Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruiting

As I said in an earlier post. Good luck to the kid; wish him well. Also time will tell. But from my understanding, IF he had any interest in NW, that interest was not reciprocated for one reason or another. Not saying anything bad about the kid; just saying he is probably not a good fit for NW and may pan out to be what Western needs.

Comment

Our fans would've been excited to have him too, even if some are now acting like he wasn't good enough for Northwest. He was the best player from his high school, which has had two players that have started and won NC's at Northwest, Xavier Kurth and Diego Benard, although he was older than Diego when they played together. I do think Diego's ceiling is higher, but I don't know if I would've said that 2-3 years ago. He was 3 time all state class 4. Long, athletic, can shoot the ball. Played 18 minutes a game as a true freshman for a Division I school... I don't care that it was Lehigh. If he heals completely, he'll be a good player for MoWest... I see him as an Ndow type player, a do everything well guy, but not necessarily a superstar, but what do I know. Lol.

I was told, that when he declared he was going to transfer, that he did reach out to Diego and Xavier to put some feelers out that he was interested in coming to Northwest, and once that got out, people got excited. I do think the fans were maybe more engaged with the idea than the staff, but I think it had to be because of the injury. Like I've said a few times on this board, I have a hard time believing he'll be ready by the start of the season coming off ACL surgery in early March. If he was healthy and could step right into an area of need, I think it would've been a better fit. I have no insider information... maybe we were in on him hard and Sunny pulled it off. Sunny is building him some "culture" too! It doesn't matter how it happened, good for him and good for MoWest... I hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
        It does surprise me that he said he wanted to go to a winning environment and went to a school that openly said a goal of theirs this year was not finishing DFL.
        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
          LOL
          That's what I thought when I saw that video too.

I agree with others said. Not saying he's not good, he may turn out to be a hell of a player. Just for whatever reason the staff wasn't interested. Hope we don't regret it but Ben's reputation speaks for itself.

Comment

That's what I thought when I saw that video too.
            Glad you could laugh at something that was meant to be funny. Who says Bearcat fans don't have a sense of humor?

Comment

Glad you could laugh at something that was meant to be funny. Who says Bearcat fans don't have a sense of humor?
              I guess I'm old school in the fact that if I was on a team or supported a team that made a joke out of not being successful I wouldn't find it very funny.

Watching a team I don't support make a joke of it is comical though.

Comment

I guess I'm old school in the fact that if I was on a team or supported a team that made a joke out of not being successful I wouldn't find it very funny.

Watching a team I don't support make a joke of it is comical though.
                I may have spoken too soon about Bearcat humor.

They were picked DFL, and took that as a challenge. That's not making a joke out of not being successful. YMMV

(Edited to add a link to the video for those that have no idea what we're talking about.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgz6...ature=youtu.be
                Last edited by GrifFan; 05-01-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I may have spoken too soon about Bearcat humor.

They were picked DFL, and took that as a challenge. That's not making a joke out of not being successful. YMMV

(Edited to add a link to the video for those that have no idea what we're talking about.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgz6...ature=youtu.be
                  Considering their finish in conference the previous 2 years, its much easier to connect it to actual performance rather than predictions.

Edit: in watching it again since you posted it looks like a combination of predictions and past performance
                  Last edited by NWHoops; 05-01-2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Shocker, a D1 transfer going to Mankato....

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...40d299a0a.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Shocker, a D1 transfer going to Mankato....

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/spo...40d299a0a.html
                      Well if Montana Tech and CSU Pueblo were after him the Mavs had to get him

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                        Well if Montana Tech and CSU Pueblo were after him the Mavs had to get him
                        As usual, Mankato will have another talented roster next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                          As usual, Mankato will have another talented roster next year.
                          Kirksey and Kreiger are proven All NSIC commodities, sources indicate that incoming freshmen Ryland Holt from Illinois has FOY type potential, beyond that..... it's a lot of guys who are extremely inconsistent like McCloud, Baumgardner, and Nixon. Barring some large internal improvement or addition I think this is shaping up to be one of Margs least talented rosters in recent years.

Comment

Kirksey and Kreiger are proven All NSIC commodities, sources indicate that incoming freshmen Ryland Holt from Illinois has FOY type potential, beyond that..... it's a lot of guys who are extremely inconsistent like McCloud, Baumgardner, and Nixon. Barring some large internal improvement or addition I think this is shaping up to be one of Margs least talented rosters in recent years.
                            Would expect Baumgardner and/or Nixon to be improved next season. If d1 transfer big guy is good that will go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              Would expect Baumgardner and/or Nixon to be improved next season. If d1 transfer big guy is good that will go a long way.
                              I mean that could happen, but would you wager on them making the Regional right now?

I just noticed that Kato signed two more HS kids on Friday which brings his HS haul from the class of '19 to FOUR compared to one measley transfer?!?! Did the Carlos Anderson Experience scare Margs out of the transfer game?!?
                              Last edited by Augieholic; 05-07-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I mean that could happen, but would you wager on them making the Regional right now?

I just noticed that Kato signed two more HS kids on Friday which brings his HS haul from the class of '19 to FOUR compared to one measley transfer?!?! Did the Carlos Anderson Experience scare Margs out of the transfer game?!?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X