.
                              Nice try...

Comment

He was committed before his junior year of ball.....I'm guessing that most schools stopped recruiting him at that point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X